What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the Hell!!!

Duff

Juniors
What the hell was that loud bang with about 15 minutes to go of the Bulldogs v Storm match today???

Utai looked straight over at the Bulldog Army in and around Bay 26 but nothing more was said.

Just want to quench my curiosity.

Moffo

Referee
Large firecracker. Few kids were stuffing around with them for the whole game, the security must've been stupid not to see what they were planning to do

Forum Idiot

Bench
yeah that was stupid. i was going to come on here and say what a great supporter group the bulldog fans are but then that happened.
with that aside though id like to say that the bulldogs fans are great at supporting their team at a game. they are like a 20000 member "burrow".

McLovin

Staff member
Just a bunch of doggies fans who didnt sign the supporters agreement...

gregstar

Referee
Did someone say the dogs fans are great at supporting their team? F*ck me - they are what prevent me from ever going to a dogs game when in town! Bad experiences three times before - never again!

Moffo

Referee
Just depends where you sit greg. 95% of our fanbase is fine, like most clubs

We make an atmosphere though 8)

gregstar

Referee
The problem is never inside the ground it has always been outside & I won't expose my family to that! Mind you the dogs are only one of a few - alcohol is consumed by some real dead-beats at footy games!

ByRd

First Grade
shut up, the majority of us TRUE dogz supporters go to the game to watch it & NOT cause trouble its just some dikheads who ruin it for everyone. i was about 2 rows infront of where it went off & the person who threw it run but the good thing was that all other supporters around there were angry & wanted the person caught.

Forum Idiot

Bench
ive had some bad experiences with dogs "fans" before too but round1 this year and today were very pleasant experiences. the real dogs fans know how to get behind their team.
bigT and that whole area were so vocal and the team showed their appreciation after the game.
after the bang i was expecting to hear that emergency noise that we were advised of all day.
id also like to congratulate the manly fans that got out to support to eagles in premier league. the PL match was absolutely brilliant. if only their first grade side had as much ticker..

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Forum Idiot said:
ive had some bad experiences with dogs "fans" before too but round1 this year and today were very pleasant experiences. the real dogs fans know how to get behind their team.
bigT and that whole area were so vocal and the team showed their appreciation after the game.
after the bang i was expecting to hear that emergency noise that we were advised of all day.
id also like to congratulate the manly fans that got out to support to eagles in premier league. the PL match was absolutely brilliant. if only their first grade side had as much ticker..

Thank you :D

There weren't many of us, but our flags did most of the talking.

That bang scared the crap outta me. I thought it was one of their suicide bombers.

ngap

Juniors
Moffo said:
Large firecracker. Few kids were stuffing around with them for the whole game, the security must've been stupid not to see what they were planning to do

So since you saw it are you going to do what your club president and chief executive have asked?

While several spectators were seen holding their ears for as long as five minutes afterwards, league officials reported no injuries or arrests. Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad appealed to fans to dob in the offenders so that he could ban them from future games.

"I am absolutely filthy about it," Noad said. "There are so many people trying to turn around the unwarranted bad reputation of the club and a few idiots go and do that. I am hoping some fans will get in touch with the club and let us know who they are - we have already banned three fans."

Meanwhile, Bulldogs president George Peponis was trying to focus on the club's great win rather than the security scare.

"I want to know who was the person who threw the firecracker into the midst of our Bulldog supporters," he said.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Moffo said:
Just depends where you sit greg. 95% of our fanbase is fine, like most clubs

We make an atmosphere though 8)

I'm sure few of the 95% can do something about it! don't you agree?

Stagger eel

Staff member
CC_Eagle said:
Forum Idiot said:

Thank you :D

There weren't many of us, but our flags did most of the talking.

That bang scared the crap outta me. I thought it was one of their suicide bombers.

CC, I just don't know whether that was the right thing to say, mate! :D

Chook

First Grade
Moffo said:

Why didn't you alert security if you could see what they were planning to do??

Chook.

Moffo

Referee
Chook said:
Moffo said:

Chook.

Who said I didn't?????

gunnamatta bay

Referee
This just shows how useless security is for large events. What if it WAS a real bomb? In reality a firecracker is just a small bomb. What happened to sniffer dogs at large events?

Chook

First Grade
Moffo said:
Chook said:
Moffo said:

Chook.

Who said I didn't?????

So what did you do after you reported it to security and they didn't do anything?

Chook.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
smokyfans_wideweb__430x275.jpg

Now really, if nobody saw anything, that will do me. Ill stop watching the game right now.