What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the biggest crowd in RD1

cleary89

Coach
28k for Monday night footy? Would be awesome, but I don't see it.

Titans v Saints should sell out. If the warriors get 30k+, that would be sick.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Question for warriors supporters, is there really a chance that Eden Park will bring in more than 30K fans? That would be a fantastic result.

I'd expect a sellout on the Gold Coast, 30K+ at the SFS and at least 25K on Monday night.

With good weather this should easily be the biggest crowds for R1 in NRL history.

no name

Coach
Hopefully the Kiwis winning the 4 nations gets them (the warriors) a decent first up crowd. If they then string a few wins together they could get a solid crowd all year.

BDGS

Bench
Hopefully... Think 25-30K for that game!

Bulldogs V Tigers on a sunday Afternoon would draw high 30's IMO (1st game of the year, massive hype around Bulldogs new look team). Monday night we still should get 30K IMO

I very much doubt it.

Raiderdave

First Grade
20k maybe?

they're talking a record for a game involving the Warriors in NZ

so that'd be at least 30K
Eden Park has a lot of corporates & members , they get a seat for nicks
I'd say 20K would have turned up at Mt Smart anyways
so 30K is realistic

Raiderdave

First Grade
Roosters V Souths ..... 40K
an epic opening game for Sydney between 2 intense rivals , GI's first outing in Sydney ... Taylor , Burgess ... Anasta , Carney .. Pearce SKD , its got everything this one

Broncos V Cowboys .. 50K will be the biggest drawing game of the round
it will be the tribute match for the victims of the QLD natural disasters , the cane toads will turn up for this one.

Warriors V Parra 30K .. the warriors first run at Eden park , rahs rahs in attendance .. sweet.

Titans V Dragons 27.5K sellout , dragons have fans up the ying yang in SE Qld .. they'll want to see their team , the premiers in action.

Melb V Manly 15K attractive game in prospect , 15 isn't a stretch for a round one game.

Raiders V Sharks 15K the green machine is once again the talk of the capital ... a big round one turnout is on the cards

Penrith V Newcastle 12K smallest turnout for the round .. not much doing here

Bulldogs V Tigers 30K a corker in prospect .. 2 top 8 sides for mine & big rivals at that ... the fans will respond.

thats 215K for the round ... a record for the NRL
at the very worst it will be 200K ... great stuff regardless

BDGS

Bench
doubt away... but you'll be wrong
it will draw at least 30K given a nice warm dry evening ... easily

I hope so, i'll definitely be at the game.

Roosters V Souths ..... 40K
an epic opening game for Sydney between 2 intense rivals , GI's first outing in Sydney ... Taylor , Burgess ... Anasta , Carney .. Pearce SKD , its got everything this one

Broncos V Cowboys .. 50K will be the biggest drawing game of the round
it will be the tribute match for the victims of the QLD natural disasters , the cane toads will turn up for this one.

Warriors V Parra 30K .. the warriors first run at Eden park , rahs rahs in attendance .. sweet.

Titans V Dragons 27.5K sellout , dragons have fans up the ying yang in SE Qld .. they'll want to see their team , the premiers in action.

Melb V Manly 15K attractive game in prospect , 15 isn't a stretch for a round one game.

Raiders V Sharks 15K the green machine is once again the talk of the capital ... a big round one turnout is on the cards

Penrith V Newcastle 12K smallest turnout for the round .. not much doing here

Bulldogs V Tigers 30K a corker in prospect .. 2 top 8 sides for mine & big rivals at that ... the fans will respond.

thats 215K for the round ... a record for the NRL
at the very worst it will be 200K ... great stuff regardless

You are a very optimistic fan.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I hope so, i'll definitely be at the game.

You are a very optimistic fan.

thats the high end for all games of course ...
if you factored in a 7% variable for things like the weather etc , it will be a bit less then these numbers

but 200K is still a record & more then achievable

Brutus

Referee
I'll back the Warriors here (35k), but the Roosters v Rabbitohs will go close.

Last edited:

SilentOne

Juniors
Being a Kiwi and a Warriors fan I'd love to see the Warriors get a massive crowd in round 1, but at Mt Smart stadium not that rubbish Eden Park.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Being a Kiwi and a Warriors fan I'd love to see the Warriors get a massive crowd in round 1, but at Mt Smart stadium not that rubbish Eden Park.

yeah , but Mt Smart on occasion is limited in its capacity
great for 10 games or so that won't test its capacity

but you need a big clash or two a year at Eden park that will draw 25K plus when the warriors are going well...
get along to Eden park for rnd 1... support your team
shouldn't matter where they play

BDGS

Bench
yeah , but Mt Smart on occasion is limited in its capacity
great for 10 games or so that won't test its capacity

but you need a big clash or two a year at Eden park that will draw 25K plus when the warriors are going well...
get along to Eden park for rnd 1... support your team
shouldn't matter where they play

Couldn't agree more, the only down side to playing at Eden is that its still in Auckland, i wish the Warriors would spread their games around NZ more often while they are the only NZ team.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Eden Park gives the Round 1 clash an ability to go above and beyond the 30K mark. Anything under 30K would be a disappointment.

PaulyTom

Juniors
For the game of League in NZ it will be a massive coup. No one would have thought 3 years ago that the Warriors could host a game that could potentially have the biggest crowd of the season.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I would probably say the Chooks v Rabbits. However, if Carney is ruled out injured that will keep a few away.