What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
Scott Pilgrim is a weird film.

The story and acting is truly sub-par but the editing is some of the slickest I've seen in a movie in a long time.

roboshark

Coach
Hangover 3

things are crook when the funniest moment in the entire film occurs when the credits are rolling at the end, and even then it's the same basic joke underlying the 2 previous films of the series.

I must admit I really enjoyed this movie. Much better than the second

jargan83

Coach
I saw the Hangover 3 last weekend and didn't mind it

Agree with Roboshark, it was much better then the second one

Red Bear

Referee
Scott Pilgrim is a weird film.

The story and acting is truly sub-par but the editing is some of the slickest I've seen in a movie in a long time.
Poor acting sort of suited the film

I found parts of it enjoyable (the vegan bit was funny) but alot was also poor.

Also weird seeing aubery plaza/mae whitman in roles that arent April/Egg

Misanthrope

Staff member
The missus and I watched Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of the King (extended, in all cases) over the last three days.

Still a bloody enjoyable series of films, although the extended ROTK does bloat to an indulgent level. The first two are boosted by the added material, but the last was already overlong.

Big Pete

Referee
Poor acting sort of suited the film

I found parts of it enjoyable (the vegan bit was funny) but alot was also poor.

Also weird seeing aubery plaza/mae whitman in roles that arent April/Egg

It suited the tone for the first half but after the Vegan fight the narrative reaches the conflict stage of the story and it exposes how weak certain elements of the film are. I really didn't care to see Cera, I mean Pilgrim win back his trophy girlfriend.

Have you seen either Plaza or Whitman in anything else? I thought they were type-cast going by Funny People (Plaza) & The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Whitman).

Speaking of, the latter is up there as one of my most underrated of 2012. Worth a watch.

Big Pete

Referee
Pain and Gain - A surprisingly good movie. It wasn't sophisticated film making by any means, but it told it's story in a fun way and was a very easy watch. Mind you, apart of the attraction may have been the similarities this film shared with Boogie Nights, which is one of my favourite films of all time.

MKEB...

Staff member
Star Trek - Into darkness. Awesome.

As soon as I heard, the words "genetic Super-race" I knew it was Kahn. I reckon JJ Abrams has done an awesome Job.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just re-watched The Hobbit. Enjoyable if not overlong. It's geek to say it, but it feels like coming home to be 'back' in Middle Earth.

Just wish it had been streamlined a bit. There are a few needlessly long sequences.

Springs

First Grade
Lately watched The Departed, The Thing, The Fly and Halloween.

All quite good. Excellent special effects in The Thing and The Fly. No way can CGI live up to that.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saw Man of Steel tonight. Lots of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Enjoyable set pieces, a great prologue, good performance from Crowe, and Cavill is suitably heroic; but the plot is light, the dialogue lighter, and the last 40% of the movie is mostly explosions and people being thrown around.

5.5/10

natheel

Coach
World war z

not bad

haven't read the books though so those who have may have a different opinion but I enjoyed it

Bulldog Force

Referee
Solid and entertaining... 7/10

movies-fast-and-furious-6-poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.