What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the go with Jamie Lyon?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well there's talk that he'll be back for SOO so he can don the blue and gold while he is here, as he is still contrcated to us

god knows we need him

CharlieF

Juniors
Jamie is far from signed, sealed and delivered.

Don't everyone get their hopes up high. I think this rumour about Lyon has only been invented to take away some focus from the internal strife within the Eels team. My mail does not have Jamie Lyon at Parramatta.

PB

Bench
I'm just waiting for him to say he is interested in playing rugby union. That's about the only one we haven't heard from him yet...

CharlieF

Juniors
PB said:
I'm just waiting for him to say he is interested in playing rugby union. That's about the only one we haven't heard from him yet...

He hasn't said anything yet. Everybody else is doing the talking.

Does anybody know why he left the Eels?? Hindmarsh sounded real happy at the news that Jamie may be back.

Bigfella

Coach
Yep. Especially as Weidler was declaring the deal was done and would be announced within 48 hours (last Thursday).

I am still convinced he will be at Manly and was always going to be.

Hellsy

Immortal
CharlieF said:
He hasn't said anything yet. Everybody else is doing the talking.

Does anybody know why he left the Eels?? Hindmarsh sounded real happy at the news that Jamie may be back.

I don't think anyone will truly know that apart from Jamie and maybe his immediate family.

Hindy has said they will welcome him back, and we can only believe they will... but you just don't know if that is the front they are putting forward to the media

PB

Bench
Hindmarsh says alot of things these days..... I tend to take all of it with a grain of salt...

PB

Bench
Bigfella said:
Yep. Especially as Weidler was declaring the deal was done and would be announced within 48 hours (last Thursday).

I believe the Footy Shows (NRL & AFL) are doing a joint show/concert from Beaconsfield tonight.

My mail is Danny Wiedler will be on the scene with a breaking story regarding two miners who have been rescued from a collapsed mine tunnel almost 1 km under ground... Man he gets all the stories...;-)

True EEL

Bench
PB said:
I believe the Footy Shows (NRL & AFL) are doing a joint show/concert from Beaconsfield tonight.

My mail is Danny Wiedler will be on the scene with a breaking story regarding two miners who have been rescued from a collapsed mine tunnel almost 1 km under ground... Man he gets all the stories...;-)

now that's comedy PB.....great stuff!!!!!!:D

fish eel

Immortal
from eela's article:

The Origin matches are on May 24, June 14 and July 15 but St Helens would not be keen for their midfield strike weapon to be away for several key fixtures.

I wonder if Guus considered him for the world cup?

yy_cheng

Coach
This looks old but anyway:

Come home, Jamie
By Adrian Proszenko
May 11, 2006

PARRAMATTA officials are set to table Jamie Lyon a formal offer to return to the NRL club when they meet his manager, George Mimis, next week.

jamielyongetty400.jpg
Target ... Lyon keen to return to the Eels. Pic: Getty Images
Lyon is playing for English Super League club St Helens, but he has expressed a desire to return to the club he walked out on at the beginning of the 2004 season.
Lyon, 24, who could make a shock return to the New South Wales side for the State of Origin series, left the Eels saying he was fed up with city life.
Mimis met Parramatta football manager Tony Zappia last week to kick-start negotiations about a possible homecoming for Lyon.
The former Test centre is still contracted to the Eels, with rival NRL clubs forbidden from approaching him until the June 30 anti-tampering deadline has passed.
"I think Parramatta are keen to move forward quickly," Mimis said today.
"We're in discussions with Parramatta exclusively so we'll see how that unfolds.
"Realistically, from what Jamie has expressed to me so far, although half the NRL clubs are interested, given his personal criteria, I'm not necessarily sure he'd fit with a significant number of those.

Advertisement:
pageid=16566234

"He's looking to narrow it down in his own mind. "Jamie is looking for a particular type of lifestyle, and I don't think geographically all of those clubs can provide that for him.
"He's seriously considering what's been discussed with Parramatta, and that's all he's focused on at the moment."
Mimis, who said it was unclear if Lyon would test his value on the open market, said his client was equally happy to play next year in the centres or at five-eighth, in which position he is playing for the Saints.
"He's pretty open-minded," Mimis said.
"He's had a stint in the UK doing both, and he's enjoyed both.
"At the end of the day, he wants to play at a team that he can help contribute to winning a comp, whether that be at centre or five-eighth, he's happy with either."
Newcastle coach Michael Hagan, who takes over as head coach of the Eels next season, last spoke to Lyon about three weeks ago, and is keen to have him at the club.
Mimis confirmed Lyon had been in contact with senior Eels players to ensure there were no hard feelings about his controversial exit from the club.
"He's had some detailed conversations with the senior guys, and everyone involved for that matter, not just the players," he said.
"I think everyone is quite amenable and happy."
Zappia, who has been managing the New South Wales City Origin side in Dubbo this week, confirmed talks would progress in earnest next week.
"I'm pretty sure that (Eels chief executive) Denis (Fitzgerald) will be keen to do something soon," Zappia said.
Mimis, who also manages Mark Gasnier, said there were no new developments today following the Australian Rugby Union's decision to withdraw its offer to the St George-Illawarra centre.

AAP

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19101678-23214,00.html

Hellsy

Immortal
PB said:

You're a smarty pants :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daneel

Bench
PB said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well done PB, right on the money.