What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Hobbit DOS just makes me want to see the last one right now. Same feeling I had when watching the 1st.
When I watched LOTR movies when they were released, I wanted to watch THAT movie again after having seen them for the 1st time.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just watched Desolation of Smaug. Definitely a step up from the first movie. The world feels lived in and that's good.

7/10

Zoidberg

First Grade
Pay It Forward.

I remember when this came out I thought it looked ok. Never got around to seeing it and heard (on the net) it wasn't very good. Finally saw it and thought it was quite good. 7/10

Howie

Juniors
1. 2 Guns - Mark Wahlberg & Denzel Washington

Set around the mexican border with CIA, DEA, Military and mexican drug cartels fighting it out with the 2 heros. Some cool cars ......I like Mexico

8/10

2. Bad Grandpa - Jackass Johnny Knoxville

Not a huge fan of the jackass group, though large bits of this movie had me cracking up.

7/10

3. American Hustle - Christian Bale

Storyline had potential...got a bit bogged down for me. Slightly disappointed

6/10

4. Ted - Mark Wahlberg, Peter Griffin

Funny shit ...... I liked it! Reminded me of Wilfred. Dogs, bears ...any random animal smoking cones, is always good for a laugh. :)

8/10

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Watched Runner Runner last night. Not too bad to be honest. Thought the story line was quite entertaining and Ben Affleck was a pretty good choice for his role.

Game_Breaker

Coach
American Hustle - Great performances, interesting characters. I was expecting more from the reviews it got, but it fell short for me. The plot could have been better, and ultimately that's what stopped it being great. I liked the surprise cameo. Still a good entertaining movie

Saving Mr. Banks - Surprisingly a good movie. The thought of a Disney film telling the story of how Walt trying hard to convince the author of Mary Poppins to turn her book into a film was vomit inducing, but it actually turned out great. Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson and Colin Farrell were all brilliant. You learn a lot about the inspiration for Mary Poppins and it's strong Australian roots which I had not idea about. My gut feeling was Walt Disney was a little more conniving in trying to get the rights for the film, but it is a Disney production so you expected a sugar coated Walt Disney character.

Springs

First Grade
Anchorman 2 - just dumb. All the jokes just consisted of yelling, stupid noises/words (saying 'I'm blind' over and over) and regurgitated jokes from the original.

4.5/10

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
American Hustle - a great movie but at times to me it seemed it dragged on and the ending seemed rather rushed.

Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were brilliant

Springs

First Grade
Princess Mononoke - pretty damn good. Got better as it went on but still not quite as good as Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totorro or Grave of the Fireflies.

7.5/10

American Hustle. Good movie that was slow to start but Picked up in the middle towards the end. Pretty much all of the main cast nailed their role. Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence especially impressed. I hated Bradley Cooper's character too f**k him.

Jennifer Lawrence is hot as f**k in this film

MKEB...

Staff member
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

average=not great, semi enjoyable and some great scenery

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
American Hustle. Good movie that was slow to start but Picked up in the middle towards the end. Pretty much all of the main cast nailed their role. Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence especially impressed. I hated Bradley Cooper's character too f**k him.

Jennifer Lawrence is hot as f**k in this film
that scene (i think her first) when she takes her top off and has that thin white singlet thingy on.....

and when she's in that white evening dress....

thank christ she wasn't wearing too many of Amy Adams costumes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts