What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What other sports do you forumites follow?

Ratchy

Juniors
bad seeds everywhere, including those in corporate life, at least it will give them something after football potentially

I would call hiring a rental car, driving to an industrial estate performing an execution type murder and then destroying his home security system and mobile phone more than a bad seed.

I love the NFL myself but a fair % of their players are down right oxygen thiefs and blow their earnings anyway on cars, houses, bling and 'entourages'

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
No but I did go into a bar in San Diego in 09 and watched their first game of the season which from memory was away to Dallas and half the joint were wearing number 21 Tomlinson shirts.. He was sold about a year later..

In LA the ex and I met a bloke who was Jack Nickolsens PA and told us some doozy JN/lakers stories but never got to see them live as our timing was a bit off.

Not going away this year stagger. We may have a run just like 09.

Ratchy

Juniors
US sports scholarships to kollige are good. I'm sure it will help the NFL player charged with murder this week to join the Mensa group in gaol.

Most of them hardly study and just use it as a channel until they are eligible for the pros.

strider

Post Whore
Most of them hardly study and just use it as a channel until they are eligible for the pros.

is there any other legit path to the pro's in NFL? .... the colleges have the $s to run the feeder system - so even the braindead have to go through th motions as that is just how it happens

Chipmunk

Coach
is there any other legit path to the pro's in NFL? .... the colleges have the $s to run the feeder system - so even the braindead have to go through th motions as that is just how it happens

A couple of AFL players have gone over there straight into Pros as Punters, but I dont think anything like that is a common occurrence where players come into the NFL outside of the College system.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I would call hiring a rental car, driving to an industrial estate performing an execution type murder and then destroying his home security system and mobile phone more than a bad seed.

I love the NFL myself but a fair % of their players are down right oxygen thiefs and blow their earnings anyway on cars, houses, bling and 'entourages'

i agree, many are from the 'hood' and whilst some change there ways some remain connected to gangs. Hernnandez had many red flags when he was drafted by the pats - he did go 4th rd after all due to these flags - hope the guy gets the book thrown at him

strider

Post Whore
A couple of AFL players have gone over there straight into Pros as Punters, but I dont think anything like that is a common occurrence where players come into the NFL outside of the College system.

yeah but punters aren't really players are they :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i'm a 49ers fan from when i was a teenager, but don't really pay as much attention to it anymore .... did the 49ers build that team in 1 year? or were the players there, just needed a decent coach?

pretty much the same side, there QB was considered a bust (alex smith) harbough came in as the new coach and turned smith into an elite over night. He turned the 49ers around over night with pretty much the same side from previous years. Since he has added pieces now they are truley elite with possibly the most exciting QB (apart from rg111) to be seen in years with kapenick.

eels81236

Bench

I bet 81236 will be shocked to hear that

Well yes I kind of am shocked.

Non college players can play NFL. It's just rare. They must be 3 years removed from High School though. You can play semi pro in Canada or Arena leagues during this period and then be invited to NFL combine and drafted or signed as a true or undrafted free agent.
The reason it is rare is that the expenditure in and therefore quality of the college league means that is the only true feeder system and the best players generally play there.

I would argue that rather than colleges having the cash to run football/basketball programs, that these programs generate enough cash to run a college. For this reason alone scholarships are given. Education is an afterthought for all parties.

I guess that for the 3% or 4% of college players that go on to play NFL it's a great system.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well yes I kind of am shocked.

Non college players can play NFL. It's just rare. They must be 3 years removed from High School though. You can play semi pro in Canada or Arena leagues during this period and then be invited to NFL combine and drafted or signed as a true or undrafted free agent.
The reason it is rare is that the expenditure in and therefore quality of the college league means that is the only true feeder system and the best players generally play there.

I would argue that rather than colleges having the cash to run football/basketball programs, that these programs generate enough cash to run a college. For this reason alone scholarships are given. Education is an afterthought for all parties.

I guess that for the 3% or 4% of college players that go on to play NFL it's a great system.

3-4% go through to the NFL? I thought it may be less like 1-2% anyway it is frickin hard to even get into a college side then go to the NFL - the amount of quality athletes that miss out is such a shame

eels81236

Bench
3-4% go through to the NFL? I thought it may be less like 1-2% anyway it is frickin hard to even get into a college side then go to the NFL - the amount of quality athletes that miss out is such a shame

I guessed. Then doubled it to err on the side of caution.

Latest posts