What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do to earn a crust.

Mong

Post Whore
Always knew Mong was scum, here's some more vindication, or perhaps what caused him t become scum.

Yeah yeah..

It's actually good fun.. I'd rather do defendant work with an insurance company then be a plaintiff ambulance chaser..

Coastbloke

Bench
Have a cry CB, this isn't the forum for that kind of carry on.

Hey..??

It's the perfect forum..

Surely you're not embarrassed about being a bottom feeder..??

I keep thinking of the surveys about professions and trustworthiness and your comments about Family Law and it pretty much adds up..

:lol: :lol:

elbusto

Coach
Personal injury litigation with an insurance company while at Uni doing law..would prefer to be in a band,, can't play anything though which is an issue although some bands have shown that's not really an impediment.
Interesting Mong. Would like to have done that myself (ie Law specifically Personal Litigation). Enjoying it?

Mong

Post Whore
I don't care what people say about Lawyers CB.. Some are dodgy as they come, like with any profession really.

The only reason you don't like my comments is because you don't understand how legislation is applied.. That's more your issue than mine.

Either way, I am not interested in having that debate yet again in this thread/forum.

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
Interesting Mong. Would like to have done that myself (ie Law specifically Personal Litigation). Enjoying it?

Yeah it's good fun mostly, a lot of sad/f**ked up situations though.

Not sure I will stay in PI long term though. I would like a go with Environmental Law at some point, however unless they change the legislation in QLD, personal injury will remain "recession" proof..

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
Yeah it's good fun mostly, a lot of sad/f**ked up situations though.

Not sure I will stay in PI long term though. I would like a go with Environmental Law at some point however unless they change the legislation on QLD personal injury will remain "recession" proof..
I tried law twice - gave up when I was twenty because I could not be bothered. Gave up second time because had kids, etc. Ended up as an Advocate at the HREOC and Administrative Appeals Tribunal. Loved it. If I had my time again would love to be a barrister - and a nasty one hahahah!

elbusto

Coach
Try it again.. Be worth your while.
Too late - I am 52 and I am too well paid to change careers - I am now a Director in the Australian Public Service. Loving people management. I have a great job, family and my football. Does not get much better mate!

Coastbloke

Bench
I don't care what people say about Lawyers CB.. Some are dodgy as they come, like with any profession really.

The only reason you don't like my comments is because you don't understand how legislation is applied.. That's more your issue than mine.

Either way, I am not interested in having that debate yet again in this thread/forum.

No fair enough mate/ma'am..

I can never tell..

Your quite right about other professions being as bad as Lawyers..

It's hard though..

Given your record of thinking that false allegations being acceptable and lawful I (if it's a mum as opposed to a dad) am just struggling to find such a profession.. :D

But I digress, I should keep this OT..

Music..

Mong

Post Whore
Too late - I am 52 and I am too well paid to change careers - I am now a Director in the Australian Public Service. Loving people management. I have a great job, family and my football. Does not get much better mate!

There are a couple of guys your age in some of my classes, never to late, although doesn't really sound like you need a change. And it's a massive time commitment as well.

elbusto

Coach
There are a couple of guys your age in some of my classes, never to late, although doesn't really sound like you need a change. And it's a massive time commitment as well.
Too true. I need plenty of drinking time as well - LOL. Good luck. I like the way you think.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Try it again.. Be worth your while.

My partner wants to get out of practising law and into academia so badly that I have no doubt it will happen within the next few months. She hates the job and she represents people she actually cares about.

Its a tough life the law game.

Mong

Post Whore
Which is a reason i am not coninced that PI is the place to be long term, more money to be made in plaintiff work however having to deal with a large majority who don't have much wrong with them but carry on like merkins and make strange demands because they are convinced the world now owes them something doesn't appeal at all.

But the law it's self is such an interesting and varied thing i can't see myself becoming tired of it.

I can't imagaine the academic world for a living, i am content with posting in 4c's to get my quota of putting up with folk who think they are so much smarter than everyone else around them :)

Good luck to her though.

derp

Juniors
I collect all the dispenced lead from south western Sydney & cash it in at Sims

Latest posts