What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do to earn a crust.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I work in television, but it's hardly as glamourous and certainly not as well paying as it sounds.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Media industry in general isn't as glamorous as it's made out to be. It's demanding, soul destroying and the money isn't all that great.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I currently work as a tech support agent for Fetch TV at iiNet. But quitting that in two weeks to set off for China and do some teaching.

I also make some money ($150-$600 a month) through ad sales on my website :)

Apey

Staff member
casual worker at a data consultancy company... not really enjoying it atm

redvscotty

First Grade
Work for a Telco dealing with business phone and data faults.

It's as shit as it sounds in every single way (still better than consumer faults though).

Houdini

First Grade
Media Travel Coordinator for the company I work for.

Pretty much self explanatory - arranging travel for the media - anything from tv, radio, journalists, photo shoots etc. The government department which owns our company also like to treat me like their personal travel agent, which is freaking annoying :crazy:

legend

Coach
Financial Planner looking after Superannuation for businesses. I don't do personal stuff although I just started my advanced diploma and completed my taxation course last week.

Estate planning next. This makees me very boring although I was one of the originals on this site and came up with the website name back in 2002. I also came up with "There is no off-season" but that seems to have disappeared.

My aim is to make it onto Bazza'a Xmas card list but I'm not holding my breath...

[furrycat]

Coach
My career list is evergrowing, starting from high school employment:
1. Kmart checkout dude while in year 11/12
2. Officeworks technology dude while at uni
3. Highschool teacher for a few years
4. Police

Latest posts