What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Ford v Ferrari. Went and saw this after work last night. A very entertaining film with Matt Damon, Christian Bale and Josh Lucas giving some great performances. The story is gripping due to its historical setting, and how Carroll Shelby (played by Damon) and Ken Miles (played by Bale) wind up developing a Ford that can beat Ferrari at the Le Mans 24 hour race in the 1960s despite the bureaucratic interference from the suits at Ford which are lead by Senior Exec VP Leo Beebe (played by Lucas).

Has enough racing action, combined with good character moments, that you don't need to be a rev head to enjoy this movie.

I'd give it an 8/10.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I go slowly about to watch the Joker. I get handed stuff from my adult children.

The hype is good.

Generalzod

Immortal
p11301_v_v8_ab.jpg

Monster Squad (1987)

Not quite as good as I remembered. A Shane Black script for a Goonies-lite adventure with Paramount's classic horror characters - Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, The mummy and Swamp Thing.

Hokey dated fx, almost no character or plot development - things just happen. Likable enough cast but neither scary or funny tbh.

King hit

Coach
Christmas tradition to watch Home alone. Such a classic movie that will never get old.

Can’t believe one of my mates had never seen it, I made him watch the first one a few weeks ago and he loved it.

Jack Deth

Juniors
New Star Wars movie last night and i thought it was terrible only slightly better than the bag of shiite The Last Jedi.

It seemed to be parts of episodes 4, 5 and 6 stitched together.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Saw Knives Out last night, an enjoyable old-fashioned whodunit that doesn't take itself too seriously and has a great cast. A few annoyances though:

- A big deal is made out of the nurse being 'a good nurse' but yet after thinking she vastly overdosed the grandfather on morphine he's still completely lucid after 5 minutes and is supposed to be dead in 10. If she gave him 30x the recommended dose he'd be knocked out pretty quick.
- Annoying political discussions used to seemingly fill time with no relevance to the rest of the plot

7/10

Totally agree with your first bit in your spoiler.

JoJo Rabbit .
Very well made satire of nazism with a good story attached .
If you liked The Death Of Stalin then this will be right up your alley .
A great cast ( Sam Rockwell is brilliant as usual )
Roman griffen Davis as Jojo is exceptional .
Scarlett Johansson ..no words needed .
Rebel Wilson ..good as usual .
& Taika Waititi as Adolph is hilarious.
He also wrote & directed it .
A very very talented man .

9/10

horrie hastings

First Grade
Had my 6 year old nephew over the other day and decided to introduce him to a semi regular Christmas viewing of a Charles Dickens tale animated back in 60s which me, my younger brother and sister used to watch called Cricket On The Hearth, a black tale about a young girl who goes blind when her beau is lost at sea, my brother and i used to love it mainly because of a scene where there is a singing cat in a sleazy underground tavern, and i still get the giggles watching that scene now, my nephew will probably enjoy it more when he gets older.

Keeping on the Christmas theme watched after he left i ended up watching
Christmas in Connecticut, a screwball comedy starring Barbara Stanwyck.

Then finally got around to see Knifes Out at the cinema, great cast, does have you guessing a bit, quite a few holes but with a great cast who cares to much, Christopher Plummer and Jamie Lee Curtis are fabulous, Daniel Craig was giving me the shits at the start but ended up being very likable , the wrap up was very Marple/Poirot , it was a nice 2hours of escapism.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
JoJo Rabbit .
Very well made satire of nazism with a good story attached .
If you liked The Death Of Stalin then this will be right up your alley .
A great cast ( Sam Rockwell is brilliant as usual )
Roman griffen Davis as Jojo is exceptional .
Scarlett Johansson ..no words needed .
Rebel Wilson ..good as usual .
& Taika Waititi as Adolph is hilarious.
He also wrote & directed it .
A very very talented man .

9/10

interesting.... I’ve seen 3 of the awards season’s contenders this season in Joker, Jojo Rabbit and The Irishman...

and I thought Jojo Rabbit lagged behind ALOT...

Mind you, everyone else that’s seen it loved it.

it just didn’t land for me... the Holocaust stuff didn’t offend me or anything... and I normally go with Taika’s stuff.

But I thought Hunt for the Wilderpeople was way, way better than this.

I gotta admit though... I’m in the minority from everyone else I’ve talked to who’s seen it...