What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What DVD have you most recently bought?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Choppies said:
Tintin DVD Box set

I've said for years that Tintin is the man.

I've got Star Wars 3...which was strange given i haven't got the original trilogy, and U2 in Boston.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I got 'The Stand' for $30. Classic mini-series, even if it isn't as good a representation of (in my mind) Stephen King's best novel as I'd like.

hrundi99

First Grade
ozbash said:
The Twin Towers were not hit by commercial airliners?

What a load of steaming horsesh*t.

I've seen the footage, and it ain't CGI.

That the producers are making money dancing on the graves of the thousands who died makes me sick.

Their idiocy is shameful.

ozbash

Referee
hrundi99 said:
What a load of steaming horsesh*t.

I've seen the footage, and it ain't CGI.

That the producers are making money dancing on the graves of the thousands who died makes me sick.

Their idiocy is shameful.

thats cool hrundi, nobody is ramming it down anyones throat. its an alternate view.

you gunna tell me michael moores stuff is from that pile of horsesh*t ?

maybe you need to remove the blinkers :roll:

Samwise said:
curb your enthusiasm season 3, extras season 1, arrested development season 2

It kills me that The Larry Sanders Show, an even funnier (imo) groundbreaking comedy that preceded these 2, still only has season 1 on DVD with no apparent sign of the rest coming.

Big Pete

Referee
I saw that the other day.

Deeply dissapointed with it.

For those considering buying it all it does is show two matches and two highlights from those matches and the score at the end of each match. It then does a clip of big hits and then goes into the finals which has all the highlights.

Still not worth the $30 I spent on it.

Choppies

Coach
Big Pete said:
I saw that the other day.

Deeply dissapointed with it.

For those considering buying it all it does is show two matches and two highlights from those matches and the score at the end of each match. It then does a clip of big hits and then goes into the finals which has all the highlights.

Still not worth the $30 I spent on it.

Judging by that review the old season highlights tapes (98-02) seem to sh*te all over this new one. Its unfortunate that they only made up to 2002.
For those who dont know the old season highlights had every round naturally and they tried to fit in highlights of every game that round and games they didnt have highlights on they would give a description of how the game was won by the narrator in the scores screen after the highlights.

hrundi99

First Grade
ozbash said:
thats cool hrundi, nobody is ramming it down anyones throat. its an alternate view.

The problem with the world today is that the conspiracy theorists are starting to win. People are so cynical about everything that they actually start to believe this kind of garbage. You cannot have an "opinion" about whether it was a govct stunt or not, because it simply wasn't.

you gunna tell me michael moores stuff is from that pile of horsesh*t ?

While Moore isn't a huge fan of objectivity, he is credible compared to this, which says a lot about it.

maybe you need to remove the blinkers :roll:

Blinkers because I side with fact over fiction? You are being farcical.

ozbash

Referee
I am not being farcical. How the hell can you claim that ?
I brought the DVD because of a genuine intrest in what happened Sept 11th, not to be entertained.

I,m not saying that the film is fact nor fiction,, I dont know for sure.

But it does ask some very creditable questions which mainstream USA refuses to answer.

If anything, i,m more confused than ever about what happened at the Pentagon. We wernt told the entire story there.

Guess it means I dont believe everything the spin doctors tell me hrundi.

daslacker

Juniors
Bought 'SLC Punk' the other day.By far the best movie i've seen in a long time.Infact I rate it up there with my favourite movie 'Two Hands'.

Big Pete

Referee
Choppies said:
Judging by that review the old season highlights tapes (98-02) seem to sh*te all over this new one. Its unfortunate that they only made up to 2002.
For those who dont know the old season highlights had every round naturally and they tried to fit in highlights of every game that round and games they didnt have highlights on they would give a description of how the game was won by the narrator in the scores screen after the highlights.

I've seen the 2000 VHS which was awesome.

I wonder if it is available from anywhere?

Phillips

Referee
bought: Gladiator, Final Destination, House of 1000 Corpses, Troy, Police Story, Dog Soldiers, The Patriot, Starship Troopers & Children of the Corn while on holidays