What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn

First Grade
Chronicles.

Its a bit like Superman gone wrong. Spent half the film trying to figure out where I had seen Dane Dehaan before - then it hit me - Beyond the Pines...

next movie I watched - Amazing Spiderman 2 - and again Dehaan was in it!!!!

The guy always plays the black sheep kid with problems.....

Parra

Referee
The Railway Man

Moving story. Great acting. Seemed a little slow-paced in sections - maybe that is to be expected given the subject and the role of the main character played by Colin Firth. An intriguing look at the life of a soldier involved in the fall of Singapore and the Burma Railway. No spoilers - but this movie builds tension very well and it is based on a true story.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Lego movie- found it pretty boring tbh, couple of funny one liners in there and the special effects were cool to watch but overall didn't understand the hype.

Obviously it's a kids movie but the little boy in me was saying 'what the f*ck is going on?'

axl rose

Bench
The Railway Man

Moving story. Great acting. Seemed a little slow-paced in sections - maybe that is to be expected given the subject and the role of the main character played by Colin Firth. An intriguing look at the life of a soldier involved in the fall of Singapore and the Burma Railway. No spoilers - but this movie builds tension very well and it is based on a true story.

Only made it 15 minutes in. Will give it another go.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Flight of the navigator. One from the childhood. Forgot some of the details of it, like how the beginning is basically where that new show, Resurrection, got its premise from. A good movie still.

Aragorn

First Grade
Meaning you didn't like it?

I found it to be the best 'found footage' movie I've seen so far.
Wasn't supposed to be anything like Superman

it was pretty good.

Got a little crazy at the end when they were leaping the tall buildings in a single bound..... it's a bird.... its a plane... not wait, its....two teenagers with superpowers!

Aragorn

First Grade
The Machine - got a high rating in rotten tomatoes... not sure why.... found it a borefest.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
finally saw bad grandpa, similar to experience to Bruno/borat. Pissing myself laughing at some points, cringing for the rest

Aragorn

First Grade
just finished watching Non-stop.

Pretty exciting until the ending when you found out who did it and why. Plain stupid if you ask me.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night (free ticket via cinema's Facebook page, yeahboy) - I rather enjoyed it even though I have absolutely no idea who most of the characters/worlds/story arcs etc are due to not being a comicbook nerd hah.

The action was quite cool, but the highlight for me was the comedy, plenty of laugh out loud moments throughout. The Rocket/Groot pairing in particular is awesome. Big ups to Batista as well, had no idea his character would be as talkative as he was, and it was pretty funny as a result.

There is a post-credits scene as you'd expect, but it was more "uh, that was random" than "ooooooh that was cool".

WaznTheGreat

Referee
3 days to kill

Really enjoyed it,Kevin Costner still got it,Amber Heard is a hot little bitch,this movie got awful reviews for some reason

8 Wazns out of 10

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Bad Grandpa- I am an unabashed Jackass fan, but this was just hard to watch. Pretty much Johnny Knoxville as an 80 year old pervert for two hours. The young kid has some talent though played his role well.

Runner Runner- Stick to singing JT

Status
Not open for further replies.