What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you want to happen to the Sharks? (Poll!!)

What do you want to happen to the Sharks?

• Total voters

Apey

Staff member
Personally I think the idea of Sharks going under is bad for the NRL but fantastic for Australia.

Watch the suicide rate go down tbh..

Dogs Of War

Coach
Relocation. They have had enough chances in Sydney, and seem to end up cap in hand again and again.

Spike

First Grade
Death - slowly and painfully with lots more desperate last ditch attempts at trying to save themselves

thomo

Juniors
I lost my team. Even though we got back in, there was 2 years where it looked like we were dead and buried. I don't really like the Sharks but wouldn't wish losing your team on anyone.

Generalzod

Immortal
Relocation. They have had enough chances in Sydney, and seem to end up cap in hand again and again.

Unlike your team Stripped of all there competition point for cheating the salary cap, The Coffs harbor fiasco, ICAC Inquiry over the fiasco that was the Oasis project, Fans behaving badly...
They most certainly had enough chances...

Dogs Of War

Coach
Unlike your team Stripped of all there competition point for cheating the salary cap, The Coffs harbor fiasco, ICAC Inquiry over the fiasco that was the Oasis project, Fans behaving badly...
They most certainly had enough chances...

Yet they survive of there own accord as we have a great supporter base. While your team hasn't had these issues, and yet your supporters abandon your team.

If your supporters dont care, why should anyone else?

Scarves

Juniors
The Sharks were almost dead in 1995 until massive handouts were received to entice them to SuperLeague, somehow yet again they find themselves in a worse financial position than ever before.

I think they are gone if they don't move and only their stubborness is getting in the way of their salvation. Salvation is in relocation for this barren club. Complete and embracing relocation and a massive wad of cash at the end of a rainbow should ensure the Shark brand into the future. It's always sad when clubs die, it's sadder to see them dying as a result of bad decisions. Relocate get the cash, start from scratch,take a leaf out of the Gold Coast model and the Sharks are alomost automatically in a brand new page on a brand new book.

New area, and if completely embraced by the sharks, new fans and long term generational fans. In nine years most kids wouldn't know who the Illawarra Steelers were, some kids wouldn't know that Gus Gould played footy. A week is a long time in Footy, change now and seriously embrace the future, otherwise start praying for a sugar daddy miracle.

Loudstrat

Coach
I'd hate to see Sharks fans suffer.

Worse, I'd hate to see the Sydney decimaters gloat as if it was a win in round 4.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'd hate to see Sharks fans suffer.

Worse, I'd hate to see the Sydney decimaters gloat as if it was a win in round 4.

C'mon, you know someone has to go from Sydney, they can't all survive, and the current climate is weeding out the weakest links. Though it's not the end of the world, it's just a chance for the club to survey where there best opportunities lay, as the NRL needs the club to exist in some form, whether at Cronulla or elsewhere till 2011.

DubaiSaint

Juniors
Adelaide Sharks has a nice ring to it... they are the pimple on Saints' backside, so maybe its time to pop that zit and send em packing to hopefully a more viable financial position.

Take the $8M or so and go... it saved Saints & Illawarra and has done good things for the Tigers & Magpies and you dont have to merge.

Bazal

Post Whore
Definitely sign ownership over to Lord Finchy....he'd set them right....

Failing that, relocate.