What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Seen at the local shopping centre today.

"100's of lines discounted".

It should read "100s of lines discounted".

Please Mr Shopkeeper, please tell me what the 100 owns as the erroneous ' is an example of a possessive case. A very common mistake.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Seen at the local shopping centre today.

"100's of lines discounted".

It should read "100s of lines discounted".

Please Mr Shopkeeper, please tell me what the 100 owns as the erroneous ' is an example of a possessive case. A very common mistake.
I can just see the kid on the counter pick up the intercom to the back office..

"Uhh.. Mr Stevenson? He's back again"

Life's Good

Coach
League specific but I can't stand 'that's an Origin moment'. Plays in Origin like a desperate tackle, a loose pass that is picked up where the player races away etc. are part of club games and the emphasis that these are somehow more special in Origin is an example of overblown hype.

Valheru

Coach
An American special that i despise is "could care less" or even worse "could care a less".

It's i couldn't care less as in you don't care. "I could care less" means you do care.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This is a very important period coming up in this game.

More of a sentence rather than a phrase but how many times a game do we here it.

Skinner

Coach
Incorrect use of the word "bias", as in
"the refs are so bias against the Roosters". It should be "the refs are so biased against the Roosters" or "the refs have a bias against the Roosters". Bias is a noun, not an adjective.

100% on the nail Spacey....drives me insane. It's not difficult to get it right.