What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Parra

Referee
Margin Call - 8.5/10, one of the better stock market crash / yuppie culture movies. It's all dialogue and acting and it's seriously good.

The Big Short was great. I see Margin Call in comparisons - will give it a watch

PJ

First Grade
Margin Call is a bit heavier and doesn't have Margot Robbie in a bath, so even though both are very good Big Short is better

axl rose

Bench
The Fate of the Furious. First one in the series ive seen, seems I wasn't missing much.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Split - 8/10. Wow that was different. Should have flopped and died at even the thought of the concept, but the direction and incredible performance from McAvoy sells the daftness. It's a pity Shyamalan insists on writing his own stories, they rarely stick and when they don't the crash is spectacular. The man can direct though, if given solid material he can potentially do wonders.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought Guardians 2 was more of the same, which is really cool given the original maybe the most enjoyable film to come out of the Marvel renaissance.

Even if you ignore the interesting characters and enjoyable action set pieces, the films can almost be grouped alongside movies like Heavy Metal for the OST and psychedelic visuals.

Wizardman

First Grade
I saw "Alien: Covenant". I simply could not get into it. It was surprisingly boring and the characters were pretty bland. Ridley Scott is normally so reliable but he has made a lemon here.

I will get laughed at here, but "Life" was soooo much better....and that had some weaknesses, although it was very good. The main weakness of "Life" was funny enough the characters.

2 out of 5 for me. Time the Alien franchise faces the same fate as the Terminator one.

Pugzley

Loved GOTG2, can't directly compare it to the first one, they're different beasts.
I thought Guardians 2 was more of the same, which is really cool given the original maybe the most enjoyable film to come out of the Marvel renaissance.

Even if you ignore the interesting characters and enjoyable action set pieces, the films can almost be grouped alongside movies like Heavy Metal for the OST and psychedelic visuals.

I like their soundtracks. What was it this time? The 80's

Generalzod

Immortal
I saw "Alien: Covenant". I simply could not get into it. It was surprisingly boring and the characters were pretty bland. Ridley Scott is normally so reliable but he has made a lemon here.

I will get laughed at here, but "Life" was soooo much better....and that had some weaknesses, although it was very good. The main weakness of "Life" was funny enough the characters.

2 out of 5 for me. Time the Alien franchise faces the same fate as the Terminator one.

There are still questions that need to be answered If David created the xenomorph that was introduce in the first Alien Film, than what was the Mural found depicting homeage to the Xenomorph in prometheus:

7691786250_9a8f27a6ed_b.jpg

The events on prometheus happened in LV223, the Events of Alien happened in LV426 when the Nostromo arrived.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
I like their soundtracks. What was it this time? The 80's

More 70s style pop/soft rock, it's just set to more extravagant locales and intense set pieces.

I haven't been able to get Silver's 'Wham Bam' out of my head since leaving the theatres.

elyod138

Bench

Aesthetically it was more of the same but I think thematically it was heavier and more personal. The main characters were already established so there was room for a lot more interpersonal drama in this one than the first.

Wizardman

First Grade
Get out....very very very good

Yep, it is a bloody shame that it probably won't do well here and people will flock to see the more high profile releases out at the moment. Only movie I've seen that I'd give five stars this year....original and brilliant!!!

Latest posts