What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's doing Manly?

Ice777

Bench
CharlieF said:
Any minor lose by Manly is taken as "the start of their decline" and any win is a "flash in the pan".

Let's just get a bit of perspective here. It's not just after a minor loss that people were asking questions of Manly's premiership credentials. It was after they lost 3 out of 4 to bottom sides that people were wondering if Manly were the real deal or not.

I thought it was a solid win last night and i've never once written of Manly as a title contender. But i think it'll become much more clearer as to where they're at when they have to play 5 of their last 7 games away from the comfort of Brookevale oval.

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:
Let's just get a bit of perspective here. It's not just after a minor loss that people were asking questions of Manly's premiership credentials. It was after they lost 3 out of 4 to bottom sides that people were wondering if Manly were the real deal or not.

I thought it was a solid win last night and i've never once written of Manly as a title contender. But i think it'll become much more clearer as to where they're at when they have to play 5 of their last 7 games away from the comfort of Brookevale oval.

Lets see over the next few games where they finish.

And I do have a bit of perspective. Manly lost to both Penrith and Dragons when they were completely understrength. They played bad with a lot of complacency. They also lost both those games by a converted try or less. In stark contrast, the Panthers and the Dragons had their best games of the year against Manly. Perspective can be whatever you want it to be.

gong_eagle

First Grade
CharlieF said:
I also forgot to mention that Matai made f**king good comeback. He performed solidly and it was only his 2nd or 3rd game this year. Good to see that opposition players still avoid him like the plague when they are running the ball up. Can't say I blame them.

He put a couple of great steps on his opposition to score one and set up robbo as well

Cletus

First Grade
themanonthehill said:
I was referring to easts who got towelled 5 days ago by canterbury's reserve grade side
Manly fans are a tad precious
Just remember ... 6 pockets

6 pockets? Think of a new line you merchant banker, 10 tries and not one of kicks. Not to mention 12 line breaks.

Yes the Roosters were disgraceful but it's still the best attacking performance by Manly all year. We'll need to back it up over the next few weeks but it's a huge improvement over the last few weeks.

CharlieF

Juniors
gong_eagle said:
He put a couple of great steps on his opposition to score one and set up robbo as well

There will be hell to pay once he gets his timing perfected in his tackles. His value lies in this and his punishing hitups. Sidesteps, offloads and tries are just a bonus to this machine.

If Manly are to win the premiership this year, Matai would need to make a hefty contribution.

gong_eagle

First Grade
CharlieF said:
There will be hell to pay once he gets his timing perfected in his tackles. His value lies in this and his punishing hitups. Sidesteps, offloads and tries are just a bonus to this machine.

If Manly are to win the premiership this year, Matai would need to make a hefty contribution.

very true this kid could be anything, if he justs settles his personal life

Garts

Bench
Dodger said:
Brilliant performance to shut Easts down but really... it's Easts.

CharlieF, manonthehill was referring to US beating the Goosters, not us beating you. It's not a huge feat and while I can get confident and bleat about how we're on course for the premiership... it's not necessarily gonna be true.

Any Manly fan who takes this win as a sign they're "back on track" needs to have their head read.

I dare say if Melbourne played them last night Saints' 91-6 record would've come under fire... hell even Penrith would've put at least 30 on them.

I agree it was only the Roosters but I do find it slightly amusing coming from you. After you beat us you were creaming your pants about how the Dogs were back. You beat Manly who had been playing sh!thouse for about a month, then you got a little more excited when you beat the Roosters last week who had been playing alot worse than Manly.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:sleeper:

At the time of posting they were in poor form. Pretty pathetic to bump this one.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Dodger said:
:sleeper:

At the time of posting they were in poor form. Pretty pathetic to bump this one.

:crazy: What? 2 weeks ago??? The problem was overstated. We were missing our origin stars and played a few teams we are historically very bad at playing away from home.

You made a mountain out of it, not me.

Take it like a man...

Garts

Bench
Time will tell. I am still nto convinced we are one of the best 2 sides in the comp even though we are sitting well clear in 2nd. I will say we are easily in the top 4 sides though.

Hey Dodge the Dogs must be pretenders losing to the Panthers tonight. I know you had some players out but playing at home surely they should be good enough to beat the team running last!!!!

Latest posts