What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's doing Manly?

gong_eagle

First Grade
wittyfan said:

yes.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
To be fair to Manly, they we're missing the brilliant line breaking feats of Lyon. And when you add his awesome defence, he doe's leave a large hole to fill :sarcasm:

Perhaps teams are blocking the pockets and stopping manly's favourite ploy (aka the 6 pocket theory) from working. Team of hacks. No depth. Look at the dross they have to call up with one or 2 out (at various times). Nick Bradley Galeleleleleleleleleleleeleaaaawa, Cuthbertson, Green, Balin. Utter dross. Orford and Lyon have about as much creativity as the pairing of Gillette and Duckworth

Titanic

First Grade
I reckon Beaver's return coincided with the slide. Every other play ends up in his hands and the opposition know it. I am not defending Orford, I think Menzies is a great player and in fact I couldn't care less but is Menzies over-calling him? Whatever - today the Buzzards looked ordinary.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
Perhaps teams are blocking the pockets and stopping manly's favourite ploy (aka the 6 pocket theory) from working. Team of hacks. No depth. Look at the dross they have to call up with one or 2 out (at various times). Nick Bradley Galeleleleleleleleleleleeleaaaawa, Cuthbertson, Green, Balin. Utter dross. Orford and Lyon have about as much creativity as the pairing of Gillette and Duckworth
Lol at this 80 year old dribbler.
Manly didnt score any tries off the "6 pocket theory" you imbo.
Who the hell is Green? Ballin is a very good player, who might i add did not play today, idiot.

Dutchy

Immortal
Dodger said:
Manly?

One win, not entirely convincing, in the last 4 matches. Losses to Canterbury Saints and Penrith...? Are they being found out?

Thoughts?

Orford

Dutchy

Immortal
[It's refreshing to see and about time that a Manly supporter has told it like it is regarding Orford. Whenever any of us Storm fans had a crack at any weaknesses in his game we were labelled bitter and it was nothing but sour grapes. The sooner some Manly fans stop deluding themselves thinking this bloke will be their savior and admit he can be more of a hindrance than a help at times the better off they'll be (CharlieF) Also the sooner they put Mona's in the number 7, which they won't, the better off they'd be as well.

I do sympathise with them to a point though, i deluded myself into thinking the bloke was much better than he really was at his 5 or so years at Melbourne so i can't blame them entirely.
/QUOTE]

Ive always said since we got him he was no good and Monas was the better option, I always got abused by other Manly fans for saying it.

Who looks stupid now?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yet Manly are letting Monas go and keep 2 duds in Lyon and Orford in the halves! One of your best Des!

Cletus

First Grade
gong_eagle said:
simple matt Orford is just not standing up, he is a sad reflection of what he was for Melbourne, take the captaincy off him, that may help cause he wont get dropped

Rubbish. He had plenty of players to take the pressure off him, Scott Hill was great next to him. I think he needs to take the pressure off himself and pass the odd ball to the old halfback.

Ice777

Bench
Dutchy said:
Ive always said since we got him he was no good and Monas was the better option, I always got abused by other Manly fans for saying it.

Who looks stupid now?

I've seen the abuse you copped on here from fellow Manly fans for not deluding yourself into thinking Orford was a great buy or trying to justify the way too high price your club paid for him like some others do.

He can be good on his day, in fact he can be very good on his day. But unfortunately for Manly those days are few and far between and when he's bad he can be very bad, especially in big games when it counts as everyone can see except Manly supporters ( with the exception of yourself and a few other Manly fans) His pay packet in no way reflects his ability as a player and IMO he's not worth any more than 250K a season IMO.

To answer your question of who's looking stupid now? Ceratinly not you Dutchy ;-)

CharlieF

Juniors
Who cares about "I told you so this and I told you so that". The season is not even anywhere near over and you write Manly off. Manly had 6 regular first graders out. Thats right, almost half a team. I don't care what the other team had or didn't have, thats their problem, we had our own.

Everyone is a genius when you are death riding a player at every single opportunity. You guys are just so smart. Tell me how do you go wrong when you only comment on his bad games and go into hiding when he has good ones. He is not even a rep player and you guys are demanding better than rep player performances?????? And don't go on about his wages. Thats what was negotiated and thats what was paid. Market forces, end of story. Monas had plenty of chances to close the game. So did Travis Burns and Menzies (who had a shocker by the way). But just as an Apple Ipod is more fashionable than a cheap chinese imitation, so is bagging Orford. Its just not the same bagging any of the others in the same way, it doesn't feel as good or sound as good.

Anyway, you can keep living in your own fanatasy world. Hopefully every team is happy to play Manly in the semis. If they are as complacent as you fans, it will be a bonus.

As Mr Saab said once before, the Broncos won the premiership without a known Halfback. Maybe a drop into Premier league maybe all that is needed for Orford.

Ice777

Bench
Orford's night in shining armour to the rescue once more. Right on cue Charlie :lol:

Oh, and i never once wrote of Manly. All i did is comment on the deficiencies [SIZE=-1](IMO) of your halfback. If you can't read it without having a sook about it everytime then don't look at it.[/SIZE]

CharlieF

Juniors
Dutchy said:

Who looks stupid now?

Dutchy,

Sorry, did I miss something. Is the season over already??
Lets wait until then to see who looks stupid?

Latest posts