What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the biggest crowd in RD1

Juju

Juniors
The Mad Butcher just reported on radio sport that 31 000 tickets had been presold to Eden Park. Don't know how reliable that info if but there is alot of buzz around Auckland for this and the club have done a great job on promo.
Weather has been great and if its hold should mean a big walk up to.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Blues v Crusaders got 32,700 for their Round 1 clash at Eden Park. If Rugby League can beat that, that is massive news for the code in NZ.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Scattered showers all day with possible storms at night tomorrow in Sydney...You can tell the NRL season is back!

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Watching the NRL in the rain is the best,its like having a 80 min shower without your mum banging on the door telling you to get out.

JoeD

First Grade
Scurrah, Warriors CEO confirmed this morning that 31000 already sold for Warriors match.

Moffo

Referee
I heard the goosters were expecting between 28-30k tonight if it doesn't rizz down with rain

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Anything above 25k will be good to start the year. I still think the loss of Carney will keep a few away.

Broncos sold out yet?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Word must be spreading in NZ about the greatness of Ryan Morgan,this would be the main reason behind a great crowd

fanatique

Juniors
*besides the broncos of course*.....

LOL what a wank. Just come out and say who will have the 2nd biggest crowd in R1...Jeez....

One club city mate. He could just as easily ask wich state will have the biggest turnout...except NSW of course or which city will except Sydney of course.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I heard the goosters were expecting between 28-30k tonight if it doesn't rizz down with rain

massive rain on the radar ...on the western side of the blue mountains ATM
some also falling in the southwest..over Campbelltown & Liverpool too
but nothing .. or very little .. on the coast
lets hope it stays that way

early 30K's for mine

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
I heard its nudging 50K

it won't sellout ... but it will be over 50K by the looks of it

You can always take off a 1k or 2k for Suncorp predictions.

Either the media scare people away saying it will be a sell out or don't bother trying by this afternoon, or over that many people 1-2 in 50 don't turn up on the night for what ever reason.