What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ya cooking/baking?

Bazal

Post Whore
I would think it would taste pretty ordinary without sugar...but I would try any recipe with really ripe tomatoes and just omit the sugar. If they're really ripe they might have enough sugar in them

Bazal

Post Whore
It might...but then you have to work out how much sugar is in the apple sauce, or make it yourself, and honestly unsweetened apple sauce is probably less sweet than the average ripe tomato

Bazal

Post Whore
Actually slowly caramelising a bunch of red onions as part of the base might make it sweeter...

Cliffhanger

Coach
I think it might be easier to just get the master foods gourmet one, it's not to high in sugar and sounds pretty good.

TooheysNew

Coach
Yeah I think youd struggle to find one without any sugar, unless there's another sweetener you do eat. Relish is pretty much just sweet and acidic elements around a base.

TooheysNew

Coach
Yeah i was more meaning honey or undefined syrup or similar. Sweeteners would taste a bit off i think.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Might mix treacle with some raw sugar and see if it goes alright when I make it.

About to bake some vanilla cupcakes with vanilla butter cream icing. Going to make the icing blue because that's my bratty little cousins favourite colour.

Latest posts