What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Jack Bird's best position?

What is Jack Bird's best position?

• Fullback

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Centre

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Five-eighth

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Second row

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Lock

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

Knight76

Juniors
The problem is the TPAs the clubs have 'nothing' to do with geberally.

I asssume it's 700k under the cap and $300k of TPAs. That way news ltd aren't technically lying when they say he signed for the $700

TPA's that are used to entice a player to sign, or are used to pay a player to play for a club, are counted under the cap.

So, he signed for 1 million. But only 700k will be counted I'm sure.

Eion

First Grade
Yep, of course I bet only 700k is counting under the cap. But we will never see any of this will we!

The NRL are happy with how things are and have no intention of fixing this crap!
We only got to see this glimpse because the sharks outed them after news published the 2.1 over 3 years crap. But it's ok, Todd has now sent an email around so there will no such recurrence .

txta2

Bench
$300k tpa for Bird is fricken huge. Come to think of it Wasn't it $300k that Went missing while Andrew Gee was around

Nightward

Juniors
Yeah but the conclusion was not. The reality is Brisbane have a massive advantage in terms of the pool they can draw from in their own backyard (i.e. Brisbane) compared to everyone else and especially the other two Qld teams.

Yeah, the Broncos have had such an advantage in recruitment that no other team has managed to draw on the area since their inception.

Oh, wait. The Titans, Cowboys, and Storm have all recruited heavily from the area you claim the Broncos "own," and the NSW-based teams have been able to find players from the region as well for juniors.

A generation ago what you're saying might have been defensible, when it was a case of playing for the Broncos if you wanted to stay in Queensland or having to go elsewhere to ply your trade. For most of this century there have been other viable options.

Nightward

Juniors
Honestly it mystifies me as to why the Broncos would even be going after him at all, we already have plenty of coverage for the positions Bird can play.

If they wanted to make a big-money offer for anyone they should have gone after a top-flight prop-forward, that's where we're lacking right now.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah, the Broncos have had such an advantage in recruitment that no other team has managed to draw on the area since their inception.

Oh, wait. The Titans, Cowboys, and Storm have all recruited heavily from the area you claim the Broncos "own," and the NSW-based teams have been able to find players from the region as well for juniors.

A generation ago what you're saying might have been defensible, when it was a case of playing for the Broncos if you wanted to stay in Queensland or having to go elsewhere to ply your trade. For most of this century there have been other viable options.

Geez u Donkeys are either backward or ignorant or arrogant. For the record I think it is all 3. What other team in the NRL;

- Is owned by a former majority stakeholder in the game who now owns a lot of the tv rights and has a massive influence in policy and;

- has the biggest junior nursery of all the nrl clubs at their disposal and,

- has more money ar its disposal as it is owned by a billionaire than any other club in the nrl and

- has the pick of the fixtures from a rehab point of view given their owners and their influence on the game and;

- has an historical ownership of premier branding in their state which admittedly they have tarnished in recent years and;

- an amarda of former players in media roles who wax lyrical about their system (Tallis exempted) and;

- seems to be able to find a TPA or two when needed. Forget the arms length shit.

Show me another club that has the above advantages or all that shit above is not factual to the Broncs and maybe I will believe u guys are hard done by on this forum...

I think we all lnow the truth but Broncs choose to be defensive and put their heads in the sand. Shame u cannot win with all those advantages....

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many jr clubs are broncos directly linked to out of interest? I'd have though parra or panthers would have had the biggest direct jr nursery link ups?

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Won't be surprising to see jack bird shafted to right centre, and James Roberts shafted out of the club

Pedge1971

First Grade
Geez u Donkeys are either backward or ignorant or arrogant. For the record I think it is all 3. What other team in the NRL;

- Is owned by a former majority stakeholder in the game who now owns a lot of the tv rights and has a massive influence in policy and;

- has more money ar its disposal as it is owned by a billionaire than any other club in the nrl and

- has the pick of the fixtures from a rehab point of view given their owners and their influence on the game and;

- has an historical ownership of premier branding in their state which admittedly they have tarnished in recent years and;

- an amarda of former players in media roles who wax lyrical about their system (Tallis exempted) and;

- seems to be able to find a TPA or two when needed. Forget the arms length shit.

Show me another club that has the above advantages or all that shit above is not factual to the Broncs and maybe I will believe u guys are hard done by on this forum...

I think we all lnow the truth but Broncs choose to be defensive and put their heads in the sand. Shame u cannot win with all those advantages....

Crickets............

Nightward

Juniors

Politis. Greenburg. Bozo Fulton. Titans owned by the NRL. I can go on.

If we give your argument any credence at all, the Warriors. However, Sydney teams like the Dragons and Roosters have long had access to a larger than usual pool to recruit from.

Irrelevant. Clubs like the Roosters have nearly 80 years on the Broncos and could have developed better income streams or sought richer owners, which would be easier for them to do in the business capital of Australia. Instead they opted for the pokie money, didn't tap into the market properly, and struggle now as a result.

Broncos get lumbered with many Friday night games over their repeated objections. The club wants more Saturday and Sunday games, especially Sunday games, because those draw larger crowds and are better for both the fans and finances because of it. Channel 9 keeps giving them the Friday slot because they rate well in both Queensland and NSW.

Dragons? Roosters?

Roosters and Knights have a large number as well. I remember times the Panthers were said to have had the largest number of young players affiliated with their Juniors, something that didn't noticeably help their cause at the time. The Johns brothers, Fittler, and Gould are more prominent and influential in that regard too. The player who criticises their club in the media is pretty rare too.

Every club. Again the Roosters do well here.

The truth is that Origin is very disruptive and the Broncos, as first the only club in the state and later the most stable club in the state, provide a large number of players and that has an effect on annual runs at the Premiership. The truth is that winning the Premiership is *hard* due to factors completely out of the control of any club, and even the Melbourne Storm with four of the best players to ever take the field and a massive, co-ordinated attempt to rort the system were still unable to get the results they really should have.

But hey, it's all a conspiracy by the Broncos to keep the NSW clubs down, they clearly have more influence over the NRL than the staff at HQ who are largely from NSW in general and Sydney clubs in particular. That makes perfect sense.

Canard

Immortal
How many jr clubs are broncos directly linked to out of interest? I'd have though parra or panthers would have had the biggest direct jr nursery link ups?

QLD NRL clubs don't operate under the archaic NSW geo based system, so it's not directly comparable.

MilkShark

First Grade

Exactly.

Which is why every year the Broncos don't win the premiership, they have underachieved.