What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What other sports do you forumites follow?

Chipmunk

Coach
In what way?

I grew up in western sydney, hence the Western Sydney Teams (Eels, Wanderers, Razorbacks - and swans). When i got into EPL, Kewell was playing for Liverpool, and he Western Sydney links got me supporting them.

Had no interest in union (still dont really) but when i moved to the Gold Coast i got some free tickets to the Reds games, so they became "my team" but i hardly follow it religiously.

I've only ever been to the west coast of the USA, so have always favoured the Lakers and Ducks. Growing up I supported the Charlotte Hornets, loved Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues & Alonzo Mourning - but they dont exist now.

Yankees as my best mate went to the USA when i was real young and brought me back a NY Yankees cap and jacket - it was my intro to baseball.

NFL is probably the least of my interest - i cant remember why i go for the dolphins to be honest - the only thing i can think of Ace Ventura and "laces out"

As I said, all very random teams that you follow and some excellent explanations on why you follow each.

Isnt that NASCAR with the spitting? Or am I confusing spitting with chewin' tobacco...

Baseballers (and their team managers) certainly do their share of spitting (with or without chewing tobacco).....as I was reading your post, I looked up to the TV and there was Pablo Sandoval sending a very amateurish spray of saliva skywards. It does stem from the days when basically every player chewed tobacco.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've only ever been to the west coast of the USA, so have always favoured the Lakers and Ducks. Growing up I supported the Charlotte Hornets, loved Larry Johnson,Muggsy Bogues& Alonzo Mourning - but they dont exist now.

He was an inspirational little midget. Unbelievably fast in the transition and a superb passing game. Amazing to think a 5ft 3 player could firstly make it, a secondly last as long as he did.

Here is a picture of him in his first year at Washington with his team mate Manute Bol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 2

attamarrap

Juniors
Indiana pacers
Hawthorn hawks
Indianapolis colts
Pittsburgh penguins
West Sydney wanderers
Most sports I am a huge fan of the Olympics

attamarrap

Juniors
In what way?

I grew up in western sydney, hence the Western Sydney Teams (Eels, Wanderers, Razorbacks - and swans). When i got into EPL, Kewell was playing for Liverpool, and he Western Sydney links got me supporting them.

Had no interest in union (still dont really) but when i moved to the Gold Coast i got some free tickets to the Reds games, so they became "my team" but i hardly follow it religiously.

I've only ever been to the west coast of the USA, so have always favoured the Lakers and Ducks. Growing up I supported the Charlotte Hornets, loved Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues & Alonzo Mourning - but they dont exist now.

Yankees as my best mate went to the USA when i was real young and brought me back a NY Yankees cap and jacket - it was my intro to baseball.

NFL is probably the least of my interest - i cant remember why i go for the dolphins to be honest - the only thing i can think of Ace Ventura and "laces out"
Charlotte is changing back to the the hornets either this season or next now that New Orleans has changed their name to the pelicans

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I'll watch NBA and NFL, Sydney Rugby if it's on. I like a few other sports in the winter and the summer is cricket. Can't watch soccer too boring and I won't watch VFL.

Avenger

Immortal
As far as team sports, the Eels are number 1 for me. I watch the A League which is a great alternative to cricket. I follow Sydney FC. Cannot stand cricket besides some test matches here and there. Follow Man United in the EPL. Red Star Belgrade is probably the team I love most after the Eels. They are however a shadow of the once great team they were. On a recent trip to the USA I became a 49ers fan. Saw plenty of similarities between us and them especially with successes in the 80's and being ripped off last year like we were in 2009.

Love watching Serbia and the Socceroos at international level.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Like venge, I follow Sydney FC in the A league, I'm also a big Arsenal fan in the EPL... Call me petty but I've given the Waratahs the flick this year for obvious reasons so the Brumbies are my number 1 pick there and follow the swans in the AFL..

I mildly follow some American sport including the San Diego Chargers, LA Lakers and the NY Yankees... All 3 carry some memories and relavence from my trip there in 09!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Like venge, I follow Sydney FC in the A league, I'm also a big Arsenal fan in the EPL... Call me petty but I've given the Waratahs the flick this year for obvious reasons so the Brumbies are my number 1 pick there and follow the swans in the AFL..

I mildly follow some American sport including the San Diego Chargers, LA Lakers and the NY Yankees... All 3 carry some memories and relavence from my trip there in 09!

did you see the chargers and lakers play live stagger?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
As far as team sports, the Eels are number 1 for me. I watch the A League which is a great alternative to cricket. I follow Sydney FC. Cannot stand cricket besides some test matches here and there. Follow Man United in the EPL. Red Star Belgrade is probably the team I love most after the Eels. They are however a shadow of the once great team they were. On a recent trip to the USA I became a 49ers fan. Saw plenty of similarities between us and them especially with successes in the 80's and being ripped off last year like we were in 2009.

Love watching Serbia and the Socceroos at international level.

i agree with the 49ers comparison, very much so, up until 2 years ago they were irrelevant, then they bought in a new coach and in the space of 6 months returned to super power - this is why the logic of needing a coach for atleast 3 years is such an outdated theory - a good coach will turn around a club straight away. The 49ers are now on the verge of a massive dynasty - they have the most complete side i have seen since the cowboys days of the 90's.

Avenger I obvioulsy follow Ukraine/Russia and Germany in International soccer - great being european come world cup as when when Oz bows out Germany and sometimes Ukraine is still there ;)

Stagger eel

Staff member
did you see the chargers and lakers play live stagger?

No but I did go into a bar in San Diego in 09 and watched their first game of the season which from memory was away to Dallas and half the joint were wearing number 21 Tomlinson shirts.. He was sold about a year later..

In LA the ex and I met a bloke who was Jack Nickolsens PA and told us some doozy JN/lakers stories but never got to see them live as our timing was a bit off.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
No but I did go into a bar in San Diego in 09 and watched their first game of the season which from memory was away to Dallas and half the joint were wearing number 21 Tomlinson shirts.. He was sold about a year later..

In LA the ex and I met a bloke who was Jack Nickolsens PA and told us some doozy JN/lakers stories but never got to see them live as our timing was a bit off.

hahaha i could imagine, tomlinson was a great player in his day - one of the best running backs ever, but in the end like most running backs was out of gas by 29.

IFR33K

Coach
I only follow league and cricket in the Australian summer. Test cricket>>>one dayers>>>>>>>>20twenty.

I have no f**k all interests in other sports.

strider

Post Whore
i agree with the 49ers comparison, very much so, up until 2 years ago they were irrelevant, then they bought in a new coach and in the space of 6 months returned to super power - this is why the logic of needing a coach for atleast 3 years is such an outdated theory - a good coach will turn around a club straight away. The 49ers are now on the verge of a massive dynasty - they have the most complete side i have seen since the cowboys days of the 90's.

Avenger I obvioulsy follow Ukraine/Russia and Germany in International soccer - great being european come world cup as when when Oz bows out Germany and sometimes Ukraine is still there ;)

i'm a 49ers fan from when i was a teenager, but don't really pay as much attention to it anymore .... did the 49ers build that team in 1 year? or were the players there, just needed a decent coach?

Latest posts