What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the deal with Player signings?????

CJKnight

Juniors
How the heck does Newcastle management survive???????
How in the first place could we let blokes like Tahu... Kennedy... and possibly Simpson and Matt Gidley go... and replace them with blokes like Carmont... Reynoldson... and Davico??????
And yet they refuse to stand up to sign new and good players... and they stand up even less to resign talent!!!!!!
How the heck did they resign Kurt Gidley at 5/8 instead of Signing John Morris for next year???? Morris is a heck of alot better player than K gidley and has a better kicking game as well...
Are Newcastle Management going to stand up with reasonable offers to Jamie Lyon... Brett Delany... and Josh Hannay???? With both centres and both wingers going next year... Newcastle will need all new players except maybe Brad Tighe could fill a wingers/centre role... but we still need 3 more...
If you are going to let players like the ones at the top of the post go... then you have to sign new and better players... the Management seem to have the way of resigning less valuable players and letting the most valuable go... and yet signing useless players to replace them... it's time to stand up with reasonable offers to valuable replacements and let useless blokes like Carmont, Kurt Gidley, and Reegan Tanner go... With Matt Gidley and Steve Simpson leaving... that should free up some salary cap at least... don't forget the loss of Carney and Quinn are BAD>>>

Yosh

Coach
i dont understand this familar business... can someone please explain???

WooKiie

Juniors
someone who got banished from here and signed up with another user name.? or someone posting as someone else without using their original user name.? haha

WooKiie

Juniors
weidler just said a whole sh*t load of 'signings news' just then, and knights aren't even mentioned once...something is wrong here, or someone has already 'agreed' to join us next year...i would imagine with 4 outta our 5 backs leaving we'd be in the market but noooo....

Yosh

Coach
oh kk... guess i havent been long enough to understand. why did he get kicked out in the first place?

Voice of Reason

Juniors
I dont know why people are so surprised about Knights 2007 recruiting. Consider these pieces of the puzzle then ask yourself why havent we signed anybody. We are overpaying certain underachievers, our incoming coach, who incidently is not even in the damn country, polled in RLW as the coach that most players would NOT want to be coached by, certain people in management are not qualified and lack REAL business expertise, management have never been pro-active in signing players from without the club so why would they start now and No I am not Newton. I think too many people here have expected too much from our management, you know its like Supercoach expecting Kidley to be a playmaker when the guy simply hasnt got it in him- its no different with the management. Sorry to say but this is the best we can expect from them.

chinorocks

Juniors
christopherjon said:
How the heck does Newcastle management survive???????
How in the first place could we let blokes like Tahu... Kennedy... and possibly Simpson and Matt Gidley go... and replace them with blokes like Carmont... Reynoldson... and Davico??????
And yet they refuse to stand up to sign new and good players... and they stand up even less to resign talent!!!!!!
How the heck did they resign Kurt Gidley at 5/8 instead of Signing John Morris for next year???? Morris is a heck of alot better player than K gidley and has a better kicking game as well...
Are Newcastle Management going to stand up with reasonable offers to Jamie Lyon... Brett Delany... and Josh Hannay???? With both centres and both wingers going next year... Newcastle will need all new players except maybe Brad Tighe could fill a wingers/centre role... but we still need 3 more...
If you are going to let players like the ones at the top of the post go... then you have to sign new and better players... the Management seem to have the way of resigning less valuable players and letting the most valuable go... and yet signing useless players to replace them... it's time to stand up with reasonable offers to valuable replacements and let useless blokes like Carmont, Kurt Gidley, and Reegan Tanner go... With Matt Gidley and Steve Simpson leaving... that should free up some salary cap at least... don't forget the loss of Carney and Quinn are BAD>>>

Morris is a bum Im glad we didnt sign him.

Yosh

Coach
Voice of Reason said:
polled in RLW as the coach that most players would NOT want to be coached by,

you seroius? why is that but? i thought he was a mad coach?

Burwood

Bench
Yosh said:
you seroius? why is that but? i thought he was a mad coach?

He consistently gets that award. But 90% of the players who vote for him have never been coached by him (Players can't vote for own coach or team mates). He has a bad reputation, but the guys that play under him nearly all say that he is a great coach, although perhaps not the most personable bloke.

CJKnight

Juniors
I don't know what this "familiar" thing is all about... I am totally new to this forum if thats what you mean... do I sound like a bloke who has been banned or something... well I am not him if any of you care to take my word for it...
If you guys think I was bagging the management I apologize... I was simply voicing my opinion on how the club itself needs to stand up and make sure we don't lose valuable players and make sure we keep the talent flowing in... I agree with what Gus Gould said last week... there should be no salary cap on players you have trained and cultivated through your own lower grades... a player you have made... the only salary cap should be on players you buy from other clubs...

Latest posts