What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanG

Coach
how was it ian.

looks pretty decent graphic wise from the outside, no idea about the generic story line

Yeah it was good. The generic storyline was that earth is being invaded my an alien invasion and it's up to the armed forces of the world to stop them. They're after the earth's resources particularly water.

skeepe

Immortal
4.3.2.1 - Not bad. Been done before, but enjoyable.

A Lot Like Love - A lot like crap more like. Avoid.

Adaptation - Absolutely brilliant. Nic Cage is fantastic, as is Meryl Streep (as always).

Adventureland - I really liked it. Not usually my sort of movie, but very enjoyable and never boring.

The African Queen - A classic. They don't make them like Bogie or Hepburn anymore.

The Air I Breathe - Not too bad. Surprising in many ways, for example it was a complete surprise that Sarah Michelle Gellar was in a movie that was any good.

Airheads - Looks a little dated this days, but still an absolute riot.

Big Pete

Referee
Youth In Revolt - Never been a fan of Cera's movies but this was one of his better films. Very stylish offbeat romantic comedy about a guy who develops a foreign assertive alter ego to woo his kooky love interest. The story wasn't too meaty and some scenes just feel forced in there but otherwise it has an enjoyable cast, a few chuckles and most importantly Rooney Mara in a two piece.

Guys anything parent friendly(I and my girl late 20's parents around 50-60'sh) they are reasonably conservative, hardcore killing out, they dont mind decent scenes or non lubby dubby comedy and tits are a no no?

Want to take them to the movies as they are country bumpkins and havent been in years.

skeepe

Immortal
Youth In Revolt - Never been a fan of Cera's movies but this was one of his better films. Very stylish offbeat romantic comedy about a guy who develops a foreign assertive alter ego to woo his kooky love interest. The story wasn't too meaty and some scenes just feel forced in there but otherwise it has an enjoyable cast, a few chuckles and most importantly Rooney Mara in a two piece.

I quite enjoyed that movie too, although I generally like Michael Cera's movies. Sure he plays the same guy in everything he's in, but there's something about that guy that I can identify with in many ways.

perverse

Referee
I quite enjoyed that movie too, although I generally like Michael Cera's movies. Sure he plays the same guy in everything he's in, but there's something about that guy that I can identify with in many ways.
i rate Cera, too. as you said, he's only really good for 1 character, but it's a very relatable, neurotic, funny and likable character. i love his work... but it will be interesting to see if he can ever break the typecasting.

RedVDave

First Grade
Watched Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrells for the first time in years still as good as ever.

simmo1

First Grade
Animal Kingdom - Top quality movie. In the top few Australian movies I've seen.

Buried - I didn't have very high expectations for this, but it turned out to be OK (but still overhyped imo),

IanG

Coach
Got round to watching my copy of Kentucky Fried Movie.

Also had my customary screening of Life of Brian as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts