Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Parra Future, Jan 26, 2009.
Last i heard they were still around. I dont follow their careers closely though
Could probably throw the same thing back to you. Have YOU achieved anything positive yet, apart from being the 3Ps KING MAKER...
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
Yeah Pete, I think we have acheived a few things, lets think for a minute shall we.
1) We actually READ the report that was done from people from this forum.
2) We actually came onto this forum and COMMUNICATED.
3) We actually INVITED people to come to our meetings and LISTENED to what they had to say about what they believed to be problems.
4) We actually put together a BUSINESS PLAN (whats that I here the current mob say??) for the moving forward of the club
5) We actually stated that we believed the CLUB WILL BE AROUND IN 5 YEARS time if RUN CORRECTLY.
6) We held informal get-togethers during this current month to make ourselves AVAILABLE to the supporters and again gave the opportunity for two way COMMUNICATION.
oh yeah and maybe the small little point below,
7) and not least, we ran and WON the Football Club Elections.
In regards to the Bill Cosby line, I stopped trying to please alot of people along time ago and concentrated on staying sane and keeping focuses on winning and creating change. Something we wanted this thread to be about. Apart from renaming Parramatta Stadium back to Cumberland Oval, what changes do you want Pete?
Your possible answer being Parra Future being gone from this website is not funny either...... :lol:
I've met Pierre years ago, good bloke but he wouldn't remember me. I understand he and Julia are closely aligned in the internal politics of it all. It may well be that he is a Parra fan, or at the very least understands the importance of sport to the fabric and livelihood of a region.
Seriously, the Councillors could be big allies in any plans for the club like this - though perhaps the club's name is mud atm due to previous dealings or the manner/personality of the club's representative in any dealings with Council...?
YOU got on the board? - or are you the jockey steering the horse. Power behind the throne so to speak..
1) They won't even know about it, apart from Ovo who is the only one that actually does care.
2) I don't believe that Ovo could possibly get it approved at board level because the Leagues Club board already seems to have a lot of inhouse fighting issues preventing them from doing anything at this point in time it seems.
It is easy to make statements like that without proof. This is a public forum and I think a statement like that could be defamatory..but I am no lawyer..'whispering campaigns'...pssst ---pass it on..Next thing it becomes real in everyone's mind.
Do you have ANY proof the Board is infighting..The statement could be interpreted by a fair minded person as meaning the LC Board is not competent to make decisions affecting the running of the Club. Is it a FACT - or is it early politicing?
AND whether I call Parramatta Stadium Parra Stadium or Cumberland Oval means nothing to my support of the Club, my love of the Club, and my interest in the Club - and it should not mean anything to you.
I don't have to prove my support of the Club to you or anyone else. I know who I am and what I am...
The above is Fact. I will not discuss it on this forum. A current individual who is a member of the Leagues Club Directors has informed me himself. Not only has he informed me, but he has informed several others both from this website and outside of it. I am not going to bring him down in public however. Their problem not mine. The only reason that I do care is twofold. One, I actually have alot of time for that individual and two, they will be ineffective until they fix it which I believe they won't. That is the last I will say on that matter. Happy to discuss it with you further in private however if you wish. Now for once during this offseason, do you reckon we can keep this thread to ideas like improving the club??
How bout we start a new thread purely for you Pete and eels90210 so you can put all your crap in there and I'll resign from work so I can entertain you both all day. On another note, great to see you read everything I wrote and responded yet again in negativity and did not put anything down on how you think the Club could improve itself. I forgot. The Club is PERFECT in every way in your eyes. Silly me.
so where would this car park be built?
parra pete and parra future perhaps its time for a hug and a kiss and back on subject
The available space could well be a brothel serving the young men of the area guaranteed to bring large sums of money in.
And so you could get money value from players when not playing they could service the many ladies of the community
See post 16. I'm not sure whether it is achievable or not, but could be an idea.
Yeah, I saw it after and the forum started to play up when I went to edit my post ;-)
I would imagine a significant under ground car park wouldnt be the easiest thing to get up.
Taking aside the structural issues that may or may not be there.
There are also the infrastructure issues and the ability of O'Connell St to be anything other than gridlock if a significant number of cars are using the carpark. Someone mentioned Wests Tigers....Victoria Rd can cope with much more traffic than O'Connell/Fennell/Grose St.
Those streets can be bad enough on match day as it is.
Throw in the fact there are a couple of under utilisied car parks in Parramatta already, and a free shuttle bus that stops outside leagues club - council may be reluctant to approve any new car parks when the shift in the parra CBD is away from cars.
An alternate idea would be to contact the owners of the two car parks already existing (near Riverbank and Roxy) and enter into an agreement where parking tickets can be validated at the leagues club.
Some other points, if I can, not toward one side or the other.
The Club is 1/3rd built on "Crown" land, weather it be State or Commonwealth land, every thing past the property line of the premises next door is owned by the "Crown" we have a 100 year "Lease" on the property.
The Friends of the Park (Now the Parramatta Park Society) is still around and would more than likely still oppose any new developments to the property behind our O'Connell Street Premises.
Next door along Northcott Lane is the Old Northcott society (now the football club offices) and the New Northcott Building (which backs on to our carpark from Fennell Street) This building does have an underground car park that goes down for 5 levels or so. I was diverted into that for a club badge draw before a game.
I have also been told that a "Tab" in Sterlo's sports doesn't make money apart from commissions. The problem is, punters are ordering endless ice waters during the day.
What I would like to see, well I haven't been there for a month, but I believe more memorabilia cases are being installed, where the old pool room used to be. It would be good to have another big screen in that area.
As for the Auditorium, and a night club suggestion, I don't know if we want to take on the responsibility of running a night club. It caused a large number of "incidents" in the club car park and around the club, and was a modest earner before that.
It is unfortunate but it seems as though Parramatta Leagues club has turned into a casino and not a club. If it were to return to a club, it would take some time. It would be nice we can allow it to no longer make the money it requires to increase members satisfaction with the premises. That in turn might see a drop in membership numbers. Who knows.
Want a good Sunday with the family? (this needs Sunday arvo footy of course)
1. Get to Parramatta in time for 11am mass at the Cathedral. Easy parking right near the ground as well.
2. Get into the Tingha Palace for yum-cha
3. Get into the stadium for the footy
4. Easy walk back to the car.
Pity there are not more Sunday arvo games. In my view there should be 1 FNF, 1 Sat arvo game and 1 MNF. All the rest kick off at the same time on Sunday arvo.
Being Australia Day, I thought it was a good time to bring this up.
Apart from that - the club needs two unrelated things straight away - a TAB in a proper sports bar. Denis spends enough time in vegas - next time he is there he should take a digital camera and take a few photos of decent sports bars. He can then build one.
The second thing is anywhere at all to sit and have a drink that is either not in a food area or the pokies area. There must be a total of 11 chairs for people to sit in. Somewhere you can sit and have a beer and a talk after lunch. I go to lunch at the club quite often during the week and the biggest drawback is the lack of anywhere to sit after a meal. You are funnelled straight into the pokies area. So I take the only other option and leave.
1) Obviously it was read by the present board and things have improved since. Admittedly, perhaps not enough. You shouldnt get extra kudo's for having read it and simply implying the others didnt. Cheap shot.
2) Correct you did come here and communicate. Just how many "informative" posts have been made by those recently elected to the board? Did you do the rounds of every forum or just this one where you obviously knew there was a vested interest due to the work of Hellsy and co promoting membership? Didn't see anything on any other boards/forums.
3) Yes you invited people to your meetings. Strategically, you invited people from this forum. Strategically, you invited those that post often and whose views here are respected. Strategically, you invited and pleased those who have the biggest influence on people here, obviously helping your cause. Not a slight on you. Good tactics. Well done.
4) I could write a business plan for a lemonade stall out the front of my house. That doesnt mean that it is any good. Are you suggesting that the current board dont have a business plan? What is your point if not this?
5) Mr Fitzgerald also stated that he believes the club will be around in 5 years. Surprisingly, that quote didnt seem to be newsworthy in the Daily Telegraph. Ofcourse he couldn't guarantee it. Nothing is guaranteed. I note that you avoid using the word guarantee in your list above. Yourselves and DF feel the exact same way on this point. Cheap shot.
6) Your informal get togethers are nothing but pep rallies for your future endeavours. Similar to Obamas and McCains fund racing dinners during their campaign. Yet, you bag the crap out of the current board on here. Tell everyone how useless they are and then continue to stir the masses when they dont turn up to YOUR pep rally. You still want them to turn up and have a cordial discussion with you and help your campaign after your comments about them on here. Its a bit much if you ask me.
Certainly not the type of person/s I do business with.
7) Yes, yes you did. congratulations.
I think what pete was asking is this. What heave YOU personally done. I assume that he is talking of your role of official 3p fan liason officer. You are the most important part of the 3p campaign, Col. You are the one who has the task of keeping the LU members happy. You simply cannot win without them. I am sure that you realise this.
Are you giving off the best possible appearance for your group with some of the comments you have made lately? Remembering that without the 3 musketeers you would all just be random names on a ballot paper. Can you tell me, are the footy players string puppets or do you physically have to put your hand up their arse?
That may be all well and good, whoever you are, but if the current board lose the LC election, which they may well do, will you then try and assist in any way possible the new administration, to help this club move forward and progress and survive, or will you still post as anonymous, with a pessimistic tone and negative attitude towards everything, to try and bring the new administration undone, to the detriment of the club as a whole?
Probably. But Suity you are a smart man. Answer me this. Apart from putting his name to the posts, is this any different to what the revered Col Green does with his thoughts on the current board?
I will not put my name to posts here as it may affect my business dealings with those in and around the club, be it positive or negative. The same way I wont tell you my religion or who I voted for in government elections. Similar to the anonymous sponsors. Similar to Col's Peter Wynn example and the potential to affect his merchandise sales to the club.
BTW....wally didn't really appreciate his name used like that, even with the preluded "just an example". Don't sh*t in your own backyard Col.
just to get back on the subject ...
I dunno whether its a good idea or not but i remember going to a free movie night (tuesdays was movie night) at the RSL with my grandmother when I was a teenager .... not current movies, a bit older, but pre dvd release .... it wasn't bad - it'd attract a fair few ppl into the club for a meal and then the bar would do fairly good business while the movie was on .... dunno if RSL's still do that - and I don't know what sort of cost is involved, but we seem to already have a big screen in the auditorium
Refer to post 17.
The example was Wests Tigers Ashfield, where the main street through Ashfield is pretty slow going at any time.
Separate names with a comma.