What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Storm13

Juniors
Just watched The Shining for the first time. Great movie even though it has the worse actress ever.

Incorrect

Coach
Just watched The Shining for the first time. Great movie even though it has the worse actress ever.
I watched it just last week for the first time in ages... How good is Jack Nicholson in it? Even when he's being nice he goves you the creeps.... Fantastic performance

Wizardman

First Grade
Just watched Million dollar baby for this first time since 2004 when I saw in the cinema.

Utterly, utterly depressing at the climax but Freeman is amazing and Eastwood is brilliant on both sides of the camera. And I admire Swank for how she would have prepared for it given that the fight scenes are very, veru well done.

I will have to revist unforgiven and gran turino in the not too distant future.
Gee, Eastwood has done some great stuff late in his career. While he is not the most versatile actor in the world (I love him anyway), the quality of his late productions cannot be disputed.

Wizardman

First Grade
As for all time best villains, Hackman's role in "Unforgiven" always seems to be missed. Brilliant, menacing performance

LESStar58

Referee
Gee, Eastwood has done some great stuff late in his career. While he is not the most versatile actor in the world (I love him anyway), the quality of his late productions cannot be disputed.

His character arc in Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino are waaaaaaaay too similar but they are both ripper films!

Storm13

Juniors
I watched it just last week for the first time in ages... How good is Jack Nicholson in it? Even when he's being nice he goves you the creeps.... Fantastic performance
Yeah he was so good. Loved the scence where Wendy is swigging the bat at him going up the stairs. Now I know why King hates this movie.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Is that because she has a head like a horse? You are talking about Shelley Duvall?

The worst actress in my opinion is Gwyneth Paltry. A bag of bones.

How could you throw one up that thing and when it's all over, say to her, "I love you Gwyneth"?

Sounds like she was born in the 19th century!

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
cannibal holocaust - just about what I expected

the hamiltons - not a bad unknown horror flick, never fully know what's going in until the ending

I watched Logan. It was between that and the Kong movie and it wasn't too bad.

3/5. Watchable.

I've only seen a handful of Marvel movies and I'm not sure if I was missing something. I know it wouldn't be massive but maybe some nuances.

Didn't realise it was rated R til the Professor started dropping F bombs and Ol Wolfy started forking baddies in the face.

Wizardman

First Grade
I went to watch "Get Out" tonight. I admit that I looked at the promos for it and thought it would be shit. It is actually the most original movie I have seen in a long time. Very good and highly recommended.

Wizardman

First Grade
I didn't notice it at all in the trailer.....I totally underestimated how good it would be...hopefully the movie gets good box office

axl rose

Bench
Get Out :thumbsup: takes a bit to get going, but worth it.

Shit they give away everything in the trailer, PJ is right. Lucky i missed it.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Margin Call - 8.5/10, one of the better stock market crash / yuppie culture movies. It's all dialogue and acting and it's seriously good.

PJ

First Grade
Sausage Party. What you would expect from Rogen, Hill etc.

Girl with All the Gifts. Pretty similar to what I would expect a Last of US film adaptation would be.

Latest posts