What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the go with Jamie Lyon?

Stagger eel

Staff member
PB said:
Funny how UK articles you read about him list him as a centre, but the Aussie articles say he is a 5/8.

Me thinks his manager is talking him up as having played lots of 5/8, when he really hasn't....

I think it'a more to do with the inept journo's who constantly refer to him as a five-eight in their articles, I think football managers and coach's know what exactly what his form has been like and where his been playing.

Hellsy

Immortal
There was an awful lot of fans that were pinning him as a 5/8 as well..... fans that were from the UK and had seen him play

strider

Post Whore
i think the st george gasnier 5/8 experiment was a total flop

jamie 5/8 - who knows??? .... he's got talent ... tho i don't think he has much of a kicking game .... he'd be a running 5/8, not a ball handling one

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's very true, mate. Gasnier sucks lol.

I'm just basing it on ability - to me, Lyon is better than Gasnier in most areas, and he SHOULD be able to play 5/8...

IF he signs with us, and IF he plays 5/8, I guess we'll find out!

St.Seahawksl

Juniors
Jamie returned to the side for the match with Warrington last night, Saints won 34-22. Apart from a faultless kicking display, 7 out of 7, he was subdued.

A few weeks ago prior to the Saints/Wigan game there was a rumour here he was going to sign a 1 or 2 year extension with us. His intention was to go back to win a place in the 2008 World Cup squad.

It is also rumoured that his girlfriend does not like it here, misses her family.

I think it is a lock that he will return home at the end of the season, but to who? I personally think he needs to make his mind up, sooner rather than later, as it is IMO affecting his game over here.

Eelementary

Post Whore
St.Seahawksl said:
Jamie returned to the side for the match with Warrington last night, Saints won 34-22. Apart from a faultless kicking display, 7 out of 7, he was subdued.

A few weeks ago prior to the Saints/Wigan game there was a rumour here he was going to sign a 1 or 2 year extension with us. His intention was to go back to win a place in the 2008 World Cup squad.

It is also rumoured that his girlfriend does not like it here, misses her family.

I think it is a lock that he will return home at the end of the season, but to who? I personally think he needs to make his mind up, sooner rather than later, as it is IMO affecting his game over here.

I appreciate the report, mate. Thanks!

parra pete

Referee
St.Seahawksl said:

Gee, he should quit now. He's got that sort of form!!!!.(i.e quitting if he doesn't like what's going on) Is she from Wee Waa too?