What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What pisses you off the most in the NRL at the moment?

Big Pete

Referee
I hate how the Queensland Cup and New South Wales Cup is neglected.

There are some awesome talents in there, but you wouldn't know it.

Ghoulies

Bench
The only thing that really pisses me off at the moment is how the Storm have f**ked this season up. It's only going to get worse too as the rep season ends.

Teddyboy

First Grade
The fact I hate AFL but am jealous of their Admin compared to the NRL's.
How we gave Telstra our internet coverage for free.
How Gallop f**ked the last TV deal up and looks to do the same again.
How channel9 dictates our game to no end!
Iam jealous of the AFL as i wish the NRL had the crowds,money,tv ratings and national comp that the AFL has.

The others are
David Gallop and the NRL Administration.
The other Footy codes in Australia as there are 2 too many.
The skintight round neck looks like they can not breathe jerseys and fat players look bad for the game which make the new Soccer tops look cool.
Too many games on fri/sat/sun/MMF when it should be just sat nights and sunday afternoon.
NRL not pushing Touch/Tag Rugby alongside other types.
Shag Tatts that are meant to be for woman when doing doggie style and not for 16st tough tackling blokes.
Scandals and the press always seem to follow League around and it seems to be the only code getting picked on.
International League dying and knowing it will never go back to the old days.
And of course the people around the world who make up the big numbers supporting Soccer,NFL,Rugby Union and AFL as in my eyes Rugby League is the better game and it's easy to understand to play compared to Rugby Union and NFL,easier to watch and doesn't have all the stop starts of Union and NFL,made for tv and comes over better then AFL and what stands above it from AFL is that not only can you score drop goals but also you can score tries which you can not do in AFL,plus it's a good game to play to get your aggression out unlike Soccer and also if you don't want to get hurt playing full contact then there is the many versions of Touch and Tag and i know Union will copy that and AFL will never have a sport as growing as Touch and Tag.

Yes somewhere in the alternative Universe Rugby League is the biggest game but it ain't happen in my world.

dragon_around

Juniors
Gould.

Stop bringing down the games value! Just because you work for channel 9, don't make it easier for them to acquire the tv deals for less $$$ you goose!

Matt23

Staff member
Gallop
The standard (or lack) of match officials
^^ Robert Finch
The Storm, for ruining the season
Joey,
Oh and Gus Gould

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
What really annoys me is that we're on to the fourth page of griping. Seriously! There's some great games of footy being played ... sit back and enjoy. The biggest problem the game has are grumbling fans.

Lambretta

First Grade
I would say firstly the lack of vision from both those that run the game and the supporters (mainly through petty jealousy) who post on this site.

So many people have cited Melbourne breaching the salary cap, yet no one is blasting the NRL for having a model that was so loaded AGAINST growing the code in Melboure in the first place. Grow or die. We haven't taken a forward step in fifteen years anywhere except in Melbourne. It's the one shining light for growing our code in recent years. Melbourne's current team shouldn't even breech the salary cap. The fact it does shows how ridiculous the administration is. The fact that so many people here wish the club ill is even worse.

A completely different topic and I seem to be the only person this annoys, the tackle count re-starting once a kick has been charged down and the team kicking it re-gathers. 90% of blocked kicks ARE recovered by the team kicking the ball and for their complete ineptitude at failing to beat the first man blocking they're awarded another set. I'm sorry, but if you're such a spaswad that you cant kick a ball past one single person then you don't deserve another chance darling. If you get it back you can kick it again, but no more six tackles. Reward the blockers for succeeding in blocking the ball, not the prat that couldnt kick it in the first place.

Man that sh*t pisses me right off.

Lambretta

First Grade
What really annoys me is that we're on to the fourth page of griping. Seriously! There's some great games of footy being played ... sit back and enjoy. The biggest problem the game has are grumbling fans.

I don't mind people grumbling if they actually have something constructive to say through their gripes. If it's just pissing and moaning then they can gtfo, but if they raise a salient point and provide a solution or an alternative that the game can benefit from then I feel that criticisms have their place.

Here's an example. I hate St George and everything about them, except their cheer girls. They're awesome. If we must have St George on TV every sodding Friday, whilst they're reading out the team lists can we stay out of the dressing rooms and focus on the hotties on the sidelines. I think they're great. Thanks.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lack of vision and strategy for the game. Who knows where the game sees itself being in 10 or 20 years time?

Jono1987

Juniors
Without a doubt (among many) is the current NRL schedule. It's amateurish and laughable at best. We go from trials, to regular season, to a test match and city versus country, to regular season, to state of origin...etc. It makes no logical sense and to demand these players play so many regular season matches, at least six too many, for a game as physically demanding as league is a joke.

Anyone who tries to pretend this year isn't a joke first and foremost, whoever wins this premiership will be holding one that has less meaning then the Bronco's winning the super league one.

The fact that Melbourne f**ked League this year and has pretty much made the last 5 years a joke.

The fact that my club has a gazillion dollars to spend and looks like attracting not one marquee player.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
1. That the CEO of the game was put there to look after a media company's interests.
2. That fans complain because Gallop is looking after the media company's interests.
3. That the IC will be another "jobs for the boys", snout-in-the-trough set-up that will not advance the game at all.
4. That the Central coast Bears have been kept waiting for 11 years to date - with no commitment that this will change anytime soon.
5. Manly are still scum.
6. Andrew Johns will most likely be the next CEO of the NRL.

petetheileet

First Grade
Petes Top 5 in order

1. Storm scum are able to trot out a team worth a mil more than any other team and are still playing the victims.

2. Inconsistency...and not just minor things!!! HUGE inconsistancies in officiating and judiciary. Its fair dinkum a lucky dip.

3. Billy Slater is a role model.

4. Gooses in the media, including players.

5. No Saturday arvo games.

bobmar28

Bench
Images of small crowds in Sydney.

Ray Warren is past his use by date.

Coaches in business suits(should wear team jackets).