What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do with Kearney? #2

What should we do with Kearney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sorry, what I meant to say was I made my point and you ignored it because you don't want to be seen to lose an argument.

That was your spiel yesterday wasn't it?

Someone

Bench
So are you suggesting we make a play for an experienced coach?

Everyone pisses and moans whenever brian smiths name is mentioned...

We wont get Hasler or Bellemy ever imo.

Bennent maybe after his stint at newcastle but i highly doubt it.

Tim sheens anyone?

Im pretty sure they are the only coaches in the comp atm that have won a comp, and the only coaches that are going to be added to that list in the next few years is Griffin definately and maybe Price and Toovey.

So your comment about coaches is spot on, but there isnt much we can do about that.

Also another thing to note from my list is the change in style of play come 2006 to present, since storm have introduced/ or expanded on tactics of wrestling and controlling the speed of the game only 4 teams have won the comp in 6 years, Storm 2, Manly 2, Wayne Bennent coached sides 2.

Realistically i dont think anyone that isnt Storm, Broncos, Manly, Bulldogs or Knights arent a chance of winning the comp in the next 4-5 years anyway..

Noise

Coach
So are you suggesting we make a play for an experienced coach?

Everyone pisses and moans whenever brian smiths name is mentioned...

We wont get Hasler or Bellemy ever imo.

Bennent maybe after his stint at newcastle but i highly doubt it.

Tim sheens anyone?

Im pretty sure they are the only coaches in the comp atm that have won a comp, and the only coaches that are going to be added to that list in the next few years is Griffin definately and maybe Price and Toovey.

So your comment about coaches is spot on, but there isnt much we can do about that.

Also another thing to note from my list is the change in style of play come 2006 to present, since storm have introduced/ or expanded on tactics of wrestling and controlling the speed of the game only 4 teams have won the comp in 6 years, Storm 2, Manly 2, Wayne Bennent coached sides 2.

Realistically i dont think anyone that isnt Storm, Broncos, Manly, Bulldogs or Knights arent a chance of winning the comp in the next 4-5 years anyway..

Regarding that last point, I think i know what you are saying but geeze that was a confusing way of writing it. I need things kept simple:?

Last edited:

Krakow

Juniors
Thinking about this further if Kearney gets the arse this year, Jason Taylor (I would love to say Anderson but there is more chance of me coaching the Eels) would be the only person I would appoint as he has some knowledge of our systems, mentality, players et al. Getting anyone else would waste too much time. However if JT is successful and gets us competitive and dare say into the 8, REWARD him with a contract for 2013. Don't do a Fitzy and employ someone like Michael Hagan FFS!!

Would love to see Anderson ride back in on a white horse but I seriously doubt that happening but I like your thoughts with JT

The Colonel

Immortal
Jim Dymock as mid-season takeover coach, anyone?

Sort of flies in the face of your whole argument doesn't it? Let's replace a rookie first grade coach with limited experience in rebuilding a club structure with a rookie coach with limited experience in rebuilding a club. It's a shame for you that you can't like posts on the forum because at least you'd win the popularity vote even if you didn't think through the whole argument

The Colonel

Immortal

At the end of the day though it really isn't Bart's decision who the coach is as he doesn't get to pick him. He just makes suggestions on an Internet forum. Like the rest of us and won't be judged on the decisions he makes.

DeanPay98

Juniors
At the end of the day though it really isn't Bart's decision who the coach is as he doesn't get to pick him. He just makes suggestions on an Internet forum. Like the rest of us and won't be judged on the decisions he makes.

What's your point?

bartman

Immortal
Sort of flies in the face of your whole argument doesn't it? Let's replace a rookie first grade coach with limited experience in rebuilding a club structure with a rookie coach with limited experience in rebuilding a club.
I don't really have an argument Colonel - or at least not the one you're presuming? The decision to appoint a rookie coach was dumb, but the decision to replace this under-performing coach with anyone (rookie or not) for the rest of the year is now looking imperative.

It's a shame for you that you can't like posts on the forum because at least you'd win the popularity vote even if you didn't think through the whole argument
It's not any shame for me at all.... Popularity doesn't matter to me, and I can't be held to blame when it happens to follows any of my opinions (as in this case, where my opinion about Kearney's shortcomings is gradually being proven correct).

oldmancraigy

Coach
the decision to replace this under-performing coach with anyone (rookie or not) for the rest of the year is now looking imperative.

And the ONLY bad thing about getting a new coach will be the fact that you were right!

Heck - I'd take Brett Kenny over SK. At least we wouldnt' EXPECT to see any kind of decent performance out there with Bert in charge (although at least the grounds would be well maintained?)