What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the Hell!!!

ngunity

Juniors
All the Dogs fans I know, and those on the forums universally condemn the actions of d!ckheads who haunt the Bulldogs loyal fanbase

We just want the pricks that set off fire-crackers ( it was a BLOODY loud one), destroy stadiums, and cause mayhem to f@^k off away from our club

Real Bulldogs fans are as sick as the rest of the Rugby League community of the continual bad news coming from "bulldog fan" incidents

To label the bad fans as anything but a minority of the Dogs Large fanbase is a staggeringly stupid, thoughtless and inept statement. To further suggest that us real Dogs fans need to control our wayward minority how the heck do you propose we do that???
We don't know these pricks causing the trouble, wouldn't associate with them, and what the hell do you want us to do about it if they are causing mischief? Make a citizens arrest? :roll: Stupid we're as powerless as everyone else :evil:

Moffo

Referee
Bulldogs target rogue fans
By Brent Read
September 20, 2004

THE Bulldogs believe they have identified the person responsible for setting off a "device" at their NRL semi-final.

And the NRL is ready to beef up security at this weekend's first preliminary final in response to yesterday's incident, in which a loud bang and smoke emanated from the area where the Bulldogs fans congregate at Aussie Stadium.

"Dogs officials, with the help of the NRL and SCG Trust, pored over video footage today and believe they have pinpointed the perpetrator.

"We think we have collated it to a particular person with three other people," Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said.

"The people involved didn't have Bulldogs jerseys on. It may have been a fringe dweller.

"In the vision we have seen, someone moved their way down to the middle of the Bulldogs Army, let off the device and ran away.

"We're working very hard to try to find them and if we can we'll punt them."

The NRL's revised security came as Bulldogs captain Steve Price raised his concerns over the damage yesterday's incident would have on the club's image.

Price, who will join the New Zealand Warriors at the end of the season, has presided over a period in which the Bulldogs' name has been dragged through the mud.

Part of the problem has been the behaviour of their supporters, although club officials were confident they were on top of the problem.

Until yesterday.

Suddenly the behaviour of their fans is again in the spotlight and Price isn't happy.

"I wasn't quite sure what it was," Price said of the loud explosion, which went off during the second half of the Bulldogs' 43-18 win over Melbourne in yesterday's semi-final.

"It's disappointing. You don't want that sort of thing happening at football no matter whose supporters it is, whether it's ours or someone else.

"It's not on at any rugby league game or anywhere. It could have been quite dangerous.

"Whoever did it, either don't come to the game next week or don't bring those things along.

"As a player I hate that and I know the supporters hate it because again there's a bit of negative publicity about Bulldogs and Bulldogs supporters within the club.

"It's been so positive this year and people have worked so hard, for one person to do something so stupid that they may have thought was funny, it's just harmful to the respect for the club and what people think.

"They go back to the old thing of `they're just a rowdy mob and they carry on a bit'."

Earlier in the day, Noad issued a call on the club's website for fans to help the 'Dogs and the NRL identify the person responsible.

"These people are not true Bulldogs supporters and the club is fed up with these people impacting upon all the good work Steve Price and the team are putting in on the field," Noad said.

"One or two idiots are behind this and we want to make sure that they never attend a game again."

In March the NRL slapped a suspended four-point penalty slapped on the 'Dogs after several of the club's supporters were ejected from Aussie Stadium during the round three clash with the Sydney Roosters.

The Bulldogs also introduced a code of conduct for their fans last week.

Moffo

Referee
There you go Chook, they've now identified the four people that I mentioned earlier on

Chook

First Grade
Well that's a start Moffo. I hope these morons end up in front of a judge.

Chook.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Surely the main point to come out of this is the inability of security to detect an explosive device entering the stadium. It demonstrates that the unthinkable is possible.

With all the so called intelligence the police have wouldn't you think they would have bomb sniffer dogs at all large events. Their mere presence would act as a deterent.

Everybody in authority is now scrambling telling us they are going to beef up security. They should have learnt their lessons years ago but still make the same old omissions. If something does happen they will be called to account for their lack of foresight. Namely criminal neglect.

melon....

Coach
It happened last week too. A few junior habibs lit a couple of fires, distractting security and then followed up with lighting a couple of flares at Telstra.

Stupidity. These pricks have no interest in league, send them to boot camp, garbo duties, road works, anywhere where they can get a dose of reality. Nothing a cue stick to the back of the head wont fix.

Chook

First Grade
ngunity said:
All the Dogs fans I know, and those on the forums universally condemn the actions of d!ckheads who haunt the Bulldogs loyal fanbase

We just want the pricks that set off fire-crackers ( it was a BLOODY loud one), destroy stadiums, and cause mayhem to f@^k off away from our club

Real Bulldogs fans are as sick as the rest of the Rugby League community of the continual bad news coming from "bulldog fan" incidents

To label the bad fans as anything but a minority of the Dogs Large fanbase is a staggeringly stupid, thoughtless and inept statement. To further suggest that us real Dogs fans need to control our wayward minority how the heck do you propose we do that???

You identify them and dob them into security ala Moffo.

And what of the Bulldog fans who sit back and do nothing? Who laugh and point at the misfortune of those on the receiving end of these morons? Or the bulldog fans who actively encourage the idiocy of these inbreds?

The ones actually carrying out these incidents may be in the minority, but the ones sitting back doing nothing or actively encouraging these acts are most definately NOT in the minority!

ngunity said:
We don't know these pricks causing the trouble, wouldn't associate with them, and what the hell do you want us to do about it if they are causing mischief? Make a citizens arrest? :roll: Stupid we're as powerless as everyone else :evil:

Then you are part of the problem if you are not prepared to confront these idiots!

Chook.

fatshark

Bench
smokyfans_wideweb__430x275.jpg

Check out all those helmet/mushroom haircuts!

walker smith

Juniors
look, i hate the bulldogs due to the fact i am a parra supporter and its my natural reaction....and yes, i have feared for my safety at the odd game.....but i have some wonderful mates who are bulldog supporters and i love them very much despite their "affliction" and i hate seeing them tarred with the type of brush so liberally wielded in the posts of fatshark and melon!

can we not let this become just another excuse for people on this forum to espouse their inherently racist views without fear of reprisal! Certain people relish incidents such as this as it allows them to make abhorrent racist slurs under the guise of moral indignation!

if ur upset with the behaviour on sunday - fine. But we can stop with the slurs and racist comments, ITS VERY OFFENSIVE!!

what if i referred to all blonde haired, blue eyed people or of anglo/caucasian appearance as "junior martin bryants" or all people of long hair and "surfer" appearance as "bums" and "bludgers"?!? No doubt people would be justifiably offended!

All im asking is a little respect for others who share this PUBLIC forum with you and wish to discuss issues in a frank, forthright sensible manner!

By the way, before anyone says that the comments of fatshark and melon WERE merely frank or forthright....i hasten to add that comments such as "junior habib" and "mushroom head" do not apply as frank or forthright....merely inciteful, hateful, narrow minded and outright racist!

Dog-E

Juniors
troydodds said:
Being stupid is not something confined to Bulldogs supporters.

I attend every Penrith game in every Australian city (although I missed Melbourne this year) and no matter where you go, trouble often isn't far away.

At a Manly game this year, a few Manly drunks caused a fight. I can't tell you the amount of fist-fights I've seen at Penrith Stadium over the years.

If yesterday's incident happened at any other ground it wouldn't have rated a mention. But because the Bulldogs were involved, it becomes an issue.

Lets not jump on the Bulldogs back every time something goes wrong. It is only a minority of their supporters who cause problems.

Thank you Troy...

Chook - your 'points' above are that banal, they are not even worth replying to. Your motivation here is clear for ALL to see.

You represent just another extreme Chook - an exceedingly ignorant one at that - But above is what your average fan really thinks...!

Geez, I heard on hadley's joke of a show, in the car after the game, He was carrying on like a massive prat about the 'Bomb' afterwards - "Whoooaaaa the Dogs fans are at it again! blah blah!" Then the direct quote that got me - "That bomb has caused CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE to the seating in the area! What a disgrace blah blah blah!"

Well that is absolute CRAP Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I saw what you call "CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE" for myself on the news last night....and a 5cm square piece of plastic, taken off one...yes, that's right - just ONE seat - is only perhaps a considerable amount - when compared to your own brain or penis Ray Hadley!!!!!!! :evil:

And people say certain other people won't take ANY excuse to try & stick the boot into us?? :roll: You're in EXCELLENT dipwad company there Chook - you & Ray make a just LOVELY bitter, old & unloved couple!!! :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
In my experience, it's the Roosters fans I've had more to fear from at matches. Due to Aussie Stadium being in close proximity to where I live, and the fact that I love nothing more to get to a footy game regardless of who's playing, I've been to quite a large number of Roosters matches, always supporting the opposition.

This is where the trouble starts. Quite often when I have applauded the opposition team, I've had someone turn around and tell me if I don't shut up they'll shut me up. And this happens time and again, no matter where I'm sitting.

I've also been insulted, had beer thrown at me, and even spat on in one case. The majority of these incidents occured while the Roosters were losing, although many were while they were winning.

Now I've also been to a few Dogs games this year, including the infamous Roosters-Dogs match in round 3... and once again the Roosters supporters were violent towards me. In fact, I've never had any trouble with a Dogs fan, despite the fact I usually support the team they're playing against as well.

I think some of you Roosters fans need to look at your own backyard before attacking others. Oh and Chook, for your information, most of the Roosters fans around the vicinity of where I was targeted were... guess what? Laughing and pointing at my misfortune.

Small minority of fans that do this yes, but just as bad as what other people have experienced at Bulldogs matches.

ngunity

Juniors
Chook said:
Then you are part of the problem if you are not prepared to confront these idiots!

Chook.

Sorry to let you down but

a) I'm never sitting within coo-ee of trouble when it happens so I've never had to face it
b) I don't go looking for trouble, i.e. to confront it, I go to watch football
c) It appears you are the type of person who is condoning fans confronting other fans, presumably in a violent manner? Isn't that what the ground security's there for?

Reporting to Security like Moffo says is the right thing to do and I'll agree on you there.
If you're encountering nothing but Bulldogs fans you describe then I pity you. I encounter plenty of decent people amongst their fan base. Makes me proud my team has such diverse and loyal support

Zef

Juniors
Chook said:
And what of the Bulldog fans who sit back and do nothing? Who laugh and point at the misfortune of those on the receiving end of these morons? Or the bulldog fans who actively encourage the idiocy of these inbreds?

Chook,

What would you know about how the majority of Dog fans behave or what steps we (as fans) take to curb this garbage considering you've made it amply clear you have no time for us whatsoever? (Not that anyone cares, mind you)

Yes, that's right - sweet f*** all.

The suggestion from you that the majority of Dog fans are "sitting back doing nothing or actively encouraging these acts" is simply more of your "Dog thing" garbage dressed up in a "concerned League fan" outfit.

We've had, have and probably will in the future have problems with a vast MINORITY of our fans but we are fighting back hard and this is one battle we will win to go nicely with our premiership. Far from doing "nothing", I can tell you that as I post there are Dog fans sitting in Whispering Mal's office right now watching video's with the sole intention of identifying and punting these fools full stop.

I'm sure that's not gonna be enough to satisfy you, but let me tell you that at present the only club even attempting to stamp out crowd violence is US.

But who am I kidding anyway? You know and I know that you thrive on these incidents because it just gives you something to bleat on about The Dogs. If it wasn't this, you'd go back to Coffs or all the way back to the salary cap or dream up something else anyway so who f***in' cares what you think and why am I wasting my time with this typing? (I've really got to find something better to do with my time now that I'm semi-retired.)

When (and NOT if), we beat this problem - what are you gonna bleat about then? Because there's nothing sadder than a Drama Queen without a drama.

Chook

First Grade
Zef said:
Chook said:

Chook,

What would you know about how the majority of Dog fans behave or what steps we (as fans) take to curb this garbage considering you've made it amply clear you have no time for us whatsoever? (Not that anyone cares, mind you)

Yes, that's right - sweet f*** all.

I know enough to never include my children in a trip to a dogs match.

Zef said:
The suggestion from you that the majority of Dog fans are "sitting back doing nothing or actively encouraging these acts" is simply more of your "Dog thing" garbage dressed up in a "concerned League fan" outfit.

Of course Zef. As soon as anyone has a go at your club they automatically have a dog thing?? Just another pathetic excuse by you to avoid the issue!

Zef said:
We've had, have and probably will in the future have problems with a vast MINORITY of our fans but we are fighting back hard and this is one battle we will win to go nicely with our premiership. Far from doing "nothing", I can tell you that as I post there are Dog fans sitting in Whispering Mal's office right now watching video's with the sole intention of identifying and punting these fools full stop.

And where were these dog fans on Sunday? If they are so concerend about bad behaviour why don't they do anything at the game, at the time, at the very people are who committing these acts WHEN IN PLAIN SIGHT????? Why wait until after the fact? Wouldn't be because they are also scared would it?

Zef said:
I'm sure that's not gonna be enough to satisfy you, but let me tell you that at present the only club even attempting to stamp out crowd violence is US.

And the reason for that is simple Zef, because your club is the ONLY club that has continuing problems with crowd violence.

Zef said:
But who am I kidding anyway? You know and I know that you thrive on these incidents because it just gives you something to bleat on about The Dogs. If it wasn't this, you'd go back to Coffs or all the way back to the salary cap or dream up something else anyway so who f***in' cares what you think and why am I wasting my time with this typing? (I've really got to find something better to do with my time now that I'm semi-retired.)

When (and NOT if), we beat this problem - what are you gonna bleat about then? Because there's nothing sadder than a Drama Queen without a drama.

You have no fear of that Zef, your club will do something monumentally stupid in the future. It's money in the bank!

Chook.

[furrycat]

Coach
roosterbooster1 said:
Moffo said:
95% of our fanbase is fine, like most clubs
bullsh*t
more like 5% is fine

What about 10 of your supporters surrounding me, my girlfriend, my mate and his wife? Only way we got out of it was a bunch of fellow doggies supporters rushing over to assist us and me and my mate flashing badges.

(This is for you too chook... They didn't point and laugh they tried to stop a bunch of rorters from trying to attack us...) Didn't feel as big picking on us when we flashed badges and a bunch of people started rushing towards them now did they :lol:

Chook

First Grade
[furrycat said:
]
roosterbooster1 said:
Moffo said:
95% of our fanbase is fine, like most clubs
bullsh*t
more like 5% is fine

What about 10 of your supporters surrounding me, my girlfriend, my mate and his wife? Only way we got out of it was a bunch of fellow doggies supporters rushing over to assist us and me and my mate flashing badges.

(This is for you too chook... They didn't point and laugh they tried to stop a bunch of rorters from trying to attack us...) Didn't feel as big picking on us when we flashed badges and a bunch of people started rushing towards them now did they :lol:

Of course there are thousands of similar stories involving every fan base. But it's only the dogs who have a regular history of this sort of behaviour happening at their games. All you dog fans keep saying it's a minority, it's minority, but if it's such a minority, why don't he majority do something about it as it's happening??? Why does the majority wait until after the incident to try and do something about it??

Chook.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Chook said:
I'm sure many a dog supporter seen what was to happen ala Moffo, but there seem to be none prepared to put a stop to it.

In fact, there would be plenty of evidence to the contrary in that dog supporters are far more inclined to sit back, watch and do nothing about the antics of their fellow supporters. Or worse egg these dickwads on or even partake in the actions of others. And yes, I have witnessed and experienced first hand this culture on more than one occasion.

Let's see if Malcom in the middle can put an end to it? :?

Chook.

just to let you know it took police to stop the majority of dogs supporters pouncing on this idiot...someone was guided away but i have heard that after protests from a couple of people he was let go... however other supporters who were in teh army have been dealing with the club and given them details of this person.... so as for dogs fan not doing anything think again.....

Chook

First Grade
atomic_crimson said:
Chook said:
I'm sure many a dog supporter seen what was to happen ala Moffo, but there seem to be none prepared to put a stop to it.

In fact, there would be plenty of evidence to the contrary in that dog supporters are far more inclined to sit back, watch and do nothing about the antics of their fellow supporters. Or worse egg these dickwads on or even partake in the actions of others. And yes, I have witnessed and experienced first hand this culture on more than one occasion.

Let's see if Malcom in the middle can put an end to it? :?

Chook.

just to let you know it took police to stop the majority of dogs supporters pouncing on this idiot...someone was guided away but i have heard that after protests from a couple of people he was let go... however other supporters who were in teh army have been dealing with the club and given them details of this person.... so as for dogs fan not doing anything think again.....

So if I understand you, the majority of the army were going to pounce the wrong bloke? Doesn't that say something about their attitudes?

Chook.

walker smith

Juniors
So chook

if u saw a serious crime being committed in the street 9not necessarily an act of violence, lets say vandalism like is being alleged to have taken place on sunday), involving people you do not know, you would dive straight in and apprehend the perpetrators?

regardless of the unknown variables that govern the situation, such as weapons, numbers, unwanted violence etc.?