What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

horrie hastings

First Grade
Had my 6 year old nephew over the other day and decided to introduce him to a semi regular Christmas viewing of a Charles Dickens tale animated back in 60s which me, my younger brother and sister used to watch called Cricket On The Hearth, a black tale about a young girl who goes blind when her beau is lost at sea, my brother and i used to love it mainly because of a scene where there is a singing cat in a sleazy underground tavern, and i still get the giggles watching that scene now, my nephew will probably enjoy it more when he gets older.

The singing cat from Cricket On the Hearth, i really get the giggles when this comes on as the whole scene just comes out of nowhere .

axl rose

Bench
Chevy is a known f**khead in Hollywood, always seems to be a bad story about his actions but you can't deny his comic timing.
There seems to be a horror story about all of them in Hollyweird except for maybe Hugh Jackman and Reeves

axl rose

Bench
JoJo Rabbit- the subtle humor worked better than the slapstick stuff and it needed more of Sam Rockwells character and Yorki/Piggy. But a very enjoyable film. Go see it over that Star Wars Disney trash.

nöyd

Staff member
Just watched Endgame in 3D on the oculus rift, online next to some french (I think) kid who would not stfu

The movie experience was great, more comfortable than the traditional 3d glasses. Just need there to be less little french merkins

Can’t stop the music (1980)

Starring The Village People, Steve Gutenberg and featuring Bruce Jenner.

Camp as a row of tents. Worth the watch just to see Bruce Jenner storm off from a party the Village People were singing at because they were toooo gay.

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Westworld. Having seen the TV series it was really cool to see the original movie it was based on.

Yul Brunner as the original termonator?

axl rose

Bench
Ford v Ferrari- other than some negotiations at the start there is barely any Ferrari in the film. Was more like Ford driver vs Ford execs. Anyway still a very good film and the relationship between Bale and Damon works well including an 'epic' Batman vs Bourne fight scene. B

The Nightingale- damn, this little aussie movie is f**ked up. I might go watch The Human Centipede to cheer myself up. A

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ

PJ

First Grade
Ford vs Ferrari 8/10/ Well acted with a couple of my favs, particularly Bale. It was an interesting story as well, even for non race fans, but the performances carried it.

Knives Out 8/10. Also well acted, with possible exception of Craig's accent. Spent the whole time he was on screen wondering if the part had been written for Spacey before his fall from grace. Good cast and a well done old fashioned who done it, with twists that weren't as telegraphed as much as the last few years films.

PJ

First Grade
Gentlemen. 8.5/10. Highly enjoyable. Only negative was Charlie Hunan but admittedly I am not a fan of his "acting" skills.

PJ

First Grade
Groupers. Not for everyone, and my review is probably skewed by my love of the Film Vault podcast as this is written and made by one of the hosts, but I enjoyed it.

Interesting concept that is primarily character driven with a few very good performances.

End let's it down a bit, as it got a bit messy but overall pretty good, and I would happily watch another if he gets to make one.

8/10

T-Boon

Coach
The Girl on the Train.
Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, solid who done it - but predictable. I probably would have turned off but for the stunning blonde in it, Haley Bennett. Really sexy. A slightly more sexy J-Law.
Movie: 5/10
Haley: 9/10