What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Wind and rain where I am. Netflix movie day it is. So far..

The Last Samurai.

Awesome movie I haven’t seen in years. Tom Cruise is brilliant in this, one of his best roles IMO. And Billy Connolly has a great cameo, well a bit longer than a cameo.

In the tall grass.

Was ok enough. For me, it’s a typical Steven-King-esque film that doesn’t quite hit the heights you want (and possibly expect) it too. Great story concept, and the kid who plays Tobin was awesome. I hadn’t heard of it before so gave it a whirl. If you like King adaptations to film I think you’ll like this.

Now onto my next film.... what to choose...

Circle.

Really liked it. It’s a mind-game thriller that pits everyone against each other for survival. If you love films like Cube (yes, another shape named movie) I think you’ll like this. It’s a bit more simplistic to pick up the plot and where it’s heading earlier though.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Rocketman. So good. I’m not a huge Elton John fan but some of his songs are classics and I went to his recent farewell tour concert in Brissy late last year. This is a really good movie though I’m not sure on how accurate any of it would be. Music numbers are great as are the performances. I though Taron Edgerton singing Elton’s songs would sound a bit off but he did amazing.

Wizardman

First Grade
Was plenty of great ones lined up for the early 00s. Then some jerk flew a plane into a tower and they either got scratched altogether or got pussified.
There has been a definite shift in the quality of action movies....I can even absolutely trace it back to that time. Good theory and pretty accurate too...particularly in the political correctness of them since that day.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
There has been a definite shift in the quality of action movies....I can even absolutely trace it back to that time. Good theory and pretty accurate too...particularly in the political correctness of them since that day.
More than a theory. I think it was whatculture.com some time ago that did a massive story on this with 20-30 examples of movies heavily changed or scrapped altogether with the reason confirmed being 9/11.

Now its been movies changed for the chinese market (the south park episode on this is brilliant). After the world finishes rebooting and they dont have the market power anymore hopefully this will end and a scene can just be shot without worrying about the chinese liking it or whatever facebook movement is happening now.

Matua

Bench
Watched a film called Fast Colour last night. It's hard to explain it without giving the storyline away. It stars Gugu Mbatha Raw who is nice to look at. It was pretty good.

Wizardman

First Grade
I just watched "V for Vendetta" this morning. What a f**king incredible film! I've had it for a few months but had no real pull to see it....thought it would be pretty light and plastic. Glad to be very wrong.....so many elements of this movie are excellent. Best performance of Hugo Weaving''s career. The chemistry between him and Portman was amazing.
Incredible movie...if you have not seen it, grab it asap. 5 out of 5.

axl rose

Bench
Bad Boys For Life- the humor between Lawrence and Smith mostly lands. Given I had zero expectations for this and i don't remember the previous films. Seems fans of the first 2 have been pretty scathing of this one.

Level 16- enjoyable B movie about girls stuck in a reform school, with a bit of sci-fi thrown in. Reminded me of The Island.

Togo- straight to Disney streaming trash. Slow, boring, the CGI scenes are ridiculous. Skip it and watch the great Benji (1974) or Turner and Hooch instead.

PJ

First Grade
The Platform. Reminded me a lot of Snowpiercer. Interesting story, well acted but a bit of a letdown ending. 7

mongoose

Coach
The Hunt - not what I was expecting but highly enjoyable. I found the satire pretty funny. Very short movie though...

Wizardman

First Grade
Just as I thought "V for Vendetta" was the best movie I've seen this year, I saw the worst in "Mechanic Resurrection" last night. I loved the first movie with Ben Foster playing a big part in making that movie good.
This movie was a complete mess, worst Statham movIe I've ever seen. I knew the reviews were bad but I thought Tommy Lee Jones would not be caught dead appearing in a shocker....I was wrong. I'd say his worst performance as well....the paycheck must have been great. I barely made it to the finish despite the movie only being 99 minutes.
1 out of 5.

Last edited: