What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

YoHadrian

Juniors
Capricorn One

Manned space flight to Mars is aborted at the last minute as the life support systems would not work, instead of cancelling the program the astronauts are whisked off to an abandoned warehouse where there is a life like Martian surface made and they are expected to fake the Martian landing, of course when the supposed module is expected to come back to Earth with the astronauts inside the actual module burns up re entering the atmosphere and then the Astronauts who are in the warehouse realise their lives are expendable as they are suppose to be dead so a dramatic escape through the desert occurs. The movies is full of plot holes but it so exciting especially the escape scenes that you forget all about it, a totally enjoyable but far fetched story, James Brolin is superb and it also stars Elliot Gould, Sam Waterson , Hal Holbrook, O J Simpson and Brenda Vaccaro and cameos from Karen Black and Telly Savalas.

View attachment 41455

Hey that dude on the left ( sorry don't know his name ) is Dirty Harry's boss in Magnum Force.

Matua

Bench
So, I liked Tenet, but at the same time it annoyed me and I actually think a normal narrative with the same characters would make for a better movie. Except for Elizabeth Debicki who I've seen in other stuff and liked her, but in this her character and portrayal were the weak link for me ... which is weird as she's praise for her performance.

I guess the thing with Nolan, is you need to go with his sometimes intellectual bollocks, and I mostly do, but the set piece action scenes were so good in this that I really do want to see it play out as a down the line action thriller. Better than Nolan's Batman films but down the list from his good films.

In saying all that I'm going to do a re-watch as I think it's worth revisiting before making a final conclusion.

Zoidberg

First Grade
So, I liked Tenet, but at the same time it annoyed me and I actually think a normal narrative with the same characters would make for a better movie.
I haven’t seen Tenet yet but that’s how I felt about Dunkirk. I liked it but if it was edited “normally” in chronological order I think it would be better.

mongoose

Coach
So, I liked Tenet, but at the same time it annoyed me and I actually think a normal narrative with the same characters would make for a better movie. Except for Elizabeth Debicki who I've seen in other stuff and liked her, but in this her character and portrayal were the weak link for me ... which is weird as she's praise for her performance.

I guess the thing with Nolan, is you need to go with his sometimes intellectual bollocks, and I mostly do, but the set piece action scenes were so good in this that I really do want to see it play out as a down the line action thriller. Better than Nolan's Batman films but down the list from his good films.

In saying all that I'm going to do a re-watch as I think it's worth revisiting before making a final conclusion.

So a narrative without inverted time? that's kind of the whole idea behind the movie though...

Matua

Bench
So a narrative without inverted time? that's kind of the whole idea behind the movie though...
Yeah, of course, but there's a narrative about a secret spy organisation in there too, that I'd like to see.

I haven’t seen Tenet yet but that’s how I felt about Dunkirk. I liked it but if it was edited “normally” in chronological order I think it would be better.
I quite liked the time stuff with Dunkirk, Nolan just annoyed me by not using effects to actually make it look the amount of people at Dunkirk that you can see in photos etc.

The time stuff in Tenet isn't really like Dunkirk, but I don't want to give anymore away as it is just better to go in knowing the least about it as possible.

nöyd

Staff member
Caught some of Top Secret! on Fox yesterday, haven't seen it in at least 20 to 30 odd years.

What struck me most about it was visibly noticing just how much fun Omar Sharif appeared to be having just goofing off and acting the fool.

SOUVENIRS!

NOVELTIES!

PARTY TRICKS!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Against my political beliefs, I ended up paying the $30 to watch Mulan tonight. I've been a bit of a grumpy bear around the house the last two weeks and my wife was obsessed with the movie as a kid.

While I can't reconcile its star's bullshit opinions on HK, the movie itself was decent. Gorgeously shot, some fun action sequences, and a decent enough plot. Not something I would necessarily rewatch, but a solid 6.5/10.

PJ

First Grade
Peninsula. Loved Train to Busan so was hesitantly looking forward to it.

Was really loving and it was 8.5-9 up to the end which really took me out and dropped it by 1.5.

Some cool action, characters and effects with some great Mad Max style road work

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saw the original Mulan for the first time tonight.

Even as a kid's movie, it is far better than the live action remake. Better characterisation, a more enjoyable plot, and some actual life. 7.5/10

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not technically a movie, but watched Hamilton on Disney+ tonight.

After all of the hype, I guess I wasn't as blown away as I had expected to be. Don't get me wrong, it's musically terrific and it tells an interesting story, but I'd been led to believe it is the second coming.

Solid 7.5/10 for me.

Matua

Bench
Not technically a movie, but watched Hamilton on Disney+ tonight.

After all of the hype, I guess I wasn't as blown away as I had expected to be. Don't get me wrong, it's musically terrific and it tells an interesting story, but I'd been led to believe it is the second coming.

Solid 7.5/10 for me.
I think it's hard to compare watching a show on TV and watching it in real life. I really enjoyed it but would much prefer to see it live.

Generalzod

Immortal
I’ve just watched again SOLO on Disney plus I got to say this movie has grown on me and it’s not as bad as I first believed.

Latest posts