What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limitless - the worst movie I've seen in the last 5 years, worse than Tron Legacy and Wall Street 2

Lincoln Lawyer - good but it dragged on a bit

Arthur - better than I expected but still not that great, 5.5/10

Bulldog Force

Referee
Skyline-2010-Movie-Poster.jpg

Saw this movie last night. It was ok, but sadly, not as good as I thought it was going to be considering it was at the IMAX in 3D and brought in $11,000,000+ at it's opening weekend in the box office. The majority of the movie was good though, you can say an action/thriller. The ending was pretty weird though as it was inconclusive to most movies you could associate it with.

Faster_14.jpg

This Dwayne Johnson movie has been over-shadowed by his Fast and Furious 5 role, however the movie contains a similar name (The US version of F&F5 is called "Fast Five"). He plays a bank robber out to get vengeance on a group of mercenaries whom killed all of his partners (including his brother), and thought to have killed him too. He is paroled from prison after serving his sentence and wastes no time in getting hell-bent revenge. Whilst on this mission, a police officer takes this case on board and tries his very best to bring "Driver" (Dwayne Johnson) down, whilst at the same time Driver has to deal with an Assassin hired to take him down. But as the movie goes on, we find out that all is not what it seems, and we find out why the police officer and the Assassin really want driver taken down.

Chook Norris

First Grade
from an entertainment point of view, Fast Five was thoroughly enjoyable with all the usual ingredients which made its previous movies so well liked amongst teens~. So it very much did its job!

Red Bear

Referee
Watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 the other day, quite enjoyed it, although it started a bit poorly quite enjoyed the second half or so.

Nothing outstanding but decent

beave

Coach
Black Swan.................... meh.

The Mila Kunis scene (you know the one) was the only saving bit in the whole film for me..................

Big Pete

Referee
Gentlemen Broncos

From the creator of Napoleon Dynamite but unlike his 2004 hit I thought Broncos succeeded in being both creaitive and quirky while retaining sympathetic qualities. Rockwell alone made this film for me.

user_nat

Coach
Saw Thor last night. Meh/5.

Better than I was expecting, wasn't bad or anything. Just not a must see movie or anything.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Fast Five. Here's a bit of perspective for you guys. It's opening weekend took $83,630,000 at the box office. That's #27 on the all time list. Pretty impressive. Easily surpasses all over movies in the series, and every movie released (so far) this year. It's the only movie I am considering going back to the cinemas to see. Pretty damn good.

LESStar58

Referee
Recently watched "Wyatt Earp" and "Tombstone" back to back. Am yet to commit which one is better (they are both great films in their own right) but Russell was a better Earp than Costner.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Watched fast five last tuesday, for a movie i had really no expectations, it was awesome pretty much on par with the first one if not better

enemy at the gates.

a poorly executed story of a russian soldier in stalingrad who had the accuracy of luke skywalker.

the russians all have english accents. they dont even put in the efford to do the russian accent.

the germans..im not sure what they were speaking. but ed harris just spoke as ed harris.

could have been a good movie. but the accents were so off putting. this movie would have been excellent with subtitles and legit dialogue as the story is quite compelling. you want this guy to shoot gerrys as..well. they were shitmerkins

911 loose change

the us gvt conspires to create a "pearl harbour" style incident to fast track a national and global military measure to keep america on top into the future with a war on terrorism.
the us crash something into the pentagon with something that isnt a 737.
they also take out the twin towers with 737's and controlled detonation of the buildings.
they also crash something into the ground in pennsylvania whilst the flight that they claim crash is landed in cleveland.
then its revealed that the twin towers had a bunch of gold under em...and that antagonists bush, cheyney..wolfowitz were all after it...

and they wanted oil....and to keep india and china in check by controlling the oil...

whatever. the pentagon stuff is very interesting as it plain just dosnt look like what they said happened happened.
but i dare say the US wouldnt be able to pull this off without a leak.

and also, this was a government that went to war on "wmd's" but then didnt have the common sense to plant any when they got there. theres no way that they could pull such a plan off. and its pretty offensive to suggest it to be honest.

but the pentagon stuff is suss. just sayin.

narrated by some nerd.

4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts