What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Team should I support

Ladmate

Bench
Other reasons to support the Parramatta Eels:

* You will be supporting a team with a unique and historical name.
Parramatta is an Aboriginal word meaning "place where the Eels lie down, named after the Eels found in Parramatta river. Therefore, not only does the name have a distinctly Australian flavour, you wll not find another team in world sport with the moniker Eels!

* everywhere you go in the world it won't take you too long to find a Parra fan - we are always about and always proud. I have been to Europe, Asia and Africa and always manage to bump into or spot an Eels fan! The Eels family is widespread and welcoming!

* we support the junior development of the game and more Parramatta juniors are playing professionally than from any other club

* we haven't won the premiership for a long time so you won't just be supporting them because they are winners!

* we have the best and most unique celebration in sporting history - when we first won the Premiership we burnt our own stadium down in what can only be termed as "friendly rioting"!

* despite not having won for a long time, we are always there or thereabouts and always give our fans some thrills every year. We will win it soon enough!

Don't forget the most annoying bandwagoners :sarcasm:.

macavity

Referee
LoL... North Sydney is apparently regional NSW now... one team is synonymous with regional NSW - the mighty Newcastle Knights, pride of northern NSW.

Canard

Immortal
Manly Sea Eagles

Only team to have won a Premiership in each of the last four decades:
Seventies: 1972,1973,1976,1978
Eighties: 1987
Nineties: 1996
Noughties: 2008

Have NEVER won the Wooden Spoon (ie come last) in their 64 years.

Shouldnt the word WON be replaced with BOUGHT?

Cuppy

Juniors
Just go with the Raiders bud. The team that just knocked off the pretenders coming first. They have heart, skill, talent and comitment. Go the Green Machine.

Coaster

Bench
The answer is easy, The Gold Coast Titans.

We are new to the comp like yourself (3rd year), a team on the rise, you will get to grow with the team, and be part of its first of many Premierships.

It is also one of the best grounds to watch footy, we have the best looking girls in Australia, We have the best beaches in Australia, We have the best climate in Australia.

We have all the decent theme parks in Australia, an International airport, the biggest tourist strip in Australia, and are one of Australia's fastest growing cities. We also have our own forum where people are friendly, and will happily answer all your questions (link on right sidebar).

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are the team from the glorious Northern Beaches of Sydney. They are the last legitimate NRL title holders defeating the team caught cheating. Facing a team significantly exceeding the salary cap they slaughtered the cheats 40-0.

Manly wear maroon and white

As long as you dont support souffs or the bulldogs,

souffs because they are all junkies living off government services and the bulldogs because that teams area you can compare to the iraq war - refugees included.

stay away from these 2 and you'll be fine.

ThePeach

Juniors
If any team is like the Packers, it is the mighty Newcastle Knights.

Proudly community owned, small town with a record of success against the odds and pride in our region, and the most passionate supporters in the league.

We are also look to be on the up again, building around a future star (Rogers / Mullen) to come out of a rebuilding period after losing our long-term superstar (Favre / Johns).

You could at least look like you know what your saying. Aaron Rodgers is the name.

Knightmare

Coach
The answer is easy, The Gold Coast Titans.

We are new to the comp like yourself (3rd year), a team on the rise, you will get to grow with the team, and be part of its first of many Premierships.

It is also one of the best grounds to watch footy, we have the best looking girls in Australia, We have the best beaches in Australia, We have the best climate in Australia.

We have all the decent theme parks in Australia, an International airport, the biggest tourist strip in Australia, and are one of Australia's fastest growing cities. We also have our own forum where people are friendly, and will happily answer all your questions (link on right sidebar).

Perth> Gold Coast IMO.

Coaster

Bench
we also have the best beaches and the best climate but don't burst his bubble! :)

The problem is you do not have a NRL team

Maybe i should have rephrased it to "The best beaches where you have a slimmer chance of being eaten alive by a shark"

And you are wrong about the climate, i have a team of guys over there at the moment fixing a massive hail storm, and they say it has been as cold as Melbourne

I do not live in Australia but want to adopt a team as I like sports from around the world, I was born in Atlanta but have spent many years in different parts of the world living and working. I am now in regional NSW for a little while before moving on to my next job in Boston.

As Atlanta Braves are red white and blue the choice is easy support the Sydney Roosters they are red white and blue too.

Ulysseus

Bench
If any team is like the Packers, it is the mighty Newcastle Knights.

Proudly community owned, small town with a record of success against the odds and pride in our region, and the most passionate supporters in the league.

We are also look to be on the up again, building around a future star (Rogers / Mullen) to come out of a rebuilding period after losing our long-term superstar (Favre / Johns).

Uhhhhhhhhh, ok then.
So.............. that community owned bit.
Not that it matters dude, BUT you guys don't seem to have a problem in taking the $1,500,000+ that Coal and Allied give to you every year.

Ulysseus

Bench
He didn't say he wants to play for a team :p

Good point.
He also said he wants to support a team, not a News Ltd shelf company that has become known as "The Biggest Disgrace in Our Sport since the 'David Moffett slipped on a banana peel and anal raped the copy boy while he was bending over to fill up tray 4 of the Lexmark' scandal broke.

Well it either happened or I just made it up.