What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Zoidberg

First Grade
Terminator Dark Fate. Not expecting much and it didn’t deliver much. Definitely got better once Arnold shows up half way through. Like many people I just disagree with the decision they went with when the movie starts. Could’ve been a similar movie but probably a bit better staying with JC being the main guy.

RedVDave

First Grade
Watched Eraserhead after all these years it's still the weirdest movie I have ever seen and still struggle to make sense of it ...pretty much every David Lynch film really.

azzah72

Bench
Watched Eraserhead after all these years it's still the weirdest movie I have ever seen and still struggle to make sense of it ...pretty much every David Lynch film really.

So did I

I love and hate this movie equally.

I think Mulholland drive will always be his best.

And I honestly can't complain about Naomi Watts lesboing it up and fingering herself.

soc123_au

Staff member
I like dumb comedy, I am happy to put something stupid on and have a giggle but even this was too dumb and shit for me.

I plant it firmly in the movie 43 basket, unfortunately.

It had promise but it just didn't work for me.
I liked Movie 43. Got a few good laughs out of it.

Matua

Bench
So did I

And I honestly can't complain about Naomi Watts lesboing it up and fingering herself.
I like most Lynch films, but even the above couldn't redeem Mullholland Drive for me.

Aragorn

First Grade
Binged watched Umbrella Academy S1&2

felt cheated when I got to the last espisode of S2....

waste of time ...

soc123_au

Staff member
Train to Busan

that was some pretty crazy shit

#2 is coming out

should be good
The 2nd one isnt bad. Not as good as the first imo, but still worth a watch. I've never been into horror or zombie movies, but I do like these ones.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Extraction (the Netflix Original with Chris Hemsworth)

It was universally panned by critics, for being too violent, and having a generic story.

However, I enjoyed it - the action sequences were obviously heavily inspired by the John Wick series, and as a result, the action sequences are tight, explosive, and exhilarating.

The story isn't super original, but at the end of the day, it's an action/thriller film - it's supposed to get the adrenaline flowing, and it does so.

It's not the world's greatest film, but I enjoyed it; I was surprised that the 2 hours flew by quite rapidly.

Take it as an action movie, with badass action sequences, rather than a film with a point to make, and I think you will enjoy it.

azzah72

Bench

It was universally panned by critics, for being too violent, and having a generic story.

However, I enjoyed it - the action sequences were obviously heavily inspired by the John Wick series, and as a result, the action sequences are tight, explosive, and exhilarating.

The story isn't super original, but at the end of the day, it's an action/thriller film - it's supposed to get the adrenaline flowing, and it does so.

It's not the world's greatest film, but I enjoyed it; I was surprised that the 2 hours flew by quite rapidly.

Take it as an action movie, with badass action sequences, rather than a film with a point to make, and I think you will enjoy it.

My thoughts exactly.

It was an old school action movie with great use of today's tech to make the action quite great.

It was never going to be Shakespeare but I'll be damned if I wasn't entertained.

RedVDave

First Grade
Watched half past dead and it begs the question has there ever been a good Steven Seagal movie in the history of cinema?

Eelementary

Post Whore
My thoughts exactly.

It was an old school action movie with great use of today's tech to make the action quite great.

It was never going to be Shakespeare but I'll be damned if I wasn't entertained.

I totally agree - some of the close quarters gunfights were really, really good.

And Hemsworth was likeable, and badass.

It was a fun flick.

mongoose

Coach
So did I

i watched Mulholland Drive recently and actually worked out the whole plot, which isn't actually that complicated once you know whats happening.

azzah72

Bench
i watched Mulholland Drive recently and actually worked out the whole plot, which isn't actually that complicated once you know whats happening.

Yeah it's not that difficult, still well made though.

I jumped like a bitch when that thing came around from behind the corner behind the diner.

Matua

Bench

I don't think this was true, I think it sits above 50 on both Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, and I heard positive reviews of it from both the "commericial" movies podcast I listen to and the more "film snob" one as well.