What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the biggest crowd in RD1

bazza

Immortal
Does anyone know if PAX is a true reflection of the no. of tickets sold and whether it incorporates season ticket holders (members).

I think we had this discussion a few seasons back and the answer was "it depends".

For some events pax starts at 1, for other events the pax starts at some number that includes season tickets, free tickets, etc - so might start from 1,000 - 10,000

yakstorm

First Grade
Over 25,000 pre-sold for the Warriors v Eels match at Eden Park, and now the entire Vodafone Fan Stand (The red area) is completely sold out.

sfx25603.gif

user_nat

Coach
Are those red seats far cheaper? Not really a common area of a stadium to sell out first.

That's a pretty hilarious picture though. Is that really the best picture ticketek could come up with? It looks like a 10 year old did it in mspaint.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
They said over 27,000 the other day for the Warriors/Eels game,looks like 2000 went missing if 25,000 is the correct number

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Over 25,000 pre-sold for the Warriors v Eels match at Eden Park, and now the entire Vodafone Fan Stand (The red area) is completely sold out.

sfx25603.gif
So all the grey areas are not for public sale? Are these for the stadium members? if so that is a large portion of the stadium dedicated to members, i wonder how many will show up.

morley101

Juniors
I think we had this discussion a few seasons back and the answer was "it depends".

For some events pax starts at 1, for other events the pax starts at some number that includes season tickets, free tickets, etc - so might start from 1,000 - 10,000

I was hoping for some pax numbers... missing them dearly....:)

yakstorm

First Grade
They said over 27,000 the other day for the Warriors/Eels game,looks like 2000 went missing if 25,000 is the correct number

Ahh I heard over 25,000 on the weekend, so over 27K wouldn't surprise me.

So all the grey areas are not for public sale? Are these for the stadium members? if so that is a large portion of the stadium dedicated to members, i wonder how many will show up.

The Ticketek map is out of date, as you can now buy into the ASB Stand well at least into Bay 412, they'll possibly open up this stand more and more as sales continue.

Great to see as well that the Uncovered area of the Southern Stand is practically full with only pairs of seats available.

Should look good on TV at least.

dragondad

First Grade
Looking forward to some footy so I'm off to the SFS on Friday night.

Time to bring out the Crowd Watch Thread!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Apart from the Broncos/Cowboys game

Warriors/Eels(Eden Park)
Roosters/Bunnies(SFS)
Doggies/Tigers(ANZ)

What do you think out of the above 3?

well a few days out .... of the above 3 I think the Kiwis have it
tickling 30K pre-sold tickets they'll get somewhere between 35K & 40K which will be a wonderful turnout

so my revised attendances for rnd 1 are

Roosters V Bunnies 30K
Broncos V Cowboys 50K
Warriors V Parra 37K
Titans V Dragons 20K
Melb V Manly 15K
Raiders V Sharks 15K
Penrith V Newc 13K
Bulldogs V Tigers 30K

210K for the round .... a record by about 25K
exellent result ;-)

Billythekid

First Grade
tickling 30K pre-sold tickets they'll get somewhere between 35K & 40K which will be a wonderful turnout

Roosters V Bunnies 30K
Broncos V Cowboys 50K
Warriors V Parra 37K
Titans V Dragons 20K
Melb V Manly 15K
Raiders V Sharks 15K
Penrith V Newc 13K
Bulldogs V Tigers 30K

exellent result ;-)

I think your penrith, melb, raiders and titans crowds are all conservative.

Hopefully your spot on with some of the bigger crowds but i get the feeling we will fall short with a few of them.

ouwet

Bench
Crowds are based on fine weather (Although, not looking to good in Sydney :( )

Roosters V Bunnies 25K
Broncos V Cowboys 48K
Warriors V Parra 32K
Titans V Dragons 25K
Melb V Manly 17K
Raiders V Sharks 16K
Penrith V Newc 15K
Bulldogs V Tigers 27K (Wish this game was Sunday:fist:)

Total - 205K
Average - 25,625

Bay City

Juniors

Roosters V Bunnies 30K
Broncos V Cowboys 50K
Warriors V Parra 37K
Titans V Dragons 20K
Melb V Manly 15K
Raiders V Sharks 15K
Penrith V Newc 13K
Bulldogs V Tigers 30K

exellent result ;-)

Based on your projections - is that record for any round or would it be the biggest Rd 1 attendance by 25k?

Goddo

Bench
I think the Storm will get more than 20k. I was in Melbourne the other day and they were advertising the sh!t out of the Sea Eagles game.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think the Storm will get more than 20k. I was in Melbourne the other day and they were advertising the sh!t out of the Sea Eagles game.

Thats good to hear. What form of advertising? radio?

Final predictions

Roosters V Wabbits 26,000
Broncos V NQ 47,000
Titans V Dragons 25,000
Storm V Manly 20,000
Warriors V Parra 32,000
Panthers V Knights 14,000
Raiders V Sharks 17,000
Doggies V Tigers 24,000

Total 200k

If we break 200k it should be a big feel good story for the game on top of the usual great footy action.

Latest posts