What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do with Kearney? #2

What should we do with Kearney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shakamaker

Juniors
I might just add, that it would be a blessing for the Eels to see Jason Taylor back on the coaching staff also. He would make a great assistant coach, or halves coach given his experience and success

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Good post. He just might be the guy to slap us into form.

2003_barrett_brown.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Sounds like a move designed to save face. Might work though. People didn't bitch about Gould and Cleary.

Shakamaker

Juniors
Only if jason taylor was the head coach.

That's a possibility.... I can guarantee you Kearney won't be there in 2013 if the team keeps performing the way they are.

It is rumoured that the only reason Kearney has got the job at present is because of his relationship with Pirtek. But to allow a sponsor to dictate the leadership of the Football club can't continue

DeanPay98

Juniors
I really hope that this is true. Not sure if I can face another week of Kearney. I don't want to see Kearney's career wrecked, but its just so obvious that he's floundering.

Kornstar

Coach
I have heard from a reliable source that Brian Smith will be appointed as a Coaching Director of the Parramatta Eels from 2013.

Good move in my opinion. Under Smith's tenature at the Eels they won many club championships, made two 1st grade grand finals, won 2 first grade minor premierships. He has what it takes to build the foundations of a strong club and would only be an improvement to aid Stephen Kearney, who has struggled from day one being a 1st grade coach.

Isn't he contracted till the end of 2014?

84 Baby

Referee
Only if jason taylor was the head coach.
Just heard the Smithy rumour too, from a Rorters fan. I think it's a furfy doing the rounds. Same person suggested BS already had a short list of people to replace SK if they can't work together, supposedly headed by JT. Again I call BS (that ain't Brian Smith)... (although if someone could call him we may get a definite answer)... (perhaps ifreek's cousin could?)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Brian Smith would be the ideal coaching director, now there's a guy who could prepare a competative squad at a drop of a hat.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
I think he'd be very good at that job. But it won't help if the head coach remains the same

Why the continual push to "help Kearney"??? IMO, there's only one type of "push" required & it involves SK & a door.

I am sure I heard somewhere that Brian Smith only ever wanted to coach and that he would never be interested in such a role. Unless he has now had his fill of coaching, I can't see him agreeing to this [if there is indeed any truth to it - no offense intended].

WOE

Bazal

Post Whore
Why the continual push to "help Kearney"??? IMO, there's only one type of "push" required & it involves SK & a door.

I am sure I heard somewhere that Brian Smith only ever wanted to coach and that he would never be interested in such a role. Unless he has now had his fill of coaching, I can't see him agreeing to this [if there is indeed any truth to it - no offense intended].

WOE

I agree dude...Kearney has to go. But I think in his old age Smithy may well take on a role like this. Especially at Parramatta, he loves the place I've heard. Whether the rumour is true is another matter, of course.

Latest posts