What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you want to happen to the Sharks? (Poll!!)

What do you want to happen to the Sharks?

• Total voters

Dragonwest

Juniors
What is the population of the Sunshine Coast?

I'll edit and answer my question. 260 000 and rising. 10th biggest population in oz. They seem like the best solution.

the thing to remember aswell , if the sharks did relocate they would then be free to sell their assets ( the ground and land) making the relocated team cash rich .

macavity

Referee
relocate out of NSW

IMO Perth, Wello or QLD are the go - up to the Sharks to establish which works best for them.

leave it too long they won't have a choice in the matter - which begs the question, if they fall over, who will be the 16th team?

Dogs Of War

Coach
the thing to remember aswell , if the sharks did relocate they would then be free to sell their assets ( the ground and land) making the relocated team cash rich .

Could be the best solution yet. Especially if they moved to somewhere like Adelaide, could throw $10mil at MES stadium to fix it up, get the state & fed government and the A-League team to also pony up some money, and get it uo to a decent standard.

babyg

Juniors
Full relocation to Adelaide or Qld. Bears to CC. NRL needs Manly to stay where it is not Qld. Perth Reds to come back. Then later new NZ team. and another Qld or Adelaide if no-one hasn't moved.

joshreading

Staff member
WHERE IS THE SOUTHERN SHARKS OPTION?

Partial relocation to South Australia on a permanent basis - consolidation and expansion in one

Swamp land within a smell's distance of an oil refinery is hardly prime real estate especially when you consider the current economic climate.

mightybears

Bench
I want them to survive, and not just because i fear a sydney club with a gun to its head will 100% up and move to the CC.

No one, not even a Manly fan should have to have their team arsed overnight. I'm still pissed 10 years on!

Yes they may have to sell matches to expansion areas to survive short term, but a shire without the sharks is just a free hit to soccer and the cash and savvy AFL.

We don't need another hole in Sydney's league fabric.

Swamp land within a smell's distance of an oil refinery is hardly prime real estate especially when you consider the current economic climate.

their assets far outweigh their debt though. Im sure i read their assets are worth $30 odd million.

sure some of the land may be rubbish , but they have the ground and leagues club aswell.

_Johnsy

Referee
brisbane sharks anyone, a city with a population of more than 2 million can surely sustain a 2nd team, especially when tha city is the rugby league heartland of the universe.

Surely

Post Whore

you arseclown, waterfront land is waterfront land it's valuable to the right developer, and just how close to an oil refinery is it again ?

you arseclown, waterfront land is waterfront land it's valuable to the right developer, and just how close to an oil refinery is it again ?

Nothing wrong with it I guess if you can stand the smell of methane. If that land was valuable, you would have had developers all over you to do something with it. Wake up, it's a sh*t hole. The place is dead and so is your club. Good riddance.

rabbitohs

Juniors
their assets far outweigh their debt though. Im sure i read their assets are worth $30 odd million.

sure some of the land may be rubbish , but they have the ground and leagues club aswell.

A rugby ground is a liability NOT an asset. The land may be an asset but the stadium itself is useless to anyone but the club (unless they sell it and lease it back eventually costing them a fortune). They would most likely have to pay to have the land cleared. Also a leagues club without a footy club attached loses it's worth pretty rapidly.

A rugby ground is a liability NOT an asset. The land may be an asset but the stadium itself is useless to anyone but the club (unless they sell it and lease it back eventually costing them a fortune). They would most likely have to pay to have the land cleared. Also a leagues club without a footy club attached loses it's worth pretty rapidly.

thanks , i realise that.

Im sure if sold the ground would be levelled pretty much straight away.

clearly that land can be developed though.

The leagues club without the footy club could be turned into any type of club. It wouldnt have to keep the same name.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Also a leagues club without a footy club attached loses it's worth pretty rapidly.

It would just become Sharks Juniors or something similar. It could also look at moving to somewhere it could make a buck, thats more accessible with the money they get from selling the land.

Latest posts