What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do to earn a crust.

roofromoz

First Grade
I work as a development assessment officer for a council in south western Sydney - I'm a qualified town planner, but don't plan towns... yet. Could do it if I wanted to, like planning for land release areas, and may do it yet.

woodyk2

First Grade
Did my time in the Army and then the RAAF.Own a concreting business and a roofing business. Own two trucks and own the runs for a major transport firm.Part owner in a bakery...i know nothing about baking. Day trader on the aussie sharemarket.

woodyk2

First Grade
Did my time in the Army and then the RAAF.Own a concreting business and a roofing business. Own two trucks and own the runs for a major transport firm.Part owner in a bakery...i know nothing about baking. Day trader on the aussie sharemarket.
Not to bad for a Koori.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Better make sure they are quality steel caps.

A bloke at a factory I worked at as an 18 y.o. had a forklift run over his cheapy steel caps and it bent down and sliced right into his foot

as a bloke who drove forklifts for nearly 5 years for 8 hours a day, let me assure you, if any forklift runs over your foot, its caving in the steel cap. Most forklift is well over a ton. Steel cap cant compete with that weight. The steel cap is designed to protect against much lesser weight

I've heard a lot of fireys don't wear steel caps because the metal in the caps conducts heat and burns their toes when in a fire.

As a bloke who now works in the public service in an area of issuing emergancy services with their gear, the FB included, Firey's dont wear steel cap boots, they wear structural fire fighting boots which do in fact contain a composite steel toe in it... they dont have the option to wear anything else, as that is the australian standard that must be met.

Rather obviously, im a public servant, the public section is the way. Good pay, flex time, easy work load, and loads of team bonding events

Mong

Post Whore
Personal injury litigation with an insurance company while at Uni doing law..would prefer to be in a band,, can't play anything though which is an issue although some bands have shown that's not really an impediment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
as a bloke who drove forklifts for nearly 5 years for 8 hours a day, let me assure you, if any forklift runs over your foot, its caving in the steel cap. Most forklift is well over a ton. Steel cap cant compete with that weight. The steel cap is designed to protect against much lesser weight

As a bloke who now works in the public service in an area of issuing emergancy services with their gear, the FB included, Firey's dont wear steel cap boots, they wear structural fire fighting boots which do in fact contain a composite steel toe in it... they dont have the option to wear anything else, as that is the australian standard that must be met.

Rather obviously, im a public servant, the public section is the way. Good pay, flex time, easy work load, and loads of team bonding events

I thought everyone in Canberra was a public servant

except Baz

Didgi

I scrounge off parents and on the odd occasion (aka every spare second of my life) work as a sales assistant at a sports store. Better than Maccas/Coles where half my mates work.

That's what they told Monoghan :sarcasm:

Coastbloke

Bench
Personal injury litigation with an insurance company while at Uni doing law..would prefer to be in a band,, can't play anything though which is an issue although some bands have shown that's not really an impediment.

That's no surprise is it..??

Just think all you decent blokes..

With his anti father posts on here, anyone in the future who needs a legal hand if you get into that sort of event in your life, this is what the law schools are teaching these days..

Frightening..