What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the biggest crowd in RD1

jim_57

Staff member
Broncos V Cowboys - 50k
Roosters V Rabbitohs - 38k
Titans V Dragons - 27k
Storm V Sea Eagles - 20k
Warriors V Eels - 35k
Raiders V Sharks - 16k
Panthers V Knights - 14k
Bulldogs V Tigers - 30k

ByRd

First Grade
Worst decision to put Dogs/Tigers on Monday, the Tigers and Bulldogs have consistently been the 2 best drawing teams in Sydney over the last few years and a round 1 match up at ANZ on a sunday arvo would bring at least 35-40k, on Monday i think the best we can hope for is about 25-27k.

Von

Juniors
Roosters V Souths ..... 40K
an epic opening game for Sydney between 2 intense rivals , GI's first outing in Sydney ... Taylor , Burgess ... Anasta , Carney .. Pearce SKD , its got everything this one

Broncos V Cowboys .. 50K will be the biggest drawing game of the round
it will be the tribute match for the victims of the QLD natural disasters , the cane toads will turn up for this one.

Warriors V Parra 30K .. the warriors first run at Eden park , rahs rahs in attendance .. sweet.

Titans V Dragons 27.5K sellout , dragons have fans up the ying yang in SE Qld .. they'll want to see their team , the premiers in action.

Melb V Manly 15K attractive game in prospect , 15 isn't a stretch for a round one game.

Raiders V Sharks 15K the green machine is once again the talk of the capital ... a big round one turnout is on the cards

Penrith V Newcastle 12K smallest turnout for the round .. not much doing here

Bulldogs V Tigers 30K a corker in prospect .. 2 top 8 sides for mine & big rivals at that ... the fans will respond.

thats 215K for the round ... a record for the NRL
at the very worst it will be 200K ... great stuff regardless

SENSATIONAL! Can't wait. 28 sleeps to go.......

kickback

Juniors
it would be sad if Roosters v Souths dont get 40k, Broncos and Cowboys never even made the finals but a sure thing of close to a sell out, how does that work???

must say i love that first game at lang park bring on the season

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I think it would be disapointing if Melbourne/Manly game didn't get 20k,those two always play great entertaining games and its the Storm's first game back playing for points

CMUX

I would love for the roosters/bunnies game to sell out but I doubt that will happen. 30-35k would be nice though.

SoftSydney

Juniors
it would be sad if Roosters v Souths dont get 40k, Broncos and Cowboys never even made the finals but a sure thing of close to a sell out, how does that work???

must say i love that first game at lang park bring on the season

Maybe because there is 3 teams in QLD and 55 in NSW

Doug2234

First Grade
Im guessing Bunniesman guessed Souffs v Roosters.

He better be attending to the game seeing as he is suck a HUGE fan!

WaznTheGreat

Referee
If the Bunnies/Roosters don't get 35k + im going to unleash all hell upon Bunnies/Roosters supporters on here which will no doubt lead to my impending banning

skeepe

Immortal
If the Bunnies/Roosters don't get 35k + im going to unleash all hell upon Bunnies/Roosters supporters on here which will no doubt lead to my impending banning

Am I the only one who kinda wants the game to draw less than 35K now?

anjado

Juniors
It is difficult to predict opening fixtures crowds sometimes they tend to disappoint. So i will go conservative in my estimates.

Broncos V Cowboys - 46,000
Roosters V Rabbitohs - 29,000
Titans V Dragons - 22,000
Storm V Sea Eagles - 15,000
Warriors V Eels - 28,000
Raiders V Sharks - 14,500
Panthers V Knights - 12,500
Bulldogs V Tigers - 22,500

I hope i am wrong and we get bumper crowds for all the games.

Should sell out

Roosters vs Souths
Broncos vs Cowboys

Should be above 25,000

Warriors Vs Eels
Bulldogs Vs Tigers
Titans Vs Dragons
Storm Vs Sea-Eagles might be able too.

Hopefully over 15,000

Penrith Vs Knights
Raiders Vs Sharks

Really and in all honesty we should be aiming for an aggregate of around 230,000 people if we can. Even with my conservative estimates it adds up to about 190,000.

My only worry is that people were expecting the same last season and it fell short. Hopefully with the Ashes going badly people are really desperate for footy season to start.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
My dumb brain didn't realise the Bunnies/Roosters are playing on friday night,yeah they robably won't get 40k on a friday night

BDGS

Bench
There was talk a couple of years ago of doing one at Suncorp. This year would have been perfect for round one. Great fundraiser for the floods & cyclone.

I reckon a triple header at a few venues would work better in Australia then a Millennium Magic weekend in Australia.

i.e.

Friday night

Broncos vs Warriors
Titans vs Storm
Cowboys vs Knights
@ Suncorp

Saturday night

Bulldogs vs Eels
Dragons vs Rabbitohs
Tigers vs Sea Eagles
@ ANZ

Sunday

Roosters vs Sharks @ SFS
Canberra vs Panthers @ Canberra
Or both @ SFS

And on Sunday you could play the other two games. Obviously just for an one off weekend.

I think that would work better under the Australian identity and culture better.

Billythekid

First Grade
Broncos V Cowboys - 46,000
Roosters V Rabbitohs - 29,000
Titans V Dragons - 22,000
Storm V Sea Eagles - 15,000
Warriors V Eels - 28,000
Raiders V Sharks - 14,500
Panthers V Knights - 12,500
Bulldogs V Tigers - 22,500

Most of those crowds i would consider very poor. That should really be a bare minimum for the most part.