What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats doing with thomo?

spider

Coach
the players were at the JRL finals on sunday

thomo is looking like a dead set light weight

he must be down to around 90 kegs in body weight

his injury was a leg injury - so he would have still been able to train and maintain upper body weight

there is definately something wrong there - more than the injury itself....

samshark

Juniors
Think you might reading a bit much into it.
Thommo was only about 93-95 to start with wasnt he? I figure Thommo new a few weeks ago when first injured that he wouldnt be rushing back this year given our season was just about over so he probably hasnt been training. You stop the weights, lose a bit muscle, maybe not eating as much, wouldnt take much to drop a couple of kg's.

maxpower3000

Juniors
I heard from a source close to thommo that he is not happy to play under Ricky Stuart, apparently, he was the one who told the players to go to the gym and train when given the week off before the Melbourne game and not Dykes or Gallen as reported.
He also feels that its gone from having an easy going coach like Raper to an intense coach like Ricky who he does not enjoy playing for and his injury is not why he missed the last part of the season, he has been spending time concentrating on his future as a player manager.

Inferno

Coach
Interesting.

I am a huge Thommo fan, but he was nowhere as good this year as he was last year, and a backrow of Weirdo, Gallen and Bird can still compete with any team.
If thommo leaves it also frees up a fair amount of cash.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
spider said:
i just cant grasp that - there is something wrong

no one looses that much weight

Anorexia?

As someone mentioned he is a player manager with all the social trappings like long hours negotiating contracts over sumptuous high calorie meals. He might be just watching his weight!

Can you recommend a gym for thomo spider?

spider

Coach
gunnamatta bay said:
Can you recommend a gym for thomo spider?
think he needs more than weights gunna

ha ha

just acquirred another one actually - not sure if i like the look of 'some' of the members that come with it though...

samshark

Juniors
maxpower3000 said:
I heard from a source close to thommo that he is not happy to play under Ricky Stuart, apparently, he was the one who told the players to go to the gym and train when given the week off before the Melbourne game and not Dykes or Gallen as reported.
He also feels that its gone from having an easy going coach like Raper to an intense coach like Ricky who he does not enjoy playing for and his injury is not why he missed the last part of the season, he has been spending time concentrating on his future as a player manager.

Doubt very much that would be true.
My cousin is friends with Thommo. He has been trying to take her out for a while.
Anyway she has been saying all year that he loves it under Stuart and is much better than last year. Stuart also made a point at the fans forum last week of saying how good and professional Thommo is.

He'd had that knee problem for a while. Had already missed a couple of games through the year. Obvioulsy just got worse and ruled him out for the rest. There is no point trying to bring someone back early, especially from a knee injury to play in a couple of games that dont mean a lot.

Pie Floater

Juniors
maxpower3000 said:
I heard from a source close to thommo...

Luke Covell was looking like a porker at the start of the year. Julie must be a good pie chef.

So maybe now that she's not pregnant anymore and all, she can go back into the pie kitchen, and cook up some pies for Thommo.

Then thommo can eat the pies with some of those close sauces, and put all the lost weight back on.

Sam Shark

Juniors
It's just been on Channel 9 news - Thomo has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes which explains everything.

Quigs

Immortal
Pardon my ignorance and I am being serious.

Is type one the bad one or does the grades get more serious as the type No increases.

Taking into account that all diabetes can be very serious.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

coolumsharkie

Referee
maxpower3000 said:

Oohhh the drama!!

sounds like a female observation for mine... how am i doin?

Latest posts