What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I witnessed today was a disgrace

you should watch the nrl grand final if you want to see archer's best performance

Round 1 Parramatta v Saints and the two regular season Saints v Roosters games for confirmation.

Officiating really is in the toilet when a dope like Archer is considered the premier referee in the game it was only a few years ago he was considered one of the worst.

Eels Dude

Coach
I also thought England were a bit hard done by. Especially early in the game. It was always going to be a hard task for them to keep up with us, having blatant refereeing errors only hurts them more.

hellteam

First Grade
haha omg and I thought I was the only one.

I do it too.

Rugby league refereeing is absolutely farcical. It's worse than any other sport. You can't watch a game anymore without there being a few crucial mistakes that go close to completely ruining the game.

I'm honestly starting to like rugby league less because of it.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
^

:lol:

Ahhh, brings back memories of Ozbash's infamous thread from years ago.

I really hope for your boys sake the Kiwis do win. All you've done is beat up on the Kumuls, and beat England by less than we did...

Yeah but we did it without being handed 2-3 tries by the refs. 4 Nations final it is on big time.

chrisD

Coach
I'm struggling to remember anything from the game other than Englishmen failing to clean up regulation kicks, you'd think they'd never seen an oval shaped ball in their life. Bunch of muppets, you were denied a chance of winning because you're sh*t.

roughyedspud

Coach
take the 16points off australia that archer gave them....and give england 6 more point for the shaun lunt effect which clearly touch the line,which is a try...

and the score is 18-20 to england...

Springs

First Grade
Everyone keeps saying England played badly, well all those incompetent ref mistakes covered up the fact that Australia played badly as well.
The main point is not that England might have won if not for the ridiculous red decisions, it's that they completely ruined the game as a contest and a spectacle. England ended up getting over the line 5 times in the end. Two of their tries were disallowed (and rightly so), but three of the Australian tries were as blatant as those, and they were awarded.

^

:lol:

Ahhh, brings back memories of Ozbash's infamous thread from years ago.

I really hope for your boys sake the Kiwis do win. All you've done is beat up on the Kumuls, and beat England by less than we did...

LOL except we beat England on sheer talent not a home town ref. And we beat the Kumuls by 30+ more points than you. If you're bringing up the "you beat them by less than we did" argument, I'm pretty sure our for and against is better.

But anyway none of this matters. What matters is strangling the Roos 2 weeks in a row.

I'm confident we can do that. ;-)

Joker's Wild

Coach
And we beat the Kumuls by 30+ more points than you.

On a clear sunny day and still let them score 12 against you while we played in sh*tty wet conditions and kept the Kumuls to a big fat 0.

Keep hugging your WC mate, its gonna be another fruitless 4N for the Kiwis

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha these arguments you are trying to make are ridiculous, I could easily just say that the reason they scored 12 points was because it was a fine day good for scoring points while the reason you kept them to 0 was because it was in 'sh*tty wet conditions.'

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Oh and you let England score 14 points in average conditions while they only scored 10 against us in normal conditions so nah nah nah we win. Yay.

On a clear sunny day and still let them score 12 against you while we played in sh*tty wet conditions and kept the Kumuls to a big fat 0.

Keep hugging your WC mate, its gonna be another fruitless 4N for the Kiwis

lol excuses galore.

So you're saying we're going to lose the next 2 games then?

RedVee

First Grade
I agree that we should use "neutral" refs.
I agree that the reffing was terrible on those crucial decisions.

But, I was so disappointed with England, and the game - and I love Test match RL. Australia put the cue in the rack with about 20 to go or they may have reached 50.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Listen, we know we're sh*t.

2nd minute: Gallen moves off the mark but the referee gives a penalty against Ben Westwood Minor incident, dont recall it
4th minute: contentious one, Tate knocks on under pressure Tony Archer calls for a penalty try, video gives a penalty which I can live with Correct Decision made by video ref, what's your problem. Thats why he went to the video ref? Referees always ask questions when going up stairs, another non issue
5th minute: Luke Lewis scores a try from the pressuer created by Tony Archers decision against Ben Westwood We're going back now serveral minutes to complain about a fair try?
16th minute: Nate Myles rakes the ball out in at a two-on-one tackle with Thaiday while tackling Darrell Goulding Tony Archer gives a knock-on where it should have been a penalty to England.
18th minute: From the resulting scrum Luke Lewis scores for Australia, this follows a blatant knock-on by Cooper Cronk which Tony Archer and the video ref both miss Totally agree, shocking decision
21st minute: Earl Crabtree takes his first drive and David Shillington clearly has hold of his ponytail while making the tackle which results in a sloppy play the ball and James Roby knocks on. Should have been a penalty to England instead Australia gets a scrum. Roby had a mare and dropped it, nothing to do with Shillington
22nd minute: From the scrum Billy Slater scores a try the replay shows a double knock-on first from Tom Briscoe then from Brent Tate before Billy Slater touches down. Fair try, ball from tate when backwards
26th minute: Sam Tomkins is clearly tripped by Tom Learoyd Lahrs which happens right in front of Tony Archer but no penalty! Tomkins needs to hit the gym, lightweight who is to raw for international footy. Another non issue
27th minute: When England should be attacking from a penalty Australia now have possession and from this set of six Brent Tate scores a contentious try which the replays show the possibility of a right ankle being on the touchline and the probability that he bounced the ball. Show the possibility that it may have happened? Another non issue here, move along
29th minute: Tony Archer pulls an offside penalty from nowhere and England are again under pressure, the offside is no different than 90% of all the play the balls during a game
30th minute: following the penalty and during the resulting set of six Willie Tonga scores a try More non issues
35th minute: Tom Briscoe puts Leroy Cudjoe through a gap from a pass which is flat at worst, Cudjoe is in the clear and could potentially score but Tony Archer pulls them back for a forward pass It was a forward pass, heck even the muppet Hemmings agreed.

Half Time: the damage is done and Tony Archer can go back to the dressing room and assess what he needs to do in order to avoid questions about his impartiality.

46th minute: Australia score a try from a Luke Lewis pass to Cooper Cronk which is 2.5 m forward. Tony Archer and his officials failed to see it yet Tony Archer's last major involvement in the game was to halt an England move which could have resulted in a try for a forward pass that wasn't. The call there should have been made by the ENGLISH touch judge right next to the play.
48th minute:Tom Learoyd Lahrs clearly knocks on at the play the ball but Tony Archer sees a penalty to Australia
51st minute: David Shillington clearly impedes Shaun Lunt from an offside position but Tony Archer waves play on
57th minute: England under pressure having conceded two drop outs, from the second Nate Myles clearly knocks on at the play the ball but Tony Archer waves play on and England remain under pressure in defence
58 minute: having withstood the pressure Sam Burgess has the ball raked out by Paul Gallen in a three on one tackle Tony Archer gives Australia a scrum instead of an England penalty
59th minute: Pantomime time, Cameron Smith clearly taps the ball which is obviously against the wishes of Darren Lockyer and Tony Archer allows them to change their mind. Worse than that he then lectures James Graham for having the audacity as England captain to question what just happened. Smith should have been smashed, joke call but not impact on the game. probably saved 4 points on the board
65th minute: Another two on one strip this time on Joel Tomkins by Nate Myles and Anthony Watmough, should have been another England penalty yet Tony Archer gives Australian the scrum
70th minute: another contentious one, Shaun Lunt seems to have scored a try, the video ref passes it back to Tony Archer who instantly says no try. No evidence to suggest it ever touched the line, correct call from video ref to return to game referee.

It's a total joke. Everytime we come to your god forsaken country we play you in your own backyard, with an aussie ref and funnily enough every single 50/50 goes against us.

It'd be nice to see england play australia down under and get a fair go.

Maybe we'd lose by 10 instead of 20?

who knows, but quite frankly, you're a bunch of tossers.

LOL

You copped the wrong end of the stick on some of the calls, but your summary is just a complete joke, you should be sticking to the two main issues of cronk knocking it on, and the touchy missing the forward pass.

VonVolks

Juniors
it WAS a joke. I got up at 6 am to watch this, expecting an England loss, with a small chink of hope for a win.

However as soon as I saw Archer my heart sank....

Admittedly the Aussie plan of kick on 3rd and wait for England to drop it was genius, but Archers charity turned what could have been an exciting game into a beating, and ruined my morning.... Some rubbish and clearly rubbish decisions..... The RLIF HAVE to get neutrals in.

Even rubbish neutrals are better than rubbish biased (even if unwittingly so) officials....

deluded pom?

Coach
LOL

You copped the wrong end of the stick on some of the calls, but your summary is just a complete joke, you should be sticking to the two main issues of cronk knocking it on, and the touchy missing the forward pass.

46th minute. James Child (English TJ) was on the near touchline in the first half and is seen to wave away the "try" awarded to Brent Tate after Archer ignored him so I reckon he was on the far touchline when Lewis passed the ball forward about six feet away from Archer.

Latest posts