What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Jack Bird's best position?

What is Jack Bird's best position?

• Fullback

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Centre

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Five-eighth

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Second row

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Lock

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

gitano

Juniors
He reminds me of me when I went round. Versatile and strong. I still don't know what position I was lol. In the end I played five eighth but hit like a prop.
Birds a good buy.

Knight76

Juniors
Most of the talent from the Broncos has been produced by them. The notion of "Broncos raiding talent from other clubs" does not stack up considering they have more talent that is produced from their own backyard then other clubs have around the league.

Also as posted earlier Broncos matched the Eels offer for Corey Norman, but then the Eels topped their offer to Norman by $50 000 and the Broncos didn't have room to go any further. If Broncos lose a player "Broncos didn't know what they had" and if Broncos sign a player "Broncos don't have a salary cap" can't have it both ways.

Whats the backyard you talk about? QLD?

Hmm, so your illustrating cap fairness by pointing out your salary cap bending team, was outbid by a proven salary cap cheating team. Righto, seems a legit point to me. :D:D:D

Nightward

Juniors
Lets not mention that not only do they have money but the entire Brisbane metro junior league talent pool to themselves. This is not through sound management but through a backroom deal done post Super League.

I see this comes up a lot around here.

You NSWers are aware that Queensland has roughly the same population as Sydney, right?

The player pool the Broncos theoretically have access to according to this is therefore roughly the same size as the Sydney teams have each.

Clifferd

Coach
He reminds me of me when I went round. Versatile and strong. I still don't know what position I was lol. In the end I played five eighth but hit like a prop.
Birds a good buy.

Birds probably the best all round player in the game. Not to mention tough as guts and strong. You put him in virtually any position and he'll look good simply put

Eion

First Grade

You NSWers are aware that Queensland has roughly the same population as Sydney, right?

The player pool the Broncos theoretically have access to according to this is therefore roughly the same size as the Sydney teams have each.
Nup you've lost me

Eion

First Grade
Time the nrl released salaries and tpa details so the stakeholders of the game can see wtf is going on.
This is such a no brainer that it can only be deliberate by the nrl.

The Broncos were trying to pretend bird went for $700k a year for 3 years for the honour of playing for Wayne and the smh and sharks outed them at $1m over 4.

Knightmare

Coach
Players just really, really, really want to play for Uncle Wayne.

The sweet deals on new cars, modern inner-city apartments, speedboats and paper bags that somebody has clumsily left wads of 100's in are all just a massive bonus...

Players just really, really, really want to play for Uncle Wayne.

The sweet deals on new cars, modern inner-city apartments, speedboats and paper bags that somebody has clumsily left wads of 100's in are all just a massive bonus...

Wait is it 1m under the cap plus TPA's or do the TPA's add up to 1m?

Pedge1971

First Grade

Check your facts champ. As at June 2016 Sydney had just over twice as many people as Brisbane. (5m vs 2.3m). Being generous I will exclude Penritg and Saints from the list of Sydney clubs as it can be argued they draw from a different population.

Where does that leave your argument?

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade

Brisbane population is 2 mil, so luckily Syd has a population of 18 mil to service the 9 clubs

Pedge1971

First Grade
He said Queensland. The statement was correct.

Yeah but the conclusion was not. The reality is Brisbane have a massive advantage in terms of the pool they can draw from in their own backyard (i.e. Brisbane) compared to everyone else and especially the other two Qld teams.

Knight76

Juniors
Yep, of course I bet only 700k is counting under the cap. But we will never see any of this will we!

The NRL are happy with how things are and have no intention of fixing this crap!

Latest posts