What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your family heritage

What nationality is your Family Heritage?

• British

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • African

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Asian (China, Korea etc)

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Middle Eastern (Lebanese, Egyptian etc)

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Other (please specify in post)

Votes: 37 35.6%

• Total voters

kooriguy

Juniors
since people are puting details in i thought i would elaborate.

on mums side:
grandad japanese hailed from WA where the family were pearl divers, and were here late 1800's but moved to sydney after they were released from detention after WWII (pop didnt speak a word of japanese he was as aussie as anyone).
nan is a kamilaroi (Aboriginal) from northern NSW around Tingha and moved to Sydney after she was released from her service as a house servent at 17.

on dads side:
pop was irish born and raised in belfast but the family moved here to dubbo when he 13 to escape the catholics and all those politics.
nan was wiradjuri (Aboriginal) and was born and raised in dubbo and met my pop and married him when she was 15 and they both moved to sydney.

RABK

Referee
English/Irish - Forgotten what generation i am but i am told my descendants arrived with the first fleet.

Going back further i am mostly Scandinavian. Viking warriors. ;-)

thomo

Juniors
Mum and Dad are both second generation Dragons but I am first generation Rabbitoh.

Ok, Dad's side Irish/Welsh/Spanish/?(unspoken history on Dad's Dad's side). Mum's side Irish/Swiss.

phonetic

Juniors
Was there a simlar post to this not long ago?

Mums from Northamptonshire, England.. came out here in the 70s. Her Mum was scottish, her dad British.
Dad is born and bred Australian of Irish heritage.

Redback71

First Grade
dad was born in malta came over when he was 20, mum was born in qld but her father was born in malta and came over when he was 19 and my mums mum is from italy.

so i supose im 2 parts malteese and 1 part italian and 1 part aussie

bobmar28

Bench
I seem to have arrived a bit late for this survey but I'm of anglo celtic origin (english Irish)

If you believe the so called evolution scientists everyone should have "ticked" Africa as their family heritage.

I am Soviet Union Born as are all relatives on both sides and they have always lived in the Soviet Union even way before the 2 unsuccessful invasions of Russia by the criminal germanic knights in the 1200's.

Ari Gold

Bench
Italian from both sides, visit the place every few years.

Quite amazing the amount of Italian heritage players we've seen in the NRL in the past 10 years... A Minichello, M Minichello, Laffranchi, Grimaldi, Rovelli, Davico, Rigon, Donato, Florimo, Salvatore, Russo, Dezolt, Trimarchi, Bulgarelli, Franze, Campese, Penna, Corvo, Schifilliti, Dallalana