What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat

• Kings

• Devils

• Rhinos

• Stingrays

• Total voters

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, beat me to it StGIlla...

My next suggestion for a name is:
Central Coast Bears
;-)

Razor

Coach
They didn't lose the Gladiators name because of a legal threat. They can't sue for using that name, as it isn't just the name of a show.

The name changed when Jeff Miller's team won the license from the NRL only to have it revoked 3 months later because he was a serious dickhead. His submission included the name Gladiators, one of the rival teams(the one who won it after he was kicked out) was Chargers. The third bidding team had the name Marina's.

Crippler

Juniors
Gold Coast Dolphins sounds great

they can be our NFL version of MIami. Isnt miami a retired city of which gold coast turning into? I may be wrong.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Gold Coast Gorillas
Gold Coast Geronimos
Gold Coast Galupogus Island Turtles
Gold Coast Gulls
Gold Coast Giants (personally they should go back to their roots)
Gold Coast Gladiators (ok not bad but not their own name they can own)
Gold Coast GummiBears
Gold Coast Gynachologists
Gold Coast Gators (isn't Irwin's park nearby?)

I don't think they should start a new name personally, go with either the Seagulls, Giants or Titans... at least then they've got a theme song for the last name...

And for colours - they could go with red and black... with a silver stripe or something...

hang on got another one - Gold Coast Goannas... their mascot could be a girl called Anna... so the crowd can shout 'Go-Anna!'.... argggh that's terrible - BUT original.

Macca

Coach
A Rabbitoh was a guy who used to sell dead Rabbits from a murtle and cerise horse drawn cart during the depression, I think. I'm sure a Rabbitoh fan can help me out here. :?:

bartman

Immortal
Sounds right to me, apparently they used to yell "Rabbit -oh" as they peddled their goods. Think of an ancient ice cream van...

simon says

First Grade
Crippler said:

they can be our NFL version of MIami. Isnt miami a retired city of which gold coast turning into? I may be wrong.

It has to be dolphins.....fits so well,its on the water,they have em up there.

Chargers was so lame.I think the thing you choose the fans have to identify with.Dolphims fts the bill IMHO...

simon says said:
Crippler said:

It has to be dolphins.....fits so well,its on the water,they have em up there.

Chargers was so lame.I think the thing you choose the fans have to identify with.Dolphims fts the bill IMHO...
Unfortunately that wouldn't fly unless they got the Redcliffe Dolphins onboard and last time I checked Redcliffe is nowhere near the Gold Coast.

Macca

Coach
Last time I checked Redcliffe wasn't an NRL side. Gold Coast Dolphins is a great idea.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Redcliffe uses Dophlins as a Mascot and it is just up the road, I do not think that will be considered.
I will agree the mascot should be water based, as the Gold Coast lifestyle is heavily associated with the water surfing, fishing, boating etc.

Latest posts