What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's doing Manly?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Manly?

One win, not entirely convincing, in the last 4 matches. Losses to Canterbury Saints and Penrith...? Are they being found out?

Thoughts?

wittyfan

Referee
They have been solid and consistent until a few weeks ago, but with the whips cracking in the run to the finals, they are struggling to keep pace.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Dodger said:
Manly?

One win, not entirely convincing, in the last 4 matches. Losses to Canterbury Saints and Penrith...? Are they being found out?

Thoughts?

simple matt Orford is just not standing up, he is a sad reflection of what he was for Melbourne, take the captaincy off him, that may help cause he wont get dropped

wittyfan

Referee
Sad reflection?

It's a continuation of it.

It's funny how since he left there the Storm have become a serious premiership threat.

wittyfan

Referee
I think it can be traced back to Max Krilich saying that they can win the comp a few weeks back.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Bennett - drops his 1/2 back Perry
Bellamy - drops Scott Hill / Billy Slater, and drags Cronk off the field.
Folkes - Holdsworth / Sherwin all in PL at times.

Des should put orford down to Pl for astint

humpy

Juniors
gong_eagle said:
simple matt Orford is just not standing up, he is a sad reflection of what he was for Melbourne, take the captaincy off him, that may help cause he wont get dropped

Matt Orford is an absolute imposter and simply goes missing in big games. If it was not for Monaghan, they would have had no guidance today.

This is the reason that they will not win the premiership, because they cannot put 3 consistent games together.

Ice777

Bench
gong_eagle said:

It's refreshing to see and about time that a Manly supporter has told it like it is regarding Orford. Whenever any of us Storm fans had a crack at any weaknesses in his game we were labelled bitter and it was nothing but sour grapes. The sooner some Manly fans stop deluding themselves thinking this bloke will be their savior and admit he can be more of a hindrance than a help at times the better off they'll be (CharlieF) ;-) Also the sooner they put Mona's in the number 7, which they won't, the better off they'd be as well.

I do sympathise with them to a point though, i deluded myself into thinking the bloke was much better than he really was at his 5 or so years at Melbourne so i can't blame them entirely.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Ice777 said:
It's refreshing to see and about time that a Manly supporter has told it like it is regarding Orford. Whenever any of us Storm fans had a crack at any weaknesses in his game we were labelled bitter and it was nothing but sour grapes. The sooner some Manly fans stop deluding themselves thinking this bloke will be their savior and admit he can be more of a hindrance than a help at times the better off they'll be (CharlieF) ;-) Also the sooner they put Mona's in the number 7, which they won't, the better off they'd be as well.

I do sympathise with them to a point though, i deluded myself into thinking the bloke was much better than he really was at his 5 or so years at Melbourne so i can't blame them entirely.

$400,000+ a season, you would think in games like todays he would stand up and take it by the scruff, the dragons had a far weaker team on the paddock than us and made us look like a PL team

Mr Saab

Referee
gong_eagle said:
Bennett - drops his 1/2 back Perry
Bellamy - drops Scott Hill / Billy Slater, and drags Cronk off the field.
Folkes - Holdsworth / Sherwin all in PL at times.

Des should put orford down to Pl for astint

Hasler has not got the balls to drop a star player on 500k.
Bennett's best was when he dropped Lazarus to reserve grade in 1994.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I wouldn't mind drawing Manly in Week 1 of the finals to be honest...

Still, they have been the 2nd most consistent side in the comp, even allowing for their current slump which most of the other teams have had at some stage this year...

Melbourne are head and shoulders above anyone else this year ( again...)...

Engine

Juniors
I think Manly are in a slump atm. They will be back in contention when the whips are cracking. They have too many good players not to.

Latest posts