What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

stryker

First Grade
Over the last month or so my wife and I have re-watched the whole MCU.

Honestly, is there a bad movie in there? Ed Norton’s Hulk is a bit weird, Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are a bit slow, but none are outright bad films.

And talk about sticking the landing when you tie it all together.
To answer your question, there is one good movie, 4 or 5 decent movies and a whole heap of garbage with good special effects.

Unhinged ..
A 2020 version of Falling Down.
Not overly long .not too much over the top Hollywood car or fight action .
Violent in parts ( a few plot holes) ...but well made & with the amount of Road Rage these days it's very topical.
Russel Crowe is great ...lol he's either wearing a fat suit or he spent. A few months in a bakery to put on the flab .
At that size he looks very very similar to John Goodman.
7.5/10

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So I just watch Lucy.

When the brain goes 100% you kill Korean gangters and freak out a french cop.

Started well....

Styles clash

Juniors
Seen every MCU film (mostly in 2016 when I was unemployed). They're consistently okay. Ones with a new title character are usually the best.

The preview for Class of 1984 was on a Betamax tape we had for yonks as a kid.

When we finally saw it around 1985 / 86...it scared the shit out of us.

soc123_au

Staff member
The new Borat flick. Some very funny stuff. Rudy Giuliani take a bow, ha ha. I can't believe Sacha Baron Cohen hasn't been made disappear, he has some serious balls on him.

Class of 1984 is a blast from the past. I remember seeing it not long after in came out, just before my first year in High School. Scared the absolute shit out of me. I'll have to try & find it & give it a run for old times sake.

RedVDave

First Grade
Class of 1984. Where did you pull that from? Wow what a blast from the past.
Saw it on Blu Ray when I was op shopping (often buy books and movies) I absolutely loved it apparently there is a sequel class of 1999 which I'll have to check out now.

azzah72

Bench
Saw it on Blu Ray when I was op shopping (often buy books and movies) I absolutely loved it apparently there is a sequel class of 1999 which I'll have to check out now.

Don't, it's awful and really only a sequel in name.

It's about robots and shit and very, very bad.

nöyd

Staff member
Fun fact: Timothy van Patten who played Stegman in Class of 1984 directed the first couple of episodes of Game of Thrones. I believe I read years ago that the piano piece he played in the movie (named Stegman's Concerto - DO I GET THE f**kING GIG?!?) was actually played off camera by van Patten, but when Mark Lester (the director) heard it, he just had to get it in the film.

My brother had a Betamax VCR back in the day and only had about a dozen movies at the local video shop to choose from, Class of 1984 was one of them alongside other such classics as Incubus, Blood Beach, I Spit on your Grave, Mad Max and Friday the 13th part III.

Surprised Perry King didn't go on to star in big things, his filmography shows a lot of B movies and TV movies.