What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do with Kearney? #2

What should we do with Kearney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suitman

Post Whore
But, but ... the Academy!!!

It might be a stupid word for it, but can you not see that developing the best we can get our hands on sooner will NOT possibly pay dividends down the track?
Or would you rather just chuck it all away, go back to what Hagan left us, and start again?
Mate, I'm not happy with results, but the joint needed a shake up.
I can see that we are getting that, and am hoping the club sees it through.
And Bart (different post), next time you are at the club, make an effort to have a chat with Peter Nolan.
Then decide whether you think we are heading in the wrong direction or not.

Suity

DeanPay98

Juniors
It might be a stupid word for it, but can you not see that developing the best we can get our hands on sooner will NOT possibly pay dividends down the track?
Or would you rather just chuck it all away, go back to what Hagan left us, and start again?
And Bart (different post), next time you are at the club, make an effort to have a chat with Peter Nolan.

Suity

A lot of things will possibly pay dividends at some point down the track. The Academy is a great idea on paper. However, given that we cannot keep every player that comes through our junior ranks and given that it takes about two seasons for a first grader to mature, what we might end up doing is (i) giving rival clubs a head start by refining the talents of players who later get poached and (ii) going through the whole process of blooding and the developing first graders in the NRL anyway without any major difference to what we've before.

The Academy sounds fantastic on paper and if it results in a better NRL comp then great. But we might be equally well served recruiting promising players from elsewhere.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Don`t know about that, Stagger. A guy with his reported history of micro-management wouldn`t be able to keep his hands off the first grade side. He`d be telling the coach how to coach, I reckon. I think it might be a recipe for disaster. I don`t like Smith; but if he`s going to come back at all, it might as well be as head-coach.

well you can argue the same about Phil Gould and as far as I can see and as an outsider he doesn't appear to be disrupting Cleary's role..

Kornstar

Coach

Suity

The talk has been happening since the 2008 FC election, it is now 2012 and we are the lowest we could possibly be.

All the talk sounds great and the ideas are right, Nolan is onboard, the only issue so far has been the execution on the field!

Listening to someone like Nolan talk is probably impressive, he has been around the game long enough and has enough runs on he board in his field but the only failing point so far is that the coach seems clueless!

The players look uninterested most of the time and the coach sounds like he is out of his depth.

Surely you can see why supporters are over it and have little faith? Now we are talking about 2014, really? Happy for him to see out his contract, the board made that commitment but if we start poorly next year, surely we will look for a coach for 2014 very early on?

HevyDevy

Coach

Suity

As always, my question is why the academy is any sort of defence for SK.

Someone

Bench
Anyone who bags out brian smith or his effort imo just doesnt get it.

I love the idea tbh.

not everyone can be like bellemy and have it all.

Suitman

Post Whore
The talk has been happening since the 2008 FC election, it is now 2012 and we are the lowest we could possibly be.

All the talk sounds great and the ideas are right, Nolan is onboard, the only issue so far has been the execution on the field!

Listening to someone like Nolan talk is probably impressive, he has been around the game long enough and has enough runs on he board in his field but the only failing point so far is that the coach seems clueless!

The players look uninterested most of the time and the coach sounds like he is out of his depth.

Surely you can see why supporters are over it and have little faith? Now we are talking about 2014, really? Happy for him to see out his contract, the board made that commitment but if we start poorly next year, surely we will look for a coach for 2014 very early on?

Of course I f**king can. :roll::x
I've been following this mob since the early 70's.
I'm just not prepared to race off and be a sook this time.
We've made horrible mistakes in the past and no doubt we'll make them again in the future. Maybe we've even made them now.
I just think it would be the worst decision we could make to f**k around now with something that could seriously pay dividends in years to come.

Tell me Korny, what plan(s) did Hagan or Anderson have to ensure the long term future of this club?
Do you not rate Brad Arthur?
Do you think Peter Nolan is just talking out of his arse regarding future recruitment and retention policies, and preparing the best possible juniors we can obtain and fast tracking them to first grade? Why do you think the Broncos have so many great young talented players playing NRL?

Mate, I'm f**king ropable that we are last.
I must have spent 60 minutes of yesterdays game with my head in my hands, and walked away thinking that the last 13 minutes was just a gallon of No More Gaps.
But, I've faith that we've got a brighter future than we've seen since the 80's, and I'm not prepared to be reactionary and throw the hope away.

Sure, things are shit and we are shit. If it takes till 2014-15 to win a comp, I'll wait.
Tell me who's going to bring us one before then anyway?
No guarantee Kearney will, but there's no guarantee anyone else will either.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
We've made horrible mistakes in the past and no doubt we'll make them again in the future. Maybe we've even made them now.
I just think it would be the worst decision we could make to f**k around now with something that could seriously pay dividends in years to come.

Tell me Korny, what plan(s) did Hagan or Anderson have to ensure the long term future of this club?
Do you think Peter Nolan is just talking out of his arse regarding future recruitment and retention policies, and preparing the best possible juniors we can obtain and fast tracking them to first grade? Why do you think the Broncos have so many great young talented players playing NRL?

I must have spent 60 minutes of yesterdays game with my head in my hands, and walked away thinking that the last 13 minutes was just a gallon of No More Gaps.
But, I've faith that we've got a brighter future than we've seen since the 80's, and I'm not prepared to be reactionary and throw the hope away.

Sure, things are shit and we are shit. If it takes till 2014-15 to win a comp, I'll wait.

Suity

If you have read any of my posts this year, you will know I have never called for Kearney's head. I was quiet up until round 6 like I said I would be but still haven't called for his head as I believe he deserves to see out his current contract!

I don't give a f**k about Hagan or Anderson, they are gone for differing reasons. I care about what I have actually seen, not heard. I have seen nothing to give me faith in Kearney but he needs his 3 years, he has started the process of change and he has till next year to deliver, not a premiership but a top 8 team! Is that unreasonable?

What I have heard is all the right things, but anyone can say that, I need to see a shred of evidence but unfortunately I don't see anything, just hear.......that is all........

Why would I rate Arthur? What reason?

As I said, Nolan has the runs on the board and will build and deliver us the juniors to become NRL players, I just see nothing in that coach that will be able to make them fire!

I will still by my two seats each year and support the team regardless of how I feel about the coach, I sat through the 90's after all. Doesn't change the fact that I see no hope in sight, which is not a great feeling!

I support SK in getting rid of Burt, Hindy, Poore, Shack and Smith, if that is what needs to be done, even if it were Hayne, so be it........but I am not confident it will deliver any results with him coaching.......

Wise Old Eel

Juniors

Suity

Mate, Nolan (in particular) & Arthur seem to know what they are doing. And I love the idea of building our future. I just do not rate Stephen Kearney. I never bought into the propaganda touting him as the next big thing. I wanted to see what he had to offer before I formed my opinion. I honestly do not see things getting any better [on the field] this year or next with him at the helm. It's time for a change, even if it is just the coach, it is time for change. If we do it sooner rather than later, we may actually salvage (or go close to salvaging) this season. To me, Stephen Kearney is an assistant coach wearing a coach's jacket. He is just not up to the task.

WOE

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Suity

With the squad we've now got, and including all the gradual changes being implemented by SK & co, we should be at least 9th to 12th on the ladder, with a possibility of breaking into the top eight. Yes, there's been injuries and other disruptions BUT our club should not be running last. We are last because we don't have a Jack Gibson/Wayne Bennett like general who has moulded the squad into at least a reasonable attacking and defensive unit, good enough to win 1 game out of three or seven to thirteen games out of 26 including those momentous heartbreaking games against a formidable opponent, the bye. To be running last with just one win so far this season and something like seven wins out of the last 33 games (around 14% average) screams out loudly that the coach is responsible for this mess. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE Suity.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I believe we dont currently have a coaching director.

So why is this new position being created and what is the difference between a CD and a Coach.

IFR33K

Coach
I believe we dont currently have a coaching director.

So why is this new position being created and what is the difference between a CD and a Coach.

So the board appoint someone to help the coach, while they don't look like f**king idiots for appointing a rookie.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
if you have read any of my posts this year, you will know i have never called for kearney's head. I was quiet up until round 6 like i said i would be but still haven't called for his head as i believe he deserves to see out his current contract!

I don't give a f**k about hagan or anderson, they are gone for differing reasons. I care about what i have actually seen, not heard. i have seen nothing to give me faith in kearney but he needs his 3 years, he has started the process of change and he has till next year to deliver, not a premiership but a top 8 team! Is that unreasonable?

what i have heard is all the right things, but anyone can say that, i need to see a shred of evidence but unfortunately i don't see anything, just hear.......that is all........

why would i rate arthur? What reason?

As i said, nolan has the runs on the board and will build and deliver us the juniors to become nrl players, i just see nothing in that coach that will be able to make them fire!

i will still by my two seats each year and support the team regardless of how i feel about the coach, i sat through the 90's after all. Doesn't change the fact that i see no hope in sight, which is not a great feeling!

I support sk in getting rid of burt, hindy, poore, shack and smith, if that is what needs to be done, even if it were hayne, so be it........but i am not confident it will deliver any results with him coaching.......

this

mate, nolan (in particular) & arthur seem to know what they are doing. And i love the idea of building our future. I just do not rate stephen kearney. I never bought into the propaganda touting him as the next big thing. I wanted to see what he had to offer before i formed my opinion. I honestly do not see things getting any better [on the field] this year or next with him at the helm. It's time for a change, even if it is just the coach, it is time for change. If we do it sooner rather than later, we may actually salvage (or go close to salvaging) this season. To me, stephen kearney is an assistant coach wearing a coach's jacket. He is just not up to the task.

Woe

this

hayne played his best footy under anderson.

this

Captain BF

Juniors
The media calling Kearney's position into question?
Haven't really seen much of that tbh in the media.
Just around here mainly.

Suity
Why would the media want him sacked? The way we are going is giving them so much filler. Why would they want us to improve? :lol: