What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the f**k is going on??

Thought our defence was Ok but our attack had NOTHINGGGGGG. Thorman should leave the Country tonight and so should half of the team.

No organisation, No nothing. Pearson was f**king playing halfback what the f**k is going on??? We are the Joke of the league and our coach continues to f**k our club.

If any of the players which are departing next season such as Thorman,Hopkins, Pearson are still in the team next year. I'll chuck it in. Its time to give the players in reserve there shot as well.

Unreal V

Juniors
Pretty ordinary if you ask me. If I've said it one I've said it a hundred times Witt or Thorman on their ownsome just don't give us enough attacking options especially with Morris out. What was Smith thinking? that hopkins was going to save the day.

scottyeel

Bench
Our season was already over before tonight so why did we persist with Thorman. He wont be here next year so why not try and get a halves combo going with maybe Witt and T Smith, surely we couldnt have gone any worse. :x

CrazyEel

Bench
scottyeel said:
..so why not try and get a halves combo going with maybe Witt and T Smith, surely we couldnt have gone any worse. :x
Too simple and too logical.
Only complex scientific solutions that no one is capable of comprehending are acceptable to Smith.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Wests are plaing poor (on the replay), but Parra are woeful. McKinnon is working great, but one out. Pearson is halfback LOL!

Can someone tell me why we are possibly trading Dykes? And why half the forum want him gone?

scottyeel

Bench
Misty Bee said:
Wests are plaing poor (on the replay), but Parra are woeful. McKinnon is working great, but one out. Pearson is halfback LOL!

Can someone tell me why we are possibly trading Dykes? And why half the forum want him gone?
If we are actually trading him i would love to know who for, if it is not for an already established playmaker Dykes should be going nowhere.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Exactly right, Scotty. Halfback is the most essential position in the comp. Yet, after 8 long and sorry Brian Smith years, we haven't had one!!!!

CrazyEel

Bench
"With the season on the line for both sides, it was the Tigers who lived to fight another day, moving to within striking distance of the top eight while Parramatta slip into a dogfight to avoid their first wooden spoon since 1972."

From Fox Sports, pretty much sums it up I spose :roll: :( :oops:

Misty Bee said:

I dunoo, I really don't. Without Dykes we really don't have anything in attack. Like Jake said, our defense wasn't terrible, but our attack was Under-8s sorta stuff. If we are gonna get rid of Dykes (which we definately shouldn't do) then we better get a damned good replacement for him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You know what's even better?

McKinnon made about 30 hit-ups.

One set of six went as follows:

Petersen, Burt, Smith, Petersen, O'Dwyer. Ironically, it was our best set - we made something like 55 metres. But still - 5 backs and not a single forward?

I don't even know what we have supposed forwards for.

Eelementary

Post Whore
BTW, what did Hopkins do wrong?

I thought he had a good game.

He even set-up a try (which was unfairly disallowed).

Eelementary

Post Whore
You want to know why we want to get rid of Dykes?

Because he's a star.

And that's jus simply unacceptable.

Thorman has skills, but he does NOT have a footballing brain.

Case in point: One set of six in the first half had us 30 metres out on the last tackle. You could see Burt, Petersen, Smith and O'Dwyer screaming for him to put up a bomb. What does Thorman do? He chips it straight to Hodgson, who makes 30 metres on the kick return.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Eelementary said:
Thorman has skills, but he does NOT have a footballing brain.

Case in point: One set of six in the first half had us 30 metres out on the last tackle. You could see Burt, Petersen, Smith and O'Dwyer screaming for him to put up a bomb. What does Thorman do? He chips it straight to Hodgson, who makes 30 metres on the kick return.

im sorry, i won't say too much about this, cos i'll either get something wrong, or get too revved up, but this is my major arguement!!!!

Thorman= cool english superstar
Thorman not= cool australian superstar!!

He doesn't give it to ben smith/burty's wing enough to keep the opposition guessing!! 5 tackles options are just silly, im sorry, chip kicking in your own half doesn't work and doesn't make sense!! when your playing poorly, FIELD POSITION is the way to go, and hope for an error!!!

grrrrrrr

Utey

Coach
Play field positon and then force the team to make mistakes. Thats what we really needed to do.

Eels Dude

Coach
Misty Bee said:

He's overpaid for a start. He also makes as many brain explosions as he does great plays. He's always injured and does not fit well in with our side. Saying that we don't have anyone better, and won't next yr either.

half

Coach
the solution to all our problems

menu_1c.gif

where was dykes last night? oh, on the sideline. as always

baaah

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's true he's overpaid.

It's true he cronically gets injured.

And it's true he sometimes gets it wrong.

But he also often gets it oh so right.

bartman

Immortal
Eelementary said:
But he also often gets it oh so right.
I wouldn't say he gets it right often enough... Dykes has been our main starting half in 11 matches this year, and it didn't make much of a difference in the teams performances. Smith has no idea how to use him or to get his best form (2001 Sharks) out of him, and so he has become a sort of white elephant in the club?

Sure there seems no-one with better attacking skills on the horizon to accompany Witt in the halves next year. And sure Dykes might be/is the best 5-8 option we've currently got. But since coming this guy just hasn't been up to it for the Eels, and now apparently he also wants to leave and not honour his contract? Not the healthiest of signals...

Agreed, I wouldn't release him without finding a decent replacement, but don't bank on Dykes being a "saviour" in the halves next year any more than he has (not) been for the past three seasons.

Latest posts