What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is more important? World Club Challenge or Charity Shield?

BunniesMan

Immortal
IS this sh*t still going on?
Why the f**k don't Wigan want to come over here?
Every f**king year an Australian team has to go over there, for f**ks sake be a bit fair and start doing it year in year out as far as location goes.

I still maintain my earlier opinion though and hope that Saints send a f**king 3rd grade team out to play as it is f**king pointless.
Both sides wont have teams resembling their GF teams, for Saints Saffy, Costigan and Smith will be gone, Weyman probably wont play and that's a kind estimate.
For Wigan, Riddell will be gone and Richards injured himself in the GF didn't he?

The Poms win it most of the time anyway, for a variety of reasons
1) It is usually the australian team that has to go over there
2) Look at Newcastle's 2001 premiership team, the one that went over to play in the WCC didn't look a f**king thing like it
3) Ditto Penrith, 2003
4) Ditto, most other teams that have trudged over for it
They say they don't want to travel over in the middle of their season because they're too precious.

Do you actually believe your own tripe?
Well your CEO agrees with my "tripe" so it's not very tripey.

They say they don't want to travel over in the middle of their season because they're too precious.

Well your CEO agrees with my "tripe" so it's not very tripey.

You sound a bit like that other Souffs bone smoker, Dave Q.

WCC >>>>>> Charity Shield.

If you honestly believe otherwise, you are an idiot.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You sound a bit like that other Souffs bone smoker, Dave Q.

WCC >>>>>> Charity Shield.

If you honestly believe otherwise, you are an idiot.
Doust said there was no way the Dragons would abandon a 28-year tradition to play in the WCC.
Your own CEO doesn't believe "WCC >>>>>>>>>>> Charity shield". I happen to agree with him.

WCC is a nice in theory, but stupid in reality idea. ESL is an inferior league, and the only reason they win so much is because they don't have to get on a bloody plane for 24 hours in their offseason to play. If the poms gave a damn about making the WCC a legit part of the footy world they'd agree to playing it down here every second year. Why should we keep on making the trek over there when they refuse to do the same?

big country

Juniors
Your own CEO doesn't believe "WCC >>>>>>>>>>> Charity shield". I happen to agree with him.

WCC is a nice in theory, but stupid in reality idea. ESL is an inferior league, and the only reason they win so much is because they don't have to get on a bloody plane for 24 hours in their offseason to play. If the poms gave a damn about making the WCC a legit part of the footy world they'd agree to playing it down here every second year. Why should we keep on making the trek over there when they refuse to do the same?

Absolutely!! the poms must be laughing their heads off that we bother to make the 24k round trip each year like fools with nothing better to do and then play in front of 15k who couldnt give a rats who wins - no wonder doust has cottoned on - spend $100k to play a game overseas that no one cares about or stay at home and make $100k for charity and play the Pride of the League - yeah my estimation of him has increased somewhat:)

Ulysseus

Bench
Why should we keep on making the trek over there when they refuse to do the same?

This is probably one of the few times I will ever agree with you.
They want a legitimate challenge, fine, lets either do it year in year out at each country or go somewhere neutral to both teams and make it an exhibition game of sorts in another country to raise the profile of the game.

Do it no more than 3 weeks after the grand final of both teams and make sure (barring injuries) that all players that laced up for the GF are playing in the WCC.
Then we will get a true gauge for it.
This constant sh*t about trudging to their sh*t hole f**king country year after year is a pain in the f**king arse.

It's lip service for you Souffs losers, and you're spooning it up.

As if the Dragons are honestly going to choose to play Souths over the WCC.

So the ESL is an inferior league so we should play the "all conquering" spazzoids from 50uffs, who can't even make the finals?

Your inflated view on your team is embarrassing.

Show a bit of dignity and get over your self.

BunniesMan

Immortal

So the ESL is an inferior league so we should play the "all conquering" spazzoids from 50uffs, who can't even make the finals?

And what are you going to say if it gets to the point where the Dragons have to choose one or the other and they choose charity shield?

big country

Juniors

if you dont like it then eff off and play the poms, see if we give a sh*t - we'll just play the rooters or someone else in the Shield - like we made your CEO say he would never abandon the Shield match against the Pride of the League - F*uck me you got a real complex!! :lol:

Pride of the League. :lol:

Please.

Talk about a complex, you jokers keep making up these self-important tag lines to remind people that you won a few premierships while the Harbour Bridge was being built.

As for if we chose to play the Charity Shield over the WCC, as mentioned I believe this to be highly unlikely.

I'll leave the hypotheticals to you 50uffs fans. You seem to be enjoying yourself in fantasy land.

You Souths fans really do need to stop sniffing you own farts.

big country

Juniors

Please.

Talk about a complex, you jokers keep making up these self-important tag lines to remind people that you won a few premierships while the Harbour Bridge was being built.

As for if we chose to play the Charity Shield over the WCC, as mentioned I believe this to be highly unlikely.

I'll leave the hypotheticals to you 50uffs fans. You seem to be enjoying yourself in fantasy land.

lol, well when you guys win another 20 premierships and overtake us you'll rightfully have the title of Pride of the League - anyway, since when were you the CEO of STGI? He has already given his opinion that the Shield is more important so we dont need your 10cents worth ;-)

Well seeing as your CEO has said that's exactly what will happen if it comes to it. It seems like you're the one in fantasy land.

Yeah, and GI wants to play for the Broncos cos his missus has a job there and he's a born and bred Queenslander.

I've got this awesome ponzi scheme you would be interested in, I'll pm it to you.

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Before moving into rugby league administration, Peter Doust successfully administered a number of private hospitals. It's clear that his vast hospital experience has come to the fore here. He knows that when dealing with frail, infirm "patients" like Souffs, it is important that they keep their spritis up at all times, and maintain even the slightest measure of hope right up until the death knell sounds. This compassion is admirable, and should hopefully help Souffs fans cope when the inevitable happens, and their precious grand final is pronounced dead and completely irrelevant. Probably in a couple weeks time.

Rexxy

Coach
Pide of the league more like. If 50ouffs cant field a full squad including their star recruit, they clearly aren't serious and ST George should play some other jokers, like Sydney City or Penrith. It doesn't matter who, we're the flavour of the month.

Please.