What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the next excuse trotted out?

Nuffy

Bench
Well we've now used up the "we're tired and need the bye" excuse.

Only 5 of the players have played all 13 games so its a pi**ant excuse.

But I'm sure there will be another one trotted out for round 14.

This team under Hagan has no steel and a perchant for regular blowouts.

I'll repeat a previous comment of mine

Would Reilly or Ryan use tiredness as an excuse?

chinorocks

Juniors
We are playing crap, and have been for 6 weeks. I hope the bye solves it, but I don't think it will. At this stage we are pretenders... *Prepares for abuse*

Misanthrope

Staff member
We don't need to abuse you. Just being you from day to day must be abuse enough. ;-)

chinorocks

Juniors
Are you denying we have played terribly since the Cowboys game, or was that just a personal attack???

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't consider beating the competition leaders (Brisbane) and the reigning premiers (Wests) by two to be 'terrible'. We may not have played to our full potential, but both were victories against good sides. Frankly I'd rather we win the two games by a narrow margin and prepare ourselves for tight finishes later in the year than continue to thrash sides.

chinorocks

Juniors
We are not playing well. And if you think we are then your in for a big shock come September. We we're terrible against the Rabbits, ok at best against the Broncos and Tigers, terrible against the Raiders, and absymal in the last 2 weeks. We need to improve 150% on our efforts since the Cowboys game to have any chance of winning semi final games. If you don't see that fine, but don't jump on my back, because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person here who sees it...

Nuffy

Bench
I guess the problem is that we've been bad for 6 weeks and getting worse not better.

We've been completely dominated in the last 2 weeks and there seems to be little in the way of analysis / concern / forward thinking...or thinking in general.

The coach has managed to allow for excuses to be openly discussed and utilised by players via the media........how that can possibly be good for players mindsets I'll never know.

All the good work done previously has completely unravelled in the last two weeks and thats the simple fact.

We've got from 1st to 6th in two weeks and bled nearly 50 points from our F/A.

Thats a fu*k up of massive proportions.

chinorocks

Juniors
Nuffy said:
I guess the problem is that we've been bad for 6 weeks and getting worse not better.

We've been completely dominated in the last 2 weeks and there seems to be little in the way of analysis / concern / forward thinking...or thinking in general.

The coach has managed to allow for excuses to be openly discussed and utilised by players via the media........how that can possibly be good for players mindsets I'll never know.

All the good work done previously has completely unravelled in the last two weeks and thats the simple fact.

We've got from 1st to 6th in two weeks and bled nearly 50 points from our F/A.

Thats a fu*k up of massive proportions.

Obviously you havent been watching properly because apparently we've been going great guns in the last 6 weeks...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Obviously you havent been watching properly because apparently we've been going great guns in the last 6 weeks...

What part of 'not playing to our potential' equates to 'great guns' in your backward vocabulary? If you're going to attempt to be scathing and witty, I'd advise you find some friends to help you.

Nuffy

Bench
We've been playing like busteds for at least the last three plus we had some good fortune against the Tigers / Broncos / Souths.

I don't think we've played well since the Cowboys and in that time we've been lapped by the Storm / Dragons / Bulldogs and won a lucky ones.

Plus the good news is that after the bye we play the Warriors in NZ with two of our best 3 players backing up after Origin, so that game is far from easy.

chinorocks

Juniors
CWBush said:
What part of 'not playing to our potential' equates to 'great guns' in your backward vocabulary? If you're going to attempt to be scathing and witty, I'd advise you find some friends to help you.

Sorry didn't realise I was requiered to be witty to point out we're playing badly....I'll try harder next time I promise....

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sorry didn't realise I was requiered to be witty to point out we're playing badly....I'll try harder next time I promise....

Good. I'm glad to see you're eager to better yourself. It warms my heart.

northey

First Grade
they just need to be tucked into bed, get a good sleep, while listening to a tape that repeats we can win, we can win, we can win...

Doctor

Bench
northey said:
they just need to be tucked into bed, get a good sleep, while listening to a tape that repeats we can win, we can win, we can win...

Not helpful. It's precisely this naivity that Nuffy has campaigned against. I for one am not that fussed by all the worry -- sure they're not traveling well, but I see some glimpses there. Newton's return was good (albeit with a bombed try), I think Davico has cemented himself a bench spot. Perry needs to be slapped for his two penalties, but is otherwise performing pretty well. Matt Gidley is showing some signs that I was wrong about him... he still has plenty to offer.

I suppose Carmont and Quinn's ineptness in defence is still a worry, add to that list Carney who astounds me (what was he thinking with that overhead tap into the in-goal?). There is not enough attention to detail from the whole side with the ball and when in defence. Johns is off his game too -- no question.

We're not traveling well, and haven't been performing well for a few weeks. But in all fairness, the Raiders came at us hard and we did fairly well. Keeping the Tigers out was good work, the Dragons were on their game last week, the Storm hit us hard and tonight the Bulldogs steamrolled us. It's a bit too mixed to really decide what the problem is.

I guess the first task is to look at defence -- it's pretty shoddy from what I can see. Failing to make a tackle is one thing, but making a tackle and then not wrapping the ball up is becoming very frustrating. And our attack is struggling without a second playmaker. We're playing with two Locks who, in every sense, are not first grade backrowers let alone Locks and/or 5/8ths. The sooner Mullen returns, the better.

Latest posts